Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

If any midfielder needs to be sold, it should be Barkley first and foremost. Jorginho, despite some frustrating flaws in his game, is still decent enough to be kept around. 
As much as Gilmour has performed well in the last 2 games, I think it would be unfair on him, who turns only 19 years old very soon - to suddenly expect top class performances week in week out. He still has a lot to learn, improve and experience. Having someone like Jorginho to help with that etc would be beneficial. 
Question is what can he learn from Jorgi? He can learn from his positional play and how to tackle (Jorgi is a good tackler but overdoes it every match and gets a yellow card for it).
But when it comes to actual passing, I think Jorgi can learn more from Billy than the other way around.

Billy is way faster and the far better dribbler than Jorgi. I prefer playing Billy if he continues like this because our offensive movement looks way more fluid. Jorgi can't dribble and does not have the speed to run past players. So when an opponent is in front of him, he usually passes to the sides. Billy on the other hand is able to dribble past players and then can make a great pass. So because he dribbled past someone, he gets a lot of more space, which can be used for dangerous passes and for his runs. Jorgi is not a great dribbler and passes it sideways, so we lose couple of important seconds without getting any extra space. Fabregas wasn't a master dribbler at Chelsea too and he was as slow as Jorgi, but he always had the ability to play those 50 meter inch perfect long balls to his strikers. Jorgi rarely plays those balls and most are not as precise as Cescs passes. This is why I prefer Billy. He is way more mobile and can change a game faster

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

I would not take the risk. If he can't make it in Serie A with other great defenders, why should he make it in a better league like the PL?

Just get at least 60 mio. for Jorgi

What makes you think he isn't making it in Serie A? Sure he didn't have the best of debuts at Juve but he was improving every single week, had quite a few brilliant performances as well and we have to remember that he is still only 20 years old. Virgil van Dijk, for example, was filling water bottles on FC Groningen's bench at that age. Juve being in middle of big transition as they changed their manager and their style of play hasn't helped his debut season either.

I seriously doubt they'd ever even offer us that Jorginho<->De Ligt deal but if they would, I'd take it no question about it even though I love Jorginho.

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

If any midfielder needs to be sold, it should be Barkley first and foremost. Jorginho, despite some frustrating flaws in his game, is still decent enough to be kept around. 

As much as Gilmour has performed well in the last 2 games, I think it would be unfair on him, who turns only 19 years old very soon - to suddenly expect top class performances week in week out. He still has a lot to learn, improve and experience. Having someone like Jorginho to help with that etc would be beneficial. 

Barkley should leave indeed. Jorginho too. Not because he isnt good enough, but because he is too good for the bench and doesnt offer something different compared to Billy or Kova. All three are holding mids that can dictate. Thats why we should sell Jorginho while he is still worth something and buy solid DM who can add another plan to our game if we need to close the lines. 

15 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Barkley should leave indeed. Jorginho too. Not because he isnt good enough, but because he is too good for the bench and doesnt offer something different compared to Billy or Kova. All three are holding mids that can dictate. Thats why we should sell Jorginho while he is still worth something and buy solid DM who can add another plan to our game if we need to close the lines. 

I disagree re Kova playing there, his passing isn't of the elite standard to cope like it is with those two. I remember he once played that role in the Europa (was one of the home knockout ties) and he played the team into trouble about 4 times in the first half hour.

I think we're quite lucky to have 2 deep lying midfielders and we should keep it that way, remember all the panic over Jorgi burning out during the Sarri season?

14 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Question is what can he learn from Jorgi? He can learn from his positional play and how to tackle (Jorgi is a good tackler but overdoes it every match and gets a yellow card for it).
But when it comes to actual passing, I think Jorgi can learn more from Billy than the other way around.

