8. Enzo Fernandez

ZAPHOD2319

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

But what if the French players in the squad as well as the multiple other nationalities don’t accept an apology?

Or if the ownership group deem that as an incredibly harmful act to moral at the club? And the image of the club? 

When they took over one of the things they wanted to promote was ensuring a good work culture and remove things such as bullying and toxicity in the work place as it had been heavily hinted at in the previous regime. Racism and homophobia is pretty severe compared to those two.

Fofana, Gusto & Disasi have already removed him from their social media pages. We have Ugochuwku, Sarr, Badiashile & Nkunku also who also are French and no doubt will be disgusted if they’ve seen that video. We have got players who are African such as Datro Fofana and Nicolas Jackson who may be offended as the chant mentions certain African countries and transexuals. 

I think people that are expecting this to be swept under the rug and his place at the club is a sure thing because its Enzo Fernandez and he cost whatever or is one of our best players are being particularly narrow minded and short sighted.

Yes he isn’t alone but he is unfortunately the face of it as he is streaming the video, he is the most clear person in the stream singing it. 

Not saying it should be swept under the rug. He should 100% be punished. I just don’t think his punishment should be “never play for Chelsea again.”

But I’ll wait to see his response and how sincere he is.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

A sincere apology and a suspension from the club should be enough. You can’t kill someone’s career for a (very, very stupid) celebration. He’s now got to live with fans booing him in every stadium, his teammates never trusting him fully again, and everyone thinking he’s a massive racist for the rest of his career. All of that plus whatever discipline from the club and put a line under it.

Selling someone who we just payed over £100m for and who was set to be a key player is surely impossible for the club.

What does his price tag have to do with his actions?

If our players and owners have a serious issue with the video, I don't see how an apology will do anything. Have a look at what Mudryk did compared to Enzo.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

If our players and owners have a serious issue with the video, I don't see how an apology will do anything. Have a look at what Mudryk did compared to Enzo.

You’d like to think the price we paid wouldn’t come into it but let’s not be naive. If he cost £5m he’d be out the door by the end of this week.

Taking a massive loss on a £100m player in the financial position we’re in would be catastrophic. 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Not saying it should be swept under the rug. He should 100% be punished. I just don’t think his punishment should be “never play for Chelsea again.”

What also doesn't go in his favour is he's the one videoing it, and live streaming it when he knows he plays with french black players, either he couldn't give a toss or he's absolutely think as pig shit.

Just now, Pizy said:

You’d like to think the price we paid wouldn’t come into it but let’s not be naive. If he cost £5m he’d be out the door by the end of this week.

Taking a massive loss on a £100m player in the financial position we’re in would be catastrophic. 

The more extreme end of the spectrum is 100m is a small amount compared to sponsorship refusals and sponsors pulling out etc, the money that could potentially be lost is far greater than 100m 

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Didn't Arsenal have a player with rape allegations and nothing happened. Imagine getting rid of Enzo for this when other acts are way worse and nothing happens.

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

Everyone knows most of these pro football players are not the sharpest tools in the shelf but damn, how stupid you have to be to do this? I can understand when a player is video taped doing or saying something stupid, must not be easy being followed pretty much 24/7.. But live streaming yourself signing such a song? No red lights were flashing inside at all?

He was live streaming the first song and let it keep going to the slur against French players before hitting stop. Not defending him at all.

Just now, Pizy said:

The club wouldn't rescind his contract, so we'd get some money back. Do you honestly think the club wants to be painted with the brush of having racist ties to save £20–30 million?

As @YorkshireBlue said, no player is bigger than this club. 

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

But I don’t see how knowingly and happily singing a hugely controversial, well known racist and homophobic Argentinian song/chant from the world cup isn’t a punishment of that severity? 

Do you really think an apology, fine, demotion, some anti racism counselling before being re-integrated into the first team is really enough? That would be a PR disaster across the board.

Not to mention the fact that given the percentage of French and African players in the current squad and also in past teams, as well as the huge fan base we’ve had in that region for years. I mean really?

Fuck his price tag. If the investigation done by the club goes the way you would imagine it would given the video, he has to go. Stop being so naive. Damage to the clubs image, sponsors and morale in the squad is much more expensive than a £100m player. We don’t want that sort of attitude or personality associated with the club irrespective of who it is. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

Nonsense last few replies, he was just having fun celebrating and euphoria, doesn't mean he was a racist, calm the fuck down.

