Lack Of Discipline?

BlueLion.

I watched the game versus West Ham and I saw hard challenges going in hard and fast. I expected this, it was an emotional derby game and the competition always rises in these games.But ever since Grant has taken the reins, it looks as if the players are gradually becoming less and less disciplined. We're conceding so many fouls as a team, so many bookings and we've had far too many sendings off, in my opinion. It can only come down to Grant's apparent inferior man management, because we never used to concede so many fouls under José. We need it sorting out, because these suspensions are biting us hard on the ass.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i agree ever since he has taken over we have looked alot less discipline on the field which is not a good sign lets hope he speak to the players and get them to calm down a bit on the pitch and play more as a team when its come to us struggling to make anything out of the play

Edited by STEV3O

yup totally agreehe needs to talk to people like Mikel who tend to commit many stupid challenges and tell them to stop it
The challenge he got booked for yesterday werent pretty but I actually thought after JT had a word in his ear Mikel held it together really well. He looked like a blatant target yesterday but for once didnt rise to the bait. Fair play to the man.On the whole though our lack of discipline does seem much more apparent atm. JT lost it again yesterday and got off lightly but I can see why players react like that when it comes to our keepers tbh.

Yes I agree with that. But still, we were lucky that we had a sensible ref for once yesterday and if it was the same ref from last week Mikel would have been off.But it is a fact.. Mikel does tend to make stupid challenges as he is a hothead and needs to change thatI seriously want our players to stop "harassing" the referee everytime a decision goes against us. We are the obvious targets of the FA and they are looking for anything and everythign that they can accuse us of.

Edited by captainmarvel

If we do something noteworthy, the FA and the tabloids are quick to point it out - it is really frustrating. But I think we need to gather our thoughts and buck up our ideas, because we ain't doing too well in terms of discipline.

Good thread. The West Ham game discipline, or lack of was expected, and if the ref had chucked a few early yellows about at Etherington , Boa Morte, it would have nipped it in the bud. However, it could be seen in the wider context of Mourinhos departure. Mourinho in the main would defend to the death any player convicted, however, he was an ex teacher, and lets face it most footballers are little more than children mentally. They respected him, --Grant has no such respect -and we can only hope it doesn't spill into players having a go at each other.

Good thread. The West Ham game discipline, or lack of was expected, and if the ref had chucked a few early yellows about at Etherington , Boa Morte, it would have nipped it in the bud.
I listened to the game on the radio, the commentators were saying West Ham were flying into tackles from the word go. Boa Morte mainly. time after time tackles were going unpunished, and players were gonna continue tackling that way until the ref booked someone.With that in mind I wouldnt blame the players for getting riled up if punished for a tackle, Its up to the ref to control the game and not let things get out of hand. If you've a strong ref then there wont be as many bad challenges as players will know that they will be punished.The refs should be going around the grounds talking to the players about all this anyway instead of turning up on the day trying to make a name for themselves.

Lack of discipline? my arse,we are playing quite well under Grant and i think we had some poor matches too when Jose was the manager.Or we won every game and played perfect matches? :lol: .First of all the game against WHU was a hard game the referee took notice only when things got out of hand.He started giving yellow card's and the game calmed a bit.The only player lacking discipline is Mikel,that boy has more red and yellow cards than appearences.He should fuckin calm down,with a man down we are fucked and we know it.

I listened to the game on the radio, the commentators were saying West Ham were flying into tackles from the word go. Boa Morte mainly. time after time tackles were going unpunished, and players were gonna continue tackling that way until the ref booked someone.With that in mind I wouldnt blame the players for getting riled up if punished for a tackle, Its up to the ref to control the game and not let things get out of hand. If you've a strong ref then there wont be as many bad challenges as players will know that they will be punished.The refs should be going around the grounds talking to the players about all this anyway instead of turning up on the day trying to make a name for themselves.
To be fair I don't think the words 'strong' and 'ref' go together anymore, I blame Poll myself...they've all got the centre of attention syndrome these days. There must've been almost a dozen fouls yesterday before a card came out and half of them were Boa Morte.

I don't think there's an overall lack of dicipline, its just the match yesterday got very frustrating. There were a few tackles yesterday that were out of frustration as the game was heading for a 0-0 draw and we were finding it so hard to break through. it happens with all teams who expect to win. Mikel was awful yesterday, tbh i don't like him much anyway but yesterday i don't know what he was actually on the pitch for. Kalou and sidwell were just as bad. Mikel's tackle was just daft, it's him who's responsible for stupid stuff like that, not the manager or the club. The only thing that has changed since Grant has become manager, is that he doesnt just sit back on leads, he wants to try and score more. I don't think there's a change in dicipline, we weren't exactly squeeky clean last season were we.

AMAZING how the fans jump at every minute lil silly thing inorder to slay our manager who got the reins pretty much under controversial circumstances.Now Blue Lion.....Did you always think that Obi Mikel always played with his head even under Mourinho.? If you remeber he got sent off for a silly challenge on his debut for Chelsea( vs reading i think). He then has got booked several times for his USELESS Tackles and fights. What about the Fight he got into with Toure in League Cup final.? there was a brawl for god's sake. But since it was Jose "I cant do nothing wrong" Mourinho, you never bothered to start this thread. When I watch Obi Mikel play I always hope that he doesnt get booked and that has been the case ever since his debut. No wonder West Ham players were trying to instigate him on the feild and trying to get him booked. Why Grant has to be blamed....for every bad thing which has been prevelant even in Jose days but the only difference is you chose to overlook them then and pay a very detailed attention now under GRANT. Did you forget the confrontation at White Hart lane last season...when Terry got booked...? Did you forget the confrontation against Fletcher( I think) when Manchester united played Chelsea at Bridge last season.? What makes you start this thread all of a sudden and curse Grant for his "ill management skills". Just as you dont give credit to Grant when Chelsea Plays Well saying that The players are grooomed by mourinho similarly dont bother cursing his "ill management skills" when our Players do something wrong on pitch as I would like to remind you that these are the very same players who were grooomed by our own Jose "I cannot do nothing wrong " mourinho.By the way....Useless Thread!!!P.S: I still love Jose but I hate to see the double standards amongst some of our fans. No hard feelings anyone thumbsup.gif

Lack of disipline??? I don't think so anyway.The red cards we have taken have been nothing short of shocking, none of them warranted a red.And as far as the West Ham game goes, FB is right, if the ref had sorted out the West Ham players at the start it would never have got that bad. Mikel was targeted constantly, you could see him getting wound up because the ref took no action, he flew in once and was still targeted after that, but he kept his cool and was fantastic, so full credit to him.There is no lack of disipline as far as i can see.

Hii do not see a lack of discipline , but from mekel i see a very young player whos got to learn as some tackles are a bit reckless , when he sorts that out he will be a essian against w,ham as they are in the blackburn mould , they rough us and we have the players to return the favour , the difference is timming as some players wait for foul & make the most of it , so they wait for mekel as he has a bit of reputation but in general i dont see it as a problem thumbsup.gif