Scolari - We lack a playmaker

Mail

We lack a playmaker at the Bridge, says Chelsea boss Scolari

While vibrant Aston Villa are thriving on flair, Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari last night claimed his club's failure to sign a world class playmaker in the summer has dented their title ambitions.

Chelsea drew 1-1 against struggling West Ham on Sunday and have dropped 14 points at home this season, but they remain second in the Barclays Premier League.

Scolari said: 'We lack an organiser who can get hold of the ball, get forward and energise our front line. I just have players who work on the ball.

'Deco, Michael Ballack and Frank Lampard can all shoot but I don't have a player who can dribble.

'When we are at home our opponents close up at the back, with lots of men behind the ball. That makes it difficult when you don't have an organiser.

'It is different when we play away. The home sides play a more open game. 'There is no point in me weeping or moaning or seeking blame. I have to find a solution - and that is what I will do.'

Scolari has confirmed he will have no money to spend in January but is planning to make changes to his team for Monday's clash against Everton.

You do have a player who can dribble, Joe Cole.

I said this last season, play him behind the strikers instead of out wide. Central midfield was his natural position. JM converted him to a winger.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mail

You do have a player who can dribble, Joe Cole.

I said this last season, play him behind the strikers instead of out wide. Central midfield was his natural position. JM converted him to a winger.

Very True, Who are you going to play on the wings?.... who are your back up wingers....?

Very True, Who are you going to play on the wings?.... who are your back up wingers....?

We play with Malouda and Kalou atm who are as effective as a chocolate fireguard.

Ash and Bosingwa would create the width as they do atm, but they need to get their acts together, their crossing in the past few weeks has been non existant or ineffective.

...................Mikel..................

....Deco/Ballack or Lampard....

...................J.Cole.................

......Anelka..............Drogba....

If need be when defending, Anelka and Joe can fall back and fill in supporting the wing backs.

We have lacked a creative playmaker for far too long now, it has been so obvious for so long now and nothing has been done about it. To be honest not to have a back-up plan for Robinho was very poor indeed.

If he wants someone who can dribble with the ball and create things i hope he was watching the reserves last night, Miroslav Stoch has to be given the chances to replicate his ability in first team games.

Joe cole is not the type of player he is trying to talk about !

Who then?, because we dont have any money to spend and we've got exactly what we need within the club already imo. If we're going to go for someone like Sneijder, Van der Vaart, etc...it'll cost £20m+ to get them from Madrid. Pirlo and others of that calibre will cost the same.

Deco was supposed to be the "playmaker" we so desperatley needed, and after initially showing promise his inability to cope with the high tempo of the EPL is beginning to show. LFS needs to realise this, swallow some pride and bench him. Too many players nowadays are playing on reputation. They should be in the team on merit alone, and Deco doesnt merit a starting place.

Edited by Tri-Blue