Roman Abramovich orders clearout

ROMAN ABRAMOVICH will order a ruthless summer purge of Chelsea's pensioners.

The billionaire owner wants a clear-out of the club's ageing stars — including Michael Ballack, Didier Drogba and Deco. The Stamford Bridge squad includes eight players aged over 30 with only Frank Lampard and Ricardo Carvalho from that group safe.

Abramovich knows a £35million exit of the oldies is the only way to create space for some fresh, young talent.A source close to Abramovich admitted: "This looks like being the third year in a row Chelsea have failed to win the title and that's not good enough.

"Roman believes it is time to revitalise the squad so there'll be quite a few of the thirty- somethings sold and the money used on younger stars with the skills to make a difference."

Lampard and Carvalho remain key figures so are unlikely to be sold. But the future of Drogba is in doubt with the strikers wanted by Manchester City and Inter Milan. Ballack and Deco (right) will also be vulnerable after disappointing this season, while Juliano Belletti, Paolo Ferreira and Hilario look sure to leave.

Chelsea will also listen to offers for Florent Malouda, Branislav Ivanovic and Salomon Kalou. http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/2183...at-Chelsea.html

Edited by the wes

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree. But, He was wrong for giving money to buy Deco. Drogba should stay, But that will depend on the next manager. Malouda can piss off, Send him back to France, Ivanovic won't get a game next season, and with Alex and Mancienne for backup there is not point in keeping him on. Kalou is a player I would like to see stay, But I'd rather 1/4 of a big money signing. Belleti and Ferreria have no future at the club, I didn't see the point in signing Belleti.

Have to agree. But, He was wrong for giving money to buy Deco. Drogba should stay, But that will depend on the next manager. Malouda can piss off, Send him back to France, Ivanovic won't get a game next season, and with Alex and Mancienne for backup there is not point in keeping him on. Kalou is a player I would like to see stay, But I'd rather 1/4 of a big money signing. Belleti and Ferreria have no future at the club, I didn't see the point in signing Belleti.

1.Would be tempted to kep Drogba but he is injury prone and throws tantrums.

2.Deco needs to go cus there aint no Scolari to manage him.

3.Malouda should be sent to france and his entry to England should be banned. He has been worse than Shevcheko.

4.Kalou can be sold as well.

5.Beleti should be kept he can be a good back up.

Stopped reading as soon as I saw News of the World, but then I saw Drogba's name. Didier has just got his confidence back and now rumors start that he'll be let go...I say keep him for the rest of his contract.

Im n two minds about Drogba, I guess it comes down to how much we would get for him, he is over thirty and injury prone but still has so much to offer. Also depends who we can get to replace him and how the manager, however that may be be, wnats to play.

Totally agree badboy mikel is our only consistent young player but than again at times kalou has a good spell and he really impresses me when he is not being greedy! I still think it would be very stupid to sell him off, he could be such a star of the future but one down side is that he is very small he needs to start beefing up in the break.

I think it is time for some of the 30+ to go we need some fresh young talent.

Deco, Ferreira and Hilario etc... probably should go.. I think we need a big clear out.

Malouda we cant get rid of him quick enough

Edited by Kez

We really need to sign a bunch of 21-23 year olds next season mikel is the only consistent youngster we have.

I think that was a mistake of JM he has sold Diarra, Glen Jonson and Robben!!

And keep Drogba and Anelka and buy one more striker and have them all scoring!...

Belletti is also another i think we should keep he has been fantastic again this season when he has come on. Every time he gets that ball i just want to see a 35 yard strike that goes top left haha

;)

Exactly -as if a ''source close to Abramovich'' is going to ring up News of the World and say ;

'' Ere, tell you what''

''What ?''

''That Abramovich, the one I'm really close to ''

''Yeah''

''Going to have a ruthless purge of the 30 year olds''

''Is he ?''

''Yeah, put it in your paper, and send me £50 ok, because I'm a bit skint''

''I thought you said you were close to Abramovich''

''I am, but havent you heard of the credit crunch ?''

Yeah kalou is good too but we need mikel class players players who can step up at 19 20 and play.

what players normally step up and play at 19-20???

your not going to find many world class players that can do that.

maybe sign some 17-18 year olds and play them in the reserves but for first team players look for guys around 23-27 range. normally its when they are in there prime.

but if you want to buy youngsters why sell kalou and ivanovic???

i dont understand your logic...

Edited by SempreJuve

what players normally step up and play at 19-20???

your not going to find many world class players that can do that.

maybe sign some 17-18 year olds and play them in the reserves but for first team players look for guys around 23-27 range. normally its when they are in there prime.

but if you want to buy youngsters why sell kalou and ivanovic???

i dont understand your logic...

Their are a lot of players who can play for Chelsea now who are 18 19 20 21 years of age. No i dont want players that are older than 24 no way.