Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Strike said:

People knock him saying he was playing in the Championship but it is more beneficial he's had a year playing against low-block, small teams with Leicester because that's what it is going to be with Chelsea for a lot of the games in the Premier League. 

It is much better than signing a 'Premier League experienced' mid who's been playing counter attacking football with Brentford or Nottingham Forest. 

not a lot to choose from

(26yo and under EPL CMFs valued at or more than Dewsbury-Hall

Alexis Mac Allister 🤩
Dominik Szoboszlai  🤩
Kobbie Mainoo 🤩
Matheus Nunes 
Pape Matar Sarr 🤩
João Gomes   
Curtis Jones 
Ryan Gravenberch   
Joe Willock

25 minutes ago, Strike said:

Crazy that Forest value Callum Hudson Odoi at 40m a year after we sold him for 5m.

He was one of their top scorers, scored 8 pl goals, more than mudryk and Madueke. 
he is and never was a 40m player really but also not a 5m one. Unfortunately our boards expert trading strategy is buy high sell low .

We also sold RLC and Pulisic for cents on the dollar despite them being no worse than their replacements. Wonder what Milan would quote us if we wanted them back. 

19 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

He was one of their top scorers, scored 8 pl goals, more than mudryk and Madueke. 
he is and never was a 40m player really but also not a 5m one. Unfortunately our boards expert trading strategy is buy high sell low .

We also sold RLC and Pulisic for cents on the dollar despite them being no worse than their replacements. Wonder what Milan would quote us if we wanted them back. 

CHO and RLC had one year left on their contracts, not much to do. I don't remember whether Pulisic had more years on his contracts, but basically in all 3 examples there were not many players wanting to buy them.

5 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

CHO and RLC had one year left on their contracts, not much to do. I don't remember whether Pulisic had more years on his contracts, but basically in all 3 examples there were not many players wanting to buy them.

I know. Makes it even worse. When there is little residual value you can easily play hardball. Keeping all 3 one more year and losing them on freebies would have hardly been catastrophic.
we have consistently overpaid for transfers while receiving market value at best for outgoings. When Hazard had one year left and only wanted to go to Madrid, marina still milked them for 130m. She may have fked up some sales and overpaid in others but all these gargantuan fumbles from clownlake put her decent work into perspective. 

7 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I know. Makes it even worse. When there is little residual value you can easily play hardball. Keeping all 3 one more year and losing them on freebies would have hardly been catastrophic.
we have consistently overpaid for transfers while receiving market value at best for outgoings. When Hazard had one year left and only wanted to go to Madrid, marina still milked them for 130m. She may have fked up some sales and overpaid in others but all these gargantuan fumbles from clownlake put her decent work into perspective. 

well, Mount and Havertz were sold at good value

50 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

If this is true it completely ruins other people's theories that we will be a selling club to make money 🤣

We all kind of realised that the UK government made sure with new owners that every person footballer and staff management and youth academy player brought in on Roman Abramovich paycheck has to leave. That's how evil the UK politicians are.

I know the new ownership will get it right by 2025/26 or 2028 that Chelsea will have at least 1 fa cup or premier league title or 1 Europa League title.

8 minutes ago, KEVINAA said:

We all kind of realised that the UK government made sure with new owners that every person footballer and staff management and youth academy player brought in on Roman Abramovich paycheck has to leave. That's how evil the UK politicians are.

Maybe best to leave the rest of the beer in the fridge..

7 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

Maybe best to leave the rest of the beer in the fridge..

I don't drink any alcohol. Watch how you talk to me.

It's impossible to put words and thoughts into a forum with text and not be able to get my point across properly.

You have no proof I drink alcohol or beer and many other people would sue you for saying that to them.

Have some respect to how you talk to people Online.

Edited by KEVINAA

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

When Hazard had one year left and only wanted to go to Madrid, marina still milked them for 130m

Hazard was the exception to the rule.   From memory we also lost Kovacic/Jorginho for low transfer fees as well. 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Crazy that Forest value Callum Hudson Odoi at 40m a year after we sold him for 5m.

We bought Madueke for around 30 million...would think CHO would be around that sort of figure. 

Then there's Brighton who just bought that unknown newcastle talent for 30+ million. 

CHO would have easily netted us 25-30 million if he didn't have those niggling injuries and then for some reason being asked to re-train as a wingback. 

7 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Hazard was the exception to the rule.   From memory we also lost Kovacic/Jorginho for low transfer fees as well. 

We are best selling club in the world by a country mile. Would say under both regimes actually.  Ramires, Oscar, Costa, Morata, Matic... And new ownership also with Saudi moves and pure profit moves from players who are like 3rd or 4th options for their positions. Jorginho had 6 months on contract and Kovacic one year plus their age. 

10 minutes ago, KEVINAA said:

I don't drink any alcohol. Watch how you talk to me.

It's impossible to put words and thoughts into a forum with text and not be able to get my point across properly.

You have no proof I drink alcohol or beer and many other people would sue you for saying that to them.

Have some respect to how you talk to people Online.

Slanderous to slag off another countries government and with baseless theories and claim that we were sailing in your one man boat to paranoid island.

I'd say it was kind of me to presume you were drunk than just a window licker.

11 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

Slanderous to slag off another countries government and with baseless theories and claim that we were sailing in your one man boat to paranoid island.

I'd say it was kind of me to presume you were drunk than just a window licker.

Post of the year