Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Anjorin said his goodbyes to Chelsea (he is going to Empoli).

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_NNPz7NTdp/?img_index=1

Such a shame about his injuries, was supposed to be another talented attacking midfielder from the academy, bit like Loftus-Cheek.  

Hopefully he does well for Empoli

20 minutes ago, Thor said:

Has anyone here watched VO in great depth? 

I see a lot of things that can go wrong, but I definitely see someone who can light it up as well. 

I don't see the same issues as I do with Rom as he is a much, much harder worker and a pressing machine. But his finishing seems iffy at times, and comes across clumsy and unrefined in a lot of areas. Or maybe I'm wrong and it just looks unconventional? 

He is definitely better than Rom (who of course we should never have signed), aside from his injury problems.

He presses and puts his body on the line, he has demonic power shots and great aerial / heading ability. Puts in a good shift. Very poor passing and ugly dribbling but like with forwards like Costa when we had him its ugly yet effective when in form.

He takes tonnes of shots and will miss a lot and frustrate us a lot in the games when he doesn't score. But with the volume of shots he gets in he does score plenty of goals.

If he isn't scoring at least 20 league goals a year he will be a downgrade on NJ imo, because NJ also assists and helps massively in build up as demonstrated beautifully vs Wolves. I am not even convinced Osimhen is a 100% guaranteed starter for us, but definitely a great option to have in the squad.

Think at this point it’s going to come down to how wide the gap is between our wage offer and the Saudi one and also how ambitious Osimhen is. 

You would hope that our wage offer isn’t something he and his agent deem “disrespectful.” Like, offer a base salary of just over £200k per week to bring him in line with our top earners and give him incentives to hit which will give him raises. Because if we offer him £120k a week they’ll probably (rightly) laugh in our faces and tell us to fuck off.

My thought is, Osi after the PR, plaudits and purple patches, maybe deservedly so, would have Wanted - I think expected too, but surely wanted, think about it - a /currently top team/, /stable/, that other calibre as we know, simply Madrid, Bayern, City, at a push can say Inter at the moment I suppose. Stable prestige. 

Arsenal during their own patch aligning in time with Osi’s — i think he would have taken them, looked the new City - briefly. 

I think it’s an adjustment in expectations - and not quite aligned desires, but a push from others - any proximity to Chelsea of today. I really do not think he has done what he has done with Napoli, to not then step into a title-contending environment. Remove the bias. Why on earth in the universe, come here. Because, of a story built up of African connection at this point. It smells, looks, sounds, like - others generating the idea, of wanting him, without explaining once how he fits - unsubstantiated hype - leaving an impression all round, both sides, of, well this is the date that’s being arranged and going to happen, this is a courting session, which defaults makes it somewhat likely to happen if nobody else is courting like that.

It feels like an arranged marriage to someone who doesn’t necessarily want it. Why would he. Bar, the emotional attachment forced on him since the links let’s say. But I’m referring to outwith the transfer window rumour mill time period. 

This is another issue for me. If he joins, if he was seeing himself a certain way — if he doesn’t hit the ground running, or maintain purple matches over and over — I’d expect a discontented player. Not necessarily a problem-player personality-wise. But when the going gets tough, it’s easier to get back going, when you’re not a bit disappointed about where you are.
He hasn’t jumped to join, so it adds up along with a zoom out, surely any other fans just of football and seeing how things go, not CFC fans, surely wouldn’t expect him to jump for joy at a CFC approach being the biggest courters, yet understand Accepting it, settling for it.
If I was him, I would probably want to go with PSG at this point, for it feeling more prestigious at this time, which I think matters to him off the back of so much hype. Ego is real. 

We have a wage structure on one hand, but on the other, we’ve also been recruiting aligned personalities and mindsets. He doesn’t fit that either, in my opinion, from breadcrumbs of 2+2s that may be wrong. Logically he isn’t at the stage or phase to want to join here, nor is he of the stage or phase the collective are in. Neither is he Mr Experience Mr Proven to compliment them. It’s not perfect. These prices keep going around should be getting perfect fits. Otherwise blowing cash on limiting the potential of the side. I understand many don’t regard sport psychology still in 2024. Cool. All said, I’m not saying I expect anything other than him being Bought, or settling for us. Then a sort of Nkunku regression due to being a weird fit for how the side has ended up designed. 😾

Edited by IMissEden

The thing with Sancho is that if we make a legit move for him and speak with him via his agent I doubt he’ll choose moving to Italy over the club he supported as a kid. Especially if they’re is offering a loan and us a permanent move. Doubt he wants to go through this whole situation again a year from now and would rather his future be settled.