Chelsea vs Wigan

BlueLion.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are wrong on a lot of fronts there. Belletti came on and went to the attacking midfield role vacated by Kalou, and the moment he is expected to go to right back they score. That isn't his fault, it isn't Hiddink's fault, that is clever Wigan play to exploit the position as the player won't have time to settle. I also recall Belletti starting the move which led to the winner. So it was an excellent move.

Ballack was good. He didn't offer much going forward, but looking at his positioning, he played much depper than Lampard, almost as a second DM. He was solid but unspectacular, much like Mikel has been all season.

Drogba was unlucky with his chances, he had two blocked brilliantly, a third saved and a fourth cleared off the line through excellent defensive play. Anelka only had two, and they were very difficult chances. A header under pressure which was less than a foot wide, and a snapshot from the edge of the area which was saved well.

I thought the team played excellently and it was only brilliant defending which denied us the killer second goal.

Well if you see the goal again. We had Beletti and Quaresma trying the block the kick. They were right infront of N'Zogbia but both missed the ball and the ball landed in the box. And we shouldnt be surprised considering Belleti is more attack minded and shit at defense. It is not like Belleti was late getting there. He was right infront but failed to block he shock. Nonetheless, the subsitution was Shocking. Manciene was a STONE there. Apart from that yellow card he did not allow ne crosses in the box.

Ballack, Missed alot of 50-50 chances for the ball. He is a work horse but is giving the ball away and also is slow at getting to the ball.

The team played well no doubt. But we need to learn to score from those chances. We could have scored 4 goals today.

Oh.

My.

God.

Mikel got a shot on target :o

Haha, I was like "No... NO!... oh!"

Well that was a frustrating match with an exciting finish. Why couldn't we finish off the game earlier? Well done to Mancienne for doing so well on his first league start for the club.

Ballack had a descent chance cleared nearly on the line.

It´s right he gives the ball away a lot

but on the other hand he creates a lot of space. He IS like work horse !

I respect him. He gives Lampsey and Anelka/Drogba the space they need !

That was offside anyways. And whats the use of running around the field if you are not doing enough to win and keep balls. Headless chicken springs to my mind.

I love Ballack, but for the sake of the club he needs to sit out. Essien to come in.

Well if you see the goal again. We had Beletti and Quaresma trying the block the kick. They were right infront of N'Zogbia but both missed the ball and the ball landed in the box. And we shouldnt be surprised considering Belleti is more attack minded and shit at defense. It is not like Belleti was late getting there. He was right infront but failed to block he shock. Nonetheless, the subsitution was Shocking. Manciene was a STONE there. Apart from that yellow card he did not allow ne crosses in the box.

Ballack, Missed alot of 50-50 chances for the ball. He is a work horse but is giving the ball away and also is slow at getting to the ball.

The team played well no doubt. But we need to learn to score from those chances. We could have scored 4 goals today.

I'm going to agree to disagree with you.

I do feel we are carrying Ballack in the team at the moment, and that is why Anelka ends up dropping so deep. But the same will happen if we put in Deco and having Mikel in the same team as either of those two doesn't help at home because his role is diminished at home.