Hiddink to stay?

SSN

Russians admit Hiddink fear

Russia admit they fear manager Guus Hiddink will remain at Chelsea beyond the end of the season.

Vitaly Mutko, president of the Russian Football Union (RFU) confesses that the chance to manage Chelsea is a huge draw.

Hiddink has agreed to take charge of Chelsea until the summer following Luiz Felipe Scolari's departure, thus taking on a dual role as he continues to be head coach of Russia.

Hiddink has performed well since arriving at Stamford Bridge and the Russians are desperate for the Dutchman to remain with them - but they admit Chelsea are in a position to lure him away.

"I don't think he would agree to join any club other than Chelsea, not because of his special relationship with Roman Abramovich, but because Chelsea is the kind of global side that any coach would like to manage," said Mutko.

"At the moment we have an agreement with Guus Hiddink that he will combine the two posts only until the summer.

"Of course everything can change, but we should take into account that, for Hiddink, it is better to work with a national side. He is not only a coach but also an organiser, a politician - not a club man."

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should wait until the end of the season to be honest, Guss has started very well but than again so did scolari but i would say that has alot to do with Steve Clarke. But to be fair to him he has got the boys looking a lot fitter and even got us looing like a team again! I think Russia would release him if he really wanted to stay with Chelsea but at this stage i think he might still be to commited to the Coaching Role in Russia

Hiddink has obviously done well so far, but appointing him full time is never going to be a long term move and I still think we'd be better looking for a younger manager who can stay at the club for a long time and build a formidable team if given the time.

I think the decision will ineviatbly fall to Abramovich -if he wants him to stay, he'll smooth the Russian Football Federation, Hiddinks agent, Hiddink will be offered a contract he cant refuse .....

....and then be sacked a few months later

Would love to keep Guus, I think he is arguable one of the very best, he has done a good job so far, obviously has the players respect and would do an even better job if he could bring in his own players over the summer. You have to remember we have a very unbalanced side at the moment.

This is what i think should happen:

Ring ring, ring ring

Jose: allo

Roman: its me, i want you back!

Jose: Took your fucken time rusky!

Roman: I will sign over all control of managment and players to you.

Jose: Malouda will be gone?

Roman: Ill have him packing in 5 mins

Jose: you will never bring back Shevchenko??

Roman: Hahahahahahahahah..........

Jose: Goodbye Italy, Hello Champions league Trophy!

Ring ring, ring ring

Gold lol sounds like a great idea to me

Ring ring, ring ring

:'( Sheva!!!

Though he seemed to be the cause of problems but he just needed a hug!!!!

Still hehehe if only....

Hiddink has obviously done well so far, but appointing him full time is never going to be a long term move and I still think we'd be better looking for a younger manager who can stay at the club for a long time and build a formidable team if given the time.

That's why I say we keep him for as long as possible. That way, instead of finding the first suitable young manager to take us forward, we assess our options and get the best man for the job.