Lack Of Discipline?

BlueLion.

i think our only real problem with discipline is that we complain too much. you always see terry or someone crowding the ref, hassling the ref. i agree that sometimes it is necessary, but they really should refrain from doing it. refs rarely change their mind (unless its for Gerrard :D ). just let him do his job. alot of players, mainly Ashley Cole and Drogba got yellows just for dissent last season, wasn't it so frustrating to watch?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AMAZING how the fans jump at every minute lil silly thing inorder to slay our manager who got the reins pretty much under controversial circumstances.Now Blue Lion.....Did you always think that Obi Mikel always played with his head even under Mourinho.? If you remeber he got sent off for a silly challenge on his debut for Chelsea( vs reading i think). He then has got booked several times for his USELESS Tackles and fights. What about the Fight he got into with Toure in League Cup final.? there was a brawl for god's sake. But since it was Jose "I cant do nothing wrong" Mourinho, you never bothered to start this thread. When I watch Obi Mikel play I always hope that he doesnt get booked and that has been the case ever since his debut. No wonder West Ham players were trying to instigate him on the feild and trying to get him booked. Why Grant has to be blamed....for every bad thing which has been prevelant even in Jose days but the only difference is you chose to overlook them then and pay a very detailed attention now under GRANT. Did you forget the confrontation at White Hart lane last season...when Terry got booked...? Did you forget the confrontation against Fletcher( I think) when Manchester united played Chelsea at Bridge last season.? What makes you start this thread all of a sudden and curse Grant for his "ill management skills". Just as you dont give credit to Grant when Chelsea Plays Well saying that The players are grooomed by mourinho similarly dont bother cursing his "ill management skills" when our Players do something wrong on pitch as I would like to remind you that these are the very same players who were grooomed by our own Jose "I cannot do nothing wrong " mourinho.By the way....Useless Thread!!!P.S: I still love Jose but I hate to see the double standards amongst some of our fans. No hard feelings anyone thumbsup.gif
warnie_666just got to say at least your right in what you say, there's to many on here that blame anything that goes wrong on grant and anything that goes right is down to jose's squad, for me grant is doing ok and it certainly ain't his fault that mikel and essien get sent off, anyone remember essien's first game and is tackle on hamman.

AMAZING how the fans jump at every minute lil silly thing inorder to slay our manager who got the reins pretty much under controversial circumstances.Now Blue Lion.....Did you always think that Obi Mikel always played with his head even under Mourinho.? If you remeber he got sent off for a silly challenge on his debut for Chelsea( vs reading i think). He then has got booked several times for his USELESS Tackles and fights. What about the Fight he got into with Toure in League Cup final.? there was a brawl for god's sake. But since it was Jose "I cant do nothing wrong" Mourinho, you never bothered to start this thread. When I watch Obi Mikel play I always hope that he doesnt get booked and that has been the case ever since his debut. No wonder West Ham players were trying to instigate him on the feild and trying to get him booked. Why Grant has to be blamed....for every bad thing which has been prevelant even in Jose days but the only difference is you chose to overlook them then and pay a very detailed attention now under GRANT. Did you forget the confrontation at White Hart lane last season...when Terry got booked...? Did you forget the confrontation against Fletcher( I think) when Manchester united played Chelsea at Bridge last season.? What makes you start this thread all of a sudden and curse Grant for his "ill management skills". Just as you dont give credit to Grant when Chelsea Plays Well saying that The players are grooomed by mourinho similarly dont bother cursing his "ill management skills" when our Players do something wrong on pitch as I would like to remind you that these are the very same players who were grooomed by our own Jose "I cannot do nothing wrong " mourinho.By the way....Useless Thread!!!P.S: I still love Jose but I hate to see the double standards amongst some of our fans. No hard feelings anyone thumbsup.gif
You've made a lot of (incorrect) assumptions there. First of all, he was sent on in the Carling Cup final for doing nothing wrong, perhaps you need to watch the highlights once more. I am hardly criticising Grant, if you ask any member on this board they could probably honestly say I am one of the few who gives the bloke some credit. And I was not negatively commenting on the man's tactics, I merely said that the man-management of players since Mourinho's departure has declined. I never directly blamed this on Grant, as you would have taken notice of my use of the word "apparent" if you had cared to have read my post thoroughly.In addition, it appears as if you are blaming me for all the hatred against Grant.

I watched the game versus West Ham and I saw hard challenges going in hard and fast. I expected this, it was an emotional derby game and the competition always rises in these games.But ever since Grant has taken the reins, it looks as if the players are gradually becoming less and less disciplined. We're conceding so many fouls as a team, so many bookings and we've had far too many sendings off, in my opinion. It can only come down to Grant's apparent inferior man management, because we never used to concede so many fouls under José. We need it sorting out, because these suspensions are biting us hard on the ass.
I made my "assumptions" based on the "Bold" words. And you tell me that you didnt blame Grant directly for it. I know you are a Pro Grant Fan and I was surprised to see the thread started by you. Had it been CM, Mischeif or FB I wouldnt have been surprised.

I made my "assumptions" based on the "Bold" words. And you tell me that you didnt blame Grant directly for it. I know you are a Pro Grant Fan and I was surprised to see the thread started by you. Had it been CM, Mischeif or FB I wouldnt have been surprised.
Thing is, if it had been one of us starting the thread it probably wouldn't have got much response with everyone assuming its just taking a pop at Grant for the sake of it. That fact that its been started by someone 'pro-Grant' goes to show the cracks are already starting to appear even to those that haven't actually anticipated it all along. I'm not going to say our discipline is necessarily any worse under Grant......it was never that great to start with imo, but considering bad press was another contributing factor to Jose's demise (allegedly), then that's something else Grant hasn't done anything to change.

Well I may have been vague, but I would have made the assumption that the members would be able to read between the lines of what I was saying. Nevermind, let's not make a fuss over nothing.

Hii am one of the jose men , but please tell me what new play can you see , i see same team but better for grant as jose did not have terry , lampard , drogba , through injury , so its 100% obvious we are playing better , i am not fickle when i see something good i will say , yet to see it , lots of hot air , and yes we are saying jose this , jose that , cos thats where he got us , we were not far from super , and now , too many ifs , but i still support the team thumbsup.gif