Kane or Lukaku?

Jonny

7 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I think there is alot to be said about been a one club player, yeah he might not have any medals or trophy's, but to Tottenham he's a football god. 

Perhaps - but great players tend to be remembered more for winning trophies. Suppose they can make him a being a god at Tottenham trophy.

For example, Alan Shearer was a phenomenal striker in terms of strike rate but only won 1 major honour at club level so when people talk about the greatest PL strikers, guys like Aguero, Henry, Rooney, Andy Cole, Bergkamp, usually all crop up before he is - maybe unfair in some regards because he is the PL top scorer of all time but its probably because he only won 1 trophy.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Perhaps - but great players tend to be remembered more for winning trophies. Suppose they can make him a being a god at Tottenham trophy.

For example, Alan Shearer was a phenomenal striker in terms of strike rate but only won 1 major honour at club level so when people talk about the greatest PL strikers, guys like Aguero, Henry, Rooney, Andy Cole, Bergkamp, usually all crop up before he is - maybe unfair in some regards because he is the PL top scorer of all time but its probably because he only won 1 trophy.

Trophy's are teams efforts in a way, shearer goal record is his own I suppose, personally I'd rather play at Chelsea all my life and win nothing but become a legend, than move to arsenal or spurs or utd and deffo Liverpool to win something.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Vesper said:

depends what Kane costs

he is 30yo in July

probably has 3 or 4 good years left max 

dice roll once he hits 33, 34 (34yo in his 5th year)

cannot see him a force at 35, not a chance

I actually disagree with this. I think Kane’s game will age fantastically. Think he’ll replicate exactly what Lewa and Benzema are doing currently and scoring for fun well into his mid 30’s. 

He’s already slow, he already doesn’t rely on running, isn’t a high jumper. I think in a team with lots of athletes and legs around him he’ll continue to score 20+ in the league every season.

If was open to moving here to work under Poch again I’d be fine with us making a mammoth offer. But on principal Levy would say no. Do wonder if he’d still dig his heels in if we offered north of £100m with just 1 year left on his contract. At some point it would be totally irresponsible for him to turn down silly money for a player that wants out, no matter how nasty it would be selling to a hated local rival. Especially for a cheap club like Spuds who will not only not have UCL money but also have that stadium bill hanging over them still.

My guess is that he ends up as United’s new poster boy, though. Easier for Levy to sell to a non-rival, non-London club and easier to tell the fans that he wanted to go play in the UCL. And think about England’s #1 most beloved player going to England’s #1 darling club… 🤢🤢🤢

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I actually disagree with this. I think Kane’s game will age fantastically. Think he’ll replicate exactly what Lewa and Benzema are doing currently and scoring for fun well into his mid 30’s. 

He’s already slow, he already doesn’t rely on running, isn’t a high jumper. I think in a team with lots of athletes and legs around him he’ll continue to score 20+ in the league every season.

If was open to moving here to work under Poch again I’d be fine with us making a mammoth offer. But on principal Levy would say no. Do wonder if he’d still dig his heels in if we offered north of £100m with just 1 year left on his contract. At some point it would be totally irresponsible for him to turn down silly money for a player that wants out, no matter how nasty it would be selling to a hated local rival. Especially for a cheap club like Spuds who will not only not have UCL money but also have that stadium bill hanging over them still.

My guess is that he ends up as United’s new poster boy, though. Easier for Levy to sell to a non-rival, non-London club and easier to tell the fans that he wanted to go play in the UCL. And think about England’s #1 most beloved player going to England’s #1 darling club… 🤢🤢🤢

well to be fair I am saying he may well be a good to great CF until 34 or so

that is well past all but a few

I do not see him at 35yo in the EPL being at Benz or Lewa level

Edited by Vesper

23 minutes ago, Mário César said:

why kane woud want to play for us?

If United don’t get him where else could he go? City don’t need a #9 obviously. Real Madrid don’t. Barca don’t. Juve are in the dumps. Bayern would probably love him but ain’t spending mega money I wouldn’t think.

If he’s adamant that he wants out I think ourselves and United are the only options. He probably fancies the PL record, too, so will want to stay in England.

If these are the only 2 choices ... 

Then it is a no brainer, Kane all the way. He still has goals in him, lot of them. If the service is right, he can easily excel for another few seasons. 

He wouldnt come here is something which is obvious. 🙂

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

If United don’t get him where else could he go? City don’t need a #9 obviously. Real Madrid don’t. Barca don’t. Juve are in the dumps. Bayern would probably love him but ain’t spending mega money I wouldn’t think.

If he’s adamant that he wants out I think ourselves and United are the only options. He probably fancies the PL record, too, so will want to stay in England.

no way levy sell kane to us

probably he would stay at tottenham but I can see United offer 100M pounds and get him 

• 2 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You