Roman Abramovich orders clearout

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do indeed.

You must be saying that because of his history. He has not even been a consistent starter for man utd. I dont think their is a run away winner this season though, i would put someone like martin laursen way ahead of giggs.

Their are a lot of players who can play for Chelsea now who are 18 19 20 21 years of age. No i dont want players that are older than 24 no way.

name a few, why not older than 24 players peak around 23-28 even and some even later are you suggesting you have a team of 19 year olds? players that young should be slowly integrated into the team so there isnt so much pressure on them. so your saying you wouldnt want diego ribas because he is 24? or davild villa who is 27 are you crazy???

my freind you should buy players at there peak and the younger ones slowly put them intot he first team.

to say 24 is old clearly shows you are delusional.

Look how inconsistent we are with our 30 somethings. Man utd have a young squad and thier doing really well.

You cannot justhave a team of 18 19 20 21 year olds that would be so pointless. We would end up like arsenal who are a very inconsistent bunch of players. For the main reason that they are no experienced enough to be playing day in and day out like they do.

Our "30 year olds" are very consistant actually, sure we had a bad run but that was with a total dick as a manger who was more clueless than avram. So to be fair to our players there are only a certain few we should be looking to off load.

I also do not understand how you could not want anyone over the age of 24, some of the best players in the world are aged between 24 to 29. Im not saying lets go straight for the best players but it would be idiotic not to look into potential signings in that age category.

Edited by STEV3O

You cannot justhave a team of 18 19 20 21 year olds that would be so pointless. We would end up like arsenal who are a very inconsistent bunch of players. For the main reason that they are no experienced enough to be playing day in and day out like they do.

Our "30 year olds" are very consistant actually, sure we had a bad run but that was with a total dick as a manger who was more clueless than avram. So to be fair to our players there are only a certain few we should be looking to off load.

I also do not understand how you could not want anyone over the age of 24, some of the best players in the world are aged between 24 to 29. Im not saying lets go straight for the best players but it would be idiotic not to look into potential signings in that age category.

exactly, good post.

I hate when people put words in my mouth. Not once did i say lets have a team of 18 19 20 21 year olds i said we should sign a bunnch of these plyers this age group. The reason i dont want players over the age of 24 is cause in football, it is rare for a 24 year old to improve on a large scale.

The players who i would have are

douglas da costa (first team) Amazing brazilian left winger great dribbler. 18 years old

Neymar (youth team) Young brazilian striker quick and a good finisher. 16 years old

Rodney Sneijder (first team ) Very similar style to lampard hard worker though, brilliant shot and vision dutch wonderkid the brother of wesley. Midfielder

Fabian Delph (first team) A young english midfield player who has great ability with both feet arsene wenger has bid 6 million for him. Essien type box to box

Edited by Badboy

I hate when people put words in my mouth. Not once did i say lets have a team of 18 19 20 21 year olds i said we should sign a bunnch of these plyers this age group. The reason i dont want players over the age of 24 is cause in football, it is rare for a 24 year old to improve on a large scale.

douglas da costa (first team) Amazing brazilian left winger great dribbler. 18 years old

Neymar (youth team) Young brazilian striker quick and a good finisher. 16 years old

Rodney Sneijder (first team ) Very similar style to lampard hard worker though, brilliant shot and vision dutch wonderkid the brother of wesley. Midfielder

Fabian Delph (first team) A young english midfield player who has great ability with both feet arsene wenger has bid 6 million for him. Essien type box to box

these types of players should be intergrated slowly though, to say you dont want to buy players over 24 still is stupid.

These players are all very young, they can not just come into a team like Chelsea and expect them to be superstars. Its a totally different ball park, playing for just a small club than to come to the big leagues.

Sure they can go through our reserves and try to get a name for themselves there and move on to the seniors slowly but who knows how long that could take. They need to find the confidence in there own ability.

Until our youth does start to get bigger and better we need players who are experienced, and i personally believe the players in the age group of around 22 to 27 are the players we need to look for. At any of these ages we can still get atleast 4 seasons from them without them ageing to much and possibly become stars for us.

But one thing that we need to stop doing is purchasing 30+ year olds because they cannot be around forever and they start to loose what they once had.

these types of players should be intergrated slowly though, to say you dont want to buy players over 24 still is stupid.

Look at man utd when we were winning the league it was a transitional period for them. They bought 18 year old ronaldo 18 year old rooney. Then they get anderson and nani very young plus the da silva twins. The problem i have for players over 24 is we cant mould them into a player they come ready made cause they have played that way for years. Diego would be brilliant but he can only play his way, but if we get a fabian delph who has brilliant shooting ability with both feet and drive we can improve his defensive game too. We need to sacrifice 3 years like united to reap the fruit.

These players are all very young, they can not just come into a team like Chelsea and expect them to be superstars. Its a totally different ball park, playing for just a small club than to come to the big leagues.

Sure they can go through our reserves and try to get a name for themselves there and move on to the seniors slowly but who knows how long that could take. They need to find the confidence in there own ability.

Until our youth does start to get bigger and better we need players who are experienced, and i personally believe the players in the age group of around 22 to 27 are the players we need to look for. At any of these ages we can still get atleast 4 seasons from them without them ageing to much and possibly become stars for us.

But one thing that we need to stop doing is purchasing 30+ year olds because they cannot be around forever and they start to loose what they once had.

douglas da costa would walk into our first team right know he has more ability than kalou and malouda put together.

Trust me douglas da costa has confidence in his ability.

Edited by Badboy

douglas da costa would walk into our first team right know he has more ability than kalou and malouda put together.

See but you cannot guarantee that. You make it sounds like Kalou is a bad player, he actually has improved quite a bit this season and when he was getting continues play time he looked very threatening going forward so i would have to disagree with you on that, as i think it has taken him quite a long time to get more experienced in his position and i think it would be the same with Da costa. Malouda i have got no argument with because my cat could do more than what he has done this season...