Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

He has to be first choice centre back! We are so much more solid when he plays there, no reason for him to be playing right back with dave coming in. Luiz & Cahill need to fight for the other position while terry is injured.

• 3 weeks later...

If i had to choose one player to blame after Torres for our drop in form , it will be Branislav !!

His two stupid red cards definitely had huge effect on the shape of our season , Had we won those two games as we should ve had he not been dismissed , our season would have definitely taken a different route.

Azplicueta is a better RB for me and Luiz,Terry are 1st choice CBs.

Anyone see him on CTV tonight?

What a fantastic man. Top pro, loved by the players, loves the club and SURELY captain material?

Anyone think he should be captain when Frank and JT not there?

I can't see him getting the captaincy, to be honest. What I think is more likely to happen is his contract will run out without him being offered a new contract once he turns 30.

Anyone see him on CTV tonight?

What a fantastic man. Top pro, loved by the players, loves the club and SURELY captain material?

Anyone think he should be captain when Frank and JT not there?

I think with each passing game, Mata becomes a stronger and stronger candidate for the Captaincy.

Ivanovic at his familiar CB position has been great recently as it allows Azpilicueta to play RB and Luiz in midfield = win. When Terry is fit he can replace Cahill in the starting lineup but other than that Benitez should leave things as they were today, he shouldn't make the mistake of mixing up a winning lineup again.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=srb/news/newsid=1909297.html?rss=1909297+Serbia+acclaims+Chelsea+defender+Ivanovi%C4%87&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Chelsea FC defender Branislav Ivanović has been named as Serbia's Player of the Year, receiving the Football Association of Serbia (FSS) Golden Ball award at a ceremony today.

The 28-year-old Serbia captain received the award for the first time in its eight-year history at the end of a year in which he won the UEFA Champions League with his club. "This award means a lot to me," he explained. "When you are named the best in your country, it is a reward for everything you have achieved up to now. I am happy, but I want to say thanks for my family and all of my team-mates, from my club and the national team - they helped me to get where I am today. Now the onus is on me to maintain this standard, and even improve on it."

After a spell with second-flight FK Srem, Ivanović established himself in the Serbian Superliga with OFK Beograd, before moving to Russia to join FC Lokomotiv Moskva in January 2006, and then heading on to Stamford Bridge two years later. Once captain of the Serbian Under-21 team, he has now scored seven goals in 57 senior international appearances.

The prize for Serbia's best coach went to Dragomir Okuka, who this season led Chinese side Jiangsu Sainty FC to a second-placed finish in their league – an achievement that also netted the one-time FK Velež winger a coach of the year award in China two weeks ago. "Every award makes you happy, but this one will have a special place in my heart," explained the 58-year-old, who led FK Obilić to their only national title in 1997/98. "At the moment, I am working far from my home, so the recognition from the people from the FSS is very much appreciated. I am very, very proud."

I'm loving him at centre back.

When he's played at right back for a few games and then centre back, he's looked shakey. But now they he's starting there regularly he's really filling his potential finally IMO.