Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I have heard several predicting they stay up. Leicester has two different point deductions coming. 

I see both Leicester and Ipswich as the 2 clear favourites to go down

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

Getting Felix for like 25m less than Spuds paid for Solanke….

We can revisit this. Solanke could even work out but Joao Felix is a bad deal even at 40m. Plus he’s been brought as a left winger which makes even lesser sense 

4 hours ago, Mário César said:

if we coudl get guei after this would be fantastic 

Palace want £75m for Guéhi

Inter wanted £77m for Bastoni

Barca wanted around £85m for Ronald Araujo

26d8999846ff5f6a814a28f4e5836538.png

add in Bremer and Gvardiol (when he goes back to CB from LB)

and you have the only 7 truly WC, under 30yo CBs (atm and IMHO) on the planet, (with Micky van de Ven, another one of my targets back in the day, perhaps getting there soon)

Guéhi is a very good, solid CB but nowhere near that level of value for that price

Edited by Vesper

To already discuss new CBS despite Badi Disasi Fofana Colwill re emphasises how much of a joke the setup at BlueCo is. Why would you not expect anything but more punchlines to come. Another punchline is I bet most on this forum were going googoogaga over all 4 CBS to then go on and disparage xyz. Was shocked to see us get Dis and Badi, I threw my toys out the tram before they kicked a ball. Doesn’t take a genius. Colwill dev is completely stunted and not going to fix until his environment changes, as I don’t have faith he will fix his mindset within this environment. Fofana, cool, whatever. Was lovely being fed some hype out of nowhere for a player nobody was talking about 8 months prior. I love BlueCo and the fans so much 

Edited by IMissEden

5 hours ago, mkh said:

Chelsea are looking to loan out, but NOT sell, 19 year old forward Deivid Washington.

Source: Brazilian journalist @andrehernan.

Alex Goldberg few months ago screaming WE HAVE THE BRAZILIAN BENZEMA 

Edited by IMissEden

11 minutes ago, IMissEden said:

To already discuss new CBS despite Badi Disasi Fofana Colwill re emphasises how much of a joke the setup at BlueCo is. Why would you not expect anything but more punchlines to come. Another punchline is I bet most on this forum were going googoogaga over all 4 CBS to then go on and disparage xyz. Was shocked to see us get Dis and Badi, I threw my toys out the tram before they kicked a ball. Doesn’t take a genius. Colwill dev is completely stunted and not going to fix until his environment changes, as I don’t have faith he will fix his mindset within this environment. Fofana, cool, whatever. Was lovely being fed some hype out of nowhere for a player nobody was talking about 8 months prior. I love BlueCo and the fans so much 

"Toys out of the tram." I like it. 🙂

14 minutes ago, IMissEden said:

Alex Goldberg few months ago screaming WE HAVE THE BRAZILIAN BENZEMA 

I don't object to this. There does seem to be something about Washington. Giving him time and hoping that, at the very least, he might increase his value is fair enough in my book.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Palace want £75m for Guéhi

Inter wanted £77m for Bastoni

Barca wanted around £85m for Ronald Araujo

26d8999846ff5f6a814a28f4e5836538.png

add in Bremer and Gvardiol (when he goes back to CB from LB)

and you have the only 7 truly WC, under 30yo CBs (atm and IMHO) on the planet, (with Micky van de Ven, another one of my targets back in the day, perhaps getting there soon)

Guéhi is a very good, solid CB but nowhere near that level of value for that price

I read on here a few weeks ago that Palace wanted £60m for MG and that we had a 20% sell on clause. I predicted then that Palace would be looking for that amount, net, from the deal. Thus making the full price £75m. By that logic, MG would cost us 'just' the £60m after our discount is sliced off. I would hesitate at that price.

I said all along, when Gvardíol was being linked with Chelsea, that I would sign him to play at left back, so I don't see him reverting to centre back. That said, I don't follow closely enough to know if he actively wants to do that. I just know that his attributes are very well suited to the LB roll.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

30 minutes ago, IMissEden said:

Another punchline is I bet most on this forum were going googoogaga over all 4 CBS

as a noob you have no clue

I, for instance, was extremely unhappy with every one, plus Koulibaly

I remained neutral on the freebie Tosin, but I had doubts, and so far he looks far from good enough

I lost my shit especially over Fofana and Disasi, especially Wesley (search it, I said he has the potential to be one of out worst buys ever)

I HAVE been a big Colwill fangirl, but ffs, he is hardly playing up to standard I expected him to as well

I do not recall anyone here who was super happy with any of the CB buys

same for GKers

so you fail right there trying to erect some framing to try and slate us with

44 minutes ago, Vesper said:

as a noob you have no clue

I, for instance, was extremely unhappy with every one, plus Koulibaly

I remained neutral on the freebie Tosin, but I had doubts, and so far he looks far from good enough

I lost my shit especially over Fofana and Disasi, especially Wesley (search it, I said he has the potential to be one of out worst buys ever)

I HAVE been a big Colwill fangirl, but ffs, he is hardly playing up to standard I expected him to as well

I do not recall anyone here who was super happy with any of the CB buys

same for GKers

so you fail right there trying to erect some framing to try and slate us with

Not disagreeing with the sensible takes, but reminder that defenders are also very dependent on what happens in front of them; completely exposed CBs without the necessary support rarely look good.

Also, why not have a Chelsea transfer per season? It's hard to search in this huge thread.

Edited by robsblubot

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I read on here a few weeks ago that Palace wanted £60m for MG and that we had a 20% sell on clause. I predicted then that Palace would be looking for that amount, net, from the deal. Thus making the full price £75m. By that logic, MG cost us 'just' the £60m after our discount is sliced off. I would hesitate at that price.

I said all along, when Gvardíol was being linked with Chelsea, that I would sign him to play at left back, so I don't see him reverting to centre back. That said, I don't follow closely enough to know if he actively wants to do that. I just know that his attributes are very well suited to the LB roll.

He plays CB for the Croatian SR team, played mostly CB at Leipzig and before that, Dinamo Zagreb, and I assume, once Pep fucks off after this season (let's hope he does, lol) that he will eventually shift back into a primary CB role

Pep's system is pretty unique in that he can use CB's as FB's to a greater degree than most others, as he has shown with Ake and Akanji as well

at least that is my take on things after watching it for many years now

the one high quality CB who has perma switched to FB that I can recall is Ben Whote as Arse's RB

I do not at all see him going back to CB (and unlike Gvardiol, White always seemed a bit on the light side for an EPL CB anyway, but perfect for an EPL fullback)

Lucas Hernández always struck me as more of a fullback than a CB

and Alaba, who is a great CB now (at least for years before his injury) was the best LB in the world for a good spell

all 3 of those are not the rock solid, bigger build that Gvardiol has

they all 'look' like fullbacks, versus Gvardiol 'looking' like a CB to my eye

Re collective perceptions of players

Remember it being emphasised, highlighted, that BlueCo were bringing in “PR Experts”. The Goldbergs of twitter aside — do note, if anyone is on the platforms enough to see, the very sudden influx past month only, of accounts and voices never ever heard or seen before, suddenly en masse in unison pushing the same opinions, while since the City game, framing a “The fans are the problem, not BlueCo”. 

The lack of people-skills there whether among those who think they know better, or from wherever their ideas are coming from. It’s pretty shocking to, not put forth an opinion among opinions, but police the fanbase which is happening now. It makes talking about players very difficult and almost deflating. I work in music industry and I am very familiar with botting on social media, and they’re doing it to us.