Billy is way faster and the far better dribbler than Jorgi. I prefer playing Billy if he continues like this because our offensive movement looks way more fluid. Jorgi can't dribble and does not have the speed to run past players. So when an opponent is in front of him, he usually passes to the sides. Billy on the other hand is able to dribble past players and then can make a great pass. So because he dribbled past someone, he gets a lot of more space, which can be used for dangerous passes and for his runs. Jorgi is not a great dribbler and passes it sideways, so we lose couple of important seconds without getting any extra space. Fabregas wasn't a master dribbler at Chelsea too and he was as slow as Jorgi, but he always had the ability to play those 50 meter inch perfect long balls to his strikers. Jorgi rarely plays those balls and most are not as precise as Cescs passes. This is why I prefer Billy. He is way more mobile and can change a game faster

Agree with all of that but my point is, I wouldn't mind having a similar but more experienced player around as an option. And like I said, expecting Gilmour to do everything well at only 19 years old is unfair on him. He will experience a patch of bad form and we will then need someone similar to come in for him, for example. 

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Jorginho still gets so little respect, I see. 😏

No way I'd sell him unless we get someone on his level to replace him. And I don't see anyone out there who's available.

Yeah I would rather believe pro footballers who played against him lately. 

We almost always play 1-2 system in midfield and Jorgi and Billy are only capable players we have for that deeper role. Nothing to change there.

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yeah I would rather believe pro footballers who played against him lately. 

We almost always play 1-2 system in midfield and Jorgi and Billy are only capable players we have for that deeper role. Nothing to change there.

Luke Shaw said Victor Moses is the toughest player he has had to face. Going by your logic, guess Moses is a very good player then? 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ignore the formation, him playing at RWB etc bit. Would you say Victor Moses is a very good player? 

I think Shaw said this about Moses in Wigan. It was one of his first games in pro football so I can see why would he had that impression.

But about Jorginho I do not need Longstaff or anyone to tell me how good Jorginho is. I can see it for myself.

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think Shaw said this about Moses in Wigan. It was one of his first games in pro football so I can see why would he had that impression.

But about Jorginho I do not need Longstaff or anyone to tell me how good Jorginho is. I can see it for myself.

Then why did you even bother to use the quote to try and justify your view then? :lol: 

Just now, Jason said:

Then why did you even bother to use the quote to try and justify your view then? :lol: 

Maybe some people respect his opinion more. Maybe saying he is one of the best is over the line but nothing more than Chelsea fans who think he is bad player and needs to be sold and can be replaced easily.

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Maybe some people respect his opinion more. Maybe saying he is one of the best is over the line but nothing more than Chelsea fans who think he is bad player and needs to be sold and can be replaced easily.

But Sean Longstaff? SEAN LONGSTAFF?! SEAN FREAKING LONGSTAFF?!?!

Nobody thinks he is a bad player. Just playing Billy has more advantages for our football

On 6/5/2020 at 7:07 PM, King Kante said:

He is such a bang average player. I really do not want him unless he is £20m or something and even then I would probably play Alonso in front of him. 

The fortunate thing in this however is that it is pretty much proven the press do not have a clue what we are actually up too, so this is just them guessing and if it does not work out they can say someone 'hijacked' us if he goes elsewhere. 

I don't understand the objection against Chilwell. When Leicester beat us at the Bridge last season, he along with Pereira were the best players on the pitch. He was absolutely sensational. I have been studying him closely for past 3 seasons and I am surprised at all the criticism he gets. Open play, offensively, he is one of the best FB around. His crossing and passing is quite good too and seems people are forgetting he is just 23. In the few matches he has played for England also, he has looked very impressive. I think he is going to grow into a top LB. 

Yeah, I can understand being against us spending Harry Maguire money on Chilwell (I am, too!) but I don't get people slating his actual quality. His form had gone off the boil which also coincided with the whole Leicester team going off the boil. But there's a reason he's the most sought after fullback for both Lamps and Pep. He's got every attribute to become a world class fullback. If Liverpool didn't have Roberston already I'm sure they'd be sniffing around, too.

He'd lock our fullback pairing in for the next handful of years at least.