Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

13 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

These clauses are nothing new and are in fact standard. The characterising of something as 'punishing' drives clicks I suppose, but it don't reflect the reality of loans. When players of development age are loaned, it is absolutely normal that the fee is inversely linked to the number of games they play. More games - lower fee, fewer games - higher fee.

The clause that he plays two thirds of the matches looks ok at first sight.
All this commotion and he does n't play two thirds of the matches ?
But what if the player is injured or red carded ?

To optionally claim him back in ... January is a guillotine.
Heads we win, tails you lose.
If he is bad let him be, if he is good we claim him back !

Goztepe are way bottom of the league in Turkiye and they did n't mind.
However I imagine if AEK Athens had the money and really liked the player they could do something better.

Edited by cosmicway

23 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I'm aware such clauses exist, but they really shouldn't be a worry if both parties are keen on the move. Fulham reportedly had to pay us an additional £4 million for Broja's loan term on top of his wages. In any case, wouldn't it be better to loan players to clubs in need of them & have a high chance of getting game time?

Just look at the farce that was Santos' loan to Forest. He might as well have been on a holiday for 6 months.

We have to assume that Forrest thought they needed him or they wouldn't have done the deal. Sometimes moves don't pan out in the way all parties hoped they would.

On 22/06/2024 at 18:17, TheHulk said:

We're getting a young striker either way rather Beier than clowns like Duran or Samu.

Oh okay. 

On 25/06/2024 at 23:39, Pizy said:

We should just be glad that the club is spending only £5m on this kid than £40m on Duran, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Referring to my post a few weeks ago re: Sancho. Looks a completely different player even than at Dortmund post United, so odd. Good for us, obviously, 45 minutes in but he's nothing like he was. Maybe having the going squad of Noni, Cole etc helped heaps.

15 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Referring to my post a few weeks ago re: Sancho. Looks a completely different player even than at Dortmund post United, so odd. Good for us, obviously, 45 minutes in but he's nothing like he was. Maybe having the going squad of Noni, Cole etc helped heaps.

Let's wait and see. Give him time. Mudryk looked amazing on debut against Liverpool. 

as I have said for years

Pedro Neto simply doesn't produce enough goals

he had only 14 goals and 19 assists, all comps, in his 5 seasons in the EPL

plus he is left footed (we are just overloaded in terms of wingers both now and coming in who are left-footed) and does not play well on the left wing

plus he is very injury-prone

I still do not understand why we dropped £54m on him

bc302b1ab834f853810698a66cf944d4.png

On 04/09/2024 at 13:52, Vesper said:

Tyrique George  Maresca’s decision to throw him on against Servette was a sign of trust in the promising 18-year-old winger, but he has a lot of high-profile competition to play regularly.

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

as I have said for years

Pedro Neto simply doesn't produce enough goals

he had only 14 goals and 19 assists, all comps, in his 5 seasons in the EPL

plus he is left footed (we are just overloaded in terms of wingers both now and coming in who are left-footed) and does not play well on the left wing

plus he is very injury-prone

I still do not understand why we dropped £54m on him

bc302b1ab834f853810698a66cf944d4.png

Too soon. I agree he’s not a cut inside and shoot and is more a wide defensive/selfless winger. Contrary to many here I value that role tremendously. You can spot a player doing that job in every silverware run. It’s a team sport not a game about individual stats.

With that said, I’m not entirely sure wide players would be that effective with Jackson in attack; he’d need more of a target man type as a striker.

For what you get, not having to watch Mudryk try to play football, money well spent.

Neto is fine. A creative outlet that can open the game up. I think that wing becomes Sancho’s as a starting option and Neto to come on late and run at teams. 

Given the way we play, I’d love to see Sancho, Nkunku and Palmer from left to right. All sitting behind Jackson. 
Having Noni, Neto, Felix and anyone else is excellent as backups or rotational players there. 

If Lavia can stay healthy our midfield is looking good. Just need some continuity and understanding of where they’ll all play together. If we’re getting sliced through the middle - maybe play all 3 there and have Jackson sit from up front. Nkunku, Sancho and Palmer won’t be short of creativity.