Chelsea 1-1 Dortmund

James

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

How do we fit James and Gusto into the same team?

They are both too good to be on the bench.

Think we’re going to see a LOT of rotation with Reece to keep him fit this season. 

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

James in the pivot. 

This obsession with putting James in the pivot is ridiculous. Like it makes no sense at all. 

We need someone to play a more restricted/disciplined role next to Enzo as he isn’t disciplined or defensively strong enough to be that player so why the obsession with putting a RB - who’s greatest strengths are getting up and down the pitch, affecting the game in the final third - in that position?

Playing him on the righthand side of a 3 man MF would maybe make more sense but as a more disciplined midfielder? No sense. 

23 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

This obsession with putting James in the pivot is ridiculous. Like it makes no sense at all. 

We need someone to play a more restricted/disciplined role next to Enzo as he isn’t disciplined or defensively strong enough to be that player so why the obsession with putting a RB - who’s greatest strengths are getting up and down the pitch, affecting the game in the final third - in that position?

Playing him on the righthand side of a 3 man MF would maybe make more sense but as a more disciplined midfielder? No sense. 

Really? You think RJ's best ability is to get up and down the pitch? For me, I think that is one of his weakness in the RB/RWB position as he hasn't got the quickest acceleration - although it isn't poor. So? That is not what I see.

RJ's strengths, for me, is his strength/aggression on and off the ball, positional awareness, his long range passing and his shot. In fact I think he is actually wasted at RB/RWB but have accepted it because of how vital a WB is in a 3atb system. 

Then we come to the injuries he gets all the time which seem to affected his joints a lot. This I am almost certain are down to his build as he really isn't build to be a sprinter and he has such a powerful build - see his Dad for this. 

Additionally, in the development sides he typically didn't play RB because Livra and Lampty were here and he was so good they could play him anywhere. Now we have Gusto who looks promising and should be given a chance to claim the RB position so that we can move RJ into a more influential position in a back 4 system. 

Edited by King Kante