Reports are some of the black french players in our squad have unfollowed him. What was sung was not something to be celebrated and if you feel so you are part of the problem.

1 minute ago, TheHulk said:

Didn't Arsenal have a player with rape allegations and nothing happened. Imagine getting rid of Enzo for this when other acts are way worse and nothing happens.

I assume you are referring to Partey. If this is the case, then based on where the alleged incident occurred, there either were no charges filed in the first place or they were quickly dropped. Rather than justifying such behaviour, I'm just going off what I know (should be locked up with Greenwood).

Enzo was LIVE STREAMING. Can it get any more incriminating than that?

Just now, bluesman2610 said:

Reports are some of the black french players in our squad have unfollowed him. What was sung was not something to be celebrated and if you feel so you are part of the problem.

Just because you singing to a dumb song doesn't mean you believe what you sing. Its of course stupid from him and even streaming it himself but he clearly didn't mean what he said, also whole bus was singing to it even if they don't all show up in video.

Anything outside apologizing to his teammates and taking a fine is too much.

1 minute ago, TheHulk said:

Just because you singing to a dumb song doesn't mean you believe what you sing. Its of course stupid from him and even streaming it himself but he clearly didn't mean what he said, also whole bus was singing to it even if they don't all show up in video.

If a group of 10 murder a man and all you do is film it as part of the group and don't lay a single hand on him, you will be charged with murder, just because a group is doing it doesn't make it any less of a crime, also doesn't matter if he believes it, he filmed himself signing it, it's like me walking into a black populated estate and singing songs about the KKK, but don't worry lads I don't believe what I'm signing I'm just signing it? I wouldn't walk out alive I know that much.

16 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Irrespective of how you feel, it is practically 99.9% indefensible.

He is live streaming it himself. Clearly singing it word for word (which means he’s knows the words and 99.9% likely what they mean because well why would you sing a long to something you don’t know?). Live to millions - including his French/African teammates at club level. He won’t be only one who gets in trouble but he will 100% be one of them at club and international level.

How you can think it is acceptable in this day and age says a lot more about you than it does about anyone else. Backwards mentality.

Edited by OneMoSalah

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Irrespective of how you feel, it is practically 99.9% indefensible.

He is live streaming it himself. Clearly singing the words. Live to millions - including his French/African teammates at club level. He won’t be only one who gets in trouble but he will be one of them for sure.

How you can think it is acceptable in this day and age says a lot more about you than it does about anyone else. Backwards mentality.

I don't think it's acceptable but don't think he should be terminated for it either. You think that whole bus was all filled with racists when they sung it? They are happy they won, we're euphoric, probably drunk and singing to a popular Argentinian song. 

Make video apologize to teammates, take fine and move on. 

I don't post here much, but I frankly don't give a fuck if he cost 100m or not I say get him the fuck out, if not for his blatant racism for his absolute stupidity in videoing it, if I were any of his teammates I'd never be able to look on him the same way again regardless of whatever apology he may be forced into, so in short fuck him.

I am Native American. I love my tribe mates and being a part of my tribe has been a lifelong endeavor. Especially the older members are racist af about whites. They feel they have been wronged for hundreds of years by white people. If you really know them, they know they are being racist af toward people that should not bear the brunt of their anger. Most whites had nothing to do with it. It does not stop them. It is so engrained in the culture that I had to make sure my children were exposed to all our traditions, culture, and language, but also made them aware that this part of tribal life is unacceptable.

Enzo is a young man, he can learn from this. I just hope he didn't burn bridges with his team mates, because he is not really so young that he should know better.

4 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

I don't think it's acceptable but don't think he should be terminated for it either. You think that whole bus was all filled with racists when they sung it? They are happy they won, we're euphoric, probably drunk and singing to a popular Argentinian song. 

Make video apologize to teammates, take fine and move on. 

If this was mudryk would you have the same opinion? Or chilwell? Gallagher? I no for a fact you wouldn't, you a massive Enzo fan that much is clear, but if you wouldn't accept this from the players above just because it's Enzo makes it no better.