Drogba's future

Mirror

Didier Drogba wants to quit Chelsea and is told to ‘go’ by Luiz Felipe Scolari

Didier Drogba is trying to quit Chelsea - and was told by Luiz Felipe Scolari: “Go if you want to.”

Marseilles claim the want-away Drogba, dropped for tonight’s huge FA Cup replay at Southend, rang officials at the French club after Chelsea’s humiliating 3-0 defeat at Manchester United on Sunday urging them to end his Stamford Bridge misery by landing him on loan.

The African, who spent a year at the Stade Velodrome before joining Chelsea, is utterly disenchanted with life under Scolari, blaming the Brazilian for the wretched form set to see him dumped in favour of Nicolas Anelka at Roots Hall.

A close friend said last night: “Didier is so disgusted with Chelsea that he is ready to go. He is happy to make a financial sacrifice, so long as he can play for a club that really wants him.”

Drogba, who wants pay parity with £140,000 per week John Terry and Frank Lampard, has been told he can forget any question of being offered a new contract until the end of the season, while Chelsea will only listen to a significant cash offer.

But as Scolari hinted he had run out of patience with the striker, the under-pressure Blues boss laid the new facts of life at the Bridge on the line for Drogba and any other unhappy players.

Scolari, who read the riot act to his squad yesterday, said: “I have looked at many games with Anelka and I have looked at last few games with Didier.

“I will put my opinion on the pitch every game. If I have given players only one chance then maybe some of them will complain they have only had one opportunity.

“But when I have given four or five chances then there is no room for questions.

“If one player does not want to stay at Chelsea then now is the time to go away.

“Until now no-one has made an offer. But come now and pay us. Don’t make a problem for me and Chelsea. Come now and buy the player. Now you can do it and make an offer.

“After January if no clubs have come in then it’s too late. So I say to the agents and clubs, come here and buy now because now is the time. Send a club here and buy and finish it.”

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness to Drogba, he had no service whatsoever on Sunday against Manu. He's still trying to get back into the groove in front of goal after his injury, but if he wants to go I wouldnt stand in his way.

Your right but he is not the only player on the field, the whole team couldnt get into the game and it is hard for them to give him the service if we could not get the ball. Also i no he is coming back from an injury and he does need time but he still should not be opening his mouth every week saying he wants to leave.

Your right but he is not the only player on the field, the whole team couldnt get into the game and it is hard for them to give him the service if we could not get the ball. Also i no he is coming back from an injury and he does need time but he still should not be opening his mouth every week saying he wants to leave.

If someone had bid for him in the summer he would have been off, but no-one came in with a solid bid and I think that pissed him off slightly. His ego took a massive blow and its served him right. If he played as well as he talked we'd be better off for it.

If someone had bid for him in the summer he would have been off, but no-one came in with a solid bid and I think that pissed him off slightly. His ego took a massive blow and its served him right. If he played as well as he talked we'd be better off for it.

Could not of said it better myself.

He was just laughing on sunday everytime he fucked up. I didnt enjoy that. It may have been funny for him but me and my family certainly werent laughing. I think he cares but he isnt giving 100% or even 80%

Scolari says THAT, and the media prints it as "Drogba wants to go". Great Job.

I think people should stop slagging Drogba. He scored the goal against West Brom, He was good against Fulham, one poor match in which the entire team was pathetic and we all point fingers at Drogba. I want Drogba to stay.

Scolari says THAT, and the media prints it as "Drogba wants to go". Great Job.

I think people should stop slagging Drogba. He scored the goal against West Brom, He was good against Fulham, one poor match in which the entire team was pathetic and we all point fingers at Drogba. I want Drogba to stay.

Everyone on this forum would like drogba to stay but not if he is going to keep slagging on the club, and if he is only going to play when he feels like it because we need someone who is going to play with all his heart to get the results we need.

For me if Drogba doesn't want to stay then he should go NOW because a disintersted Drogba is a waste of time for Chelsea football club. Everybody would like to see more from Drogba. A lot of people get frustrated with him because he had that one season where he was unplayable and we have not seen him get even close to that form since, and all we have heard since is that he wants to go ect....

His body language and attitude on Sunday has certainly not helped matters.

Well, according to mass media reports, Drogba has been dropped for the game away at Southend tonight. If that's the case, it's very likely that the club are willing to drop the player and if that is the case, it would appear that they are willing for him to leave either this month or in the summer. It is clear to me the player's heart is not at the club and because of this I think he should go.

Well, according to mass media reports, Drogba has been dropped for the game away at Southend tonight. If that's the case, it's very likely that the club are willing to drop the player and if that is the case, it would appear that they are willing for him to leave either this month or in the summer. It is clear to me the player's heart is not at the club and because of this I think he should go.

I think the main reason he has been dropped is because he's had a few chances to play and hasnt done the business. Anelkas form till Drogba came back was very good and he did score the majority of his goals in away fixtures, so imo its only right that Anelka gets a shot upfront once again.

I think the main reason he has been dropped is because he's had a few chances to play and hasnt done the business. Anelkas form till Drogba came back was very good and he did score the majority of his goals in away fixtures, so imo its only right that Anelka gets a shot upfront once again.

Drogba is a tart striker just like Dixon, Osgood, was. OK his attitude is Greta Garbo, but to be fair to the bloke he got shit service on Sunday, and for Scolari to make him the scapegoat is an elastoplast on a ruptured artery.

Scolari seems to pander to what ever the fan zeitgeist is a few days or a week later. Work on set pieces, sub Deco, drop Drogba. Stable door, horse bolted. Weak management imo

Drogba is a tart striker just like Dixon, Osgood, was. OK his attitude is Greta Garbo, but to be fair to the bloke he got shit service on Sunday, and for Scolari to make him the scapegoat is an elastoplast on a ruptured artery.

Scolari seems to pander to what ever the fan zeitgeist is a few days or a week later. Work on set pieces, sub Deco, drop Drogba. Stable door, horse bolted. Weak management imo

Part of the problem is that Scolari dropped the premier leagues top scorer who was in form to accomodate Drogba. Yes Drogba got shit service on Sunday but everyone could see that his attitude was not right on the day either.

He isn't the only one either. Ballack, Deco, Malouda to name a few more.

Part of the problem is that Scolari dropped the premier leagues top scorer who was in form to accomodate Drogba. Yes Drogba got shit service on Sunday but everyone could see that his attitude was not right on the day either.

He isn't the only one either. Ballack, Deco, Malouda to name a few more.

I'd add Lampard to that list. Ironically I thought Deco played OK, since his first two games, and yet gets subbed. Yes , Drogbas mind was on the French Med where Marseilles love him, but the obvious solution is nurture a Drogba Anelka parnership ala Gudjohnsen/ Hasselbaink, Speedie/Dixon -not isolate the pair...