Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Jesus. I take a nap for a couple of hours and everything goes to shit. Looks like no Osimhen, no Sterling leaving, and no Sancho coming (good).

That salary offer from Saudi is straight up impossible to turn down. His career is effectively over at 25 but he’ll get to live like an Emporer for the rest of his life with that kind of money.

Not TOO upset that we may end up with no new striker this window now. But I am really annoyed that we may be stuck with Sterling and Chilly still on our books.

Now seeing Paul Joyce report that Ipswich are after a striker from Palace. So that must been no Broja there. 

Man, today is looking awful from a Chelsea POV! 

It;s now looking at those figures as astronomical as they are, simply only one thing can get him here and that's his own desire. we simply cannot match that or even come close to those figures, it has to be his want for the PL and Chelsea over everything.

13 minutes ago, mkh said:

#BREAKING: Chelsea offers €40 Million plus 1 player to Benfica for Tomás Araújo.

(@cnnportugal)

I like that we looking at CB's. But can't say i know the player well.hasn't played that many games at Benfica,but linked to potentially replacing Skriniar at PSG..

If we bidding for a CB might suggest that a sale is in the pipeline.

Tomas Araujo is One of the Highest Rated Young Talents at Centre Back in the Game.

Everything you want from a defender, pace, ball playing, tackling, aerial ability.

PSG have made a €5m-a-year contract offer for Benfica defender Tomas Araujo (22). Paris need to sell before going any further, with Chelsea looking to step in.

@Tanziloic

Chelsea vs PSG👀🫡

With our new wage structure we simply can’t go toe to toe with PSG. Never mind a Saudi club offering more in 1 year than Osimhen would make over 3-4 here.

If PSG want this kid from Benfica they’ll get him. Especially since we pissed Benfica the fuck off during the Enzo ordeal whilst PSG just had a really smooth and amicable deal with them for João Neves.

Honestly, forget incomings at this stage. I’m worried we’ve fucked ourselves with outgoings by waiting this long. Great Lukaku is gone but Broja, Sterling, Chilly, Trev, DDF etc all look extremely difficult to move at this point.

1 minute ago, mkh said:

People close to Benoit Badiashile inform me there is no chance of him leaving before Friday’s deadline.

(@BobbyVincentFL)

😵‍💫😒

Don't mind that he wants to fight for a place,we aren't going to shift all who might need replacing in the next 53 hours. Plus his problem is consistency,good streaks and bad but less of a lost cause for Enzoball than Disasi 

Even if it's just for next few months to a year..

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Honestly, forget incomings at this stage. I’m worried we’ve fucked ourselves with outgoings by waiting this long. Great Lukaku is gone but Broja, Sterling, Chilly, Trev, DDF etc all look extremely difficult to move at this point.

Eh. Not like we get to choose when other clubs make bids and we can't force anyone to take them. They're all advertised as for sale. Sterling and Chilly maybe we could have done sooner but clearly Maresca wanted to assess them first.

Most or all will either get sold or go on loan before the deadline. Deals to Saudi for example I assume can still happen later (e.g. if Sterling finds himself with no realistic alternatives to continue making the money he wants + actually getting to play football).

13 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Eh. Not like we get to choose when other clubs make bids and we can't force anyone to take them. They're all advertised as for sale. Sterling and Chilly maybe we could have done sooner but clearly Maresca wanted to assess them first.

Most or all will either get sold or go on loan before the deadline. Deals to Saudi for example I assume can still happen later (e.g. if Sterling finds himself with no realistic alternatives to continue making the money he wants + actually getting to play football).

In years past we could’ve just flogged them all on loan at the last minute but with the limited loan spots how many do we even have left?

Yes please to Araujo. Portugal are having a renaissance. 

He’s pro-active. A better distributor of the ball imo than any of our CBs. Really seems to always be in the right place at the right time - not even interceptions, but more being the one who the ball lands at so no need to intercept - I like his positioning in certain scenarios a lot. 

His passing and vision is like a really good passing midfielder. He is quick to think and just makes the right choices. So far, in smaller stake games. He reminds me of Christensen yet where Christensen oozed anxiety — years later confirmed to throw up before games — Araujo exudes such a calm demeanour. He leads by example so far. No wonder his name has come up whether via influential agent or via genuine interest. I want. I get it. If City got him I’d say perfect for them. 

He reminds me of Carvalho too in style and decision making. Reminds me of a lot of CBs coming to mind in succession for different reasons. I think he’s one of those ones. 

Edited by IMissEden

1 hour ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

It aint exactly a choice between wealth and poverty.

It’s a choice between relaxing wealth vs stressful wealth. Fun wealth or work wealth. 

Edited by IMissEden

We can all armchair it to each their own opinion, if someone offers me £10m a year for a project club vs £30m a year with a release clause, I'm taking it. All in all, personally, I don't rate VO, it's a shame we couldn't sign another striker, no clue who, and shift Jackson to the LW, he's played very well there before.