Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

I am taking it that you're disregarding the transfers for Kepa, Bakayoko and Drinky. 

Kepa we were forced and had no other alternatives and Drinkayoko were Conte’s targets. 

If Telles is available for 25 million and Chilwell 80 million, you genuinely think Lampard and the board will push for the latter? Even after Lampard made it evidentially clear we need to strengthen in attack desperately? 

16 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Kepa we were forced and had no other alternatives and Drinkayoko were Conte’s targets. 

If Telles is available for 25 million and Chilwell 80 million, you genuinely think Lampard and the board will push for the latter? Even after Lampard made it evidentially clear we need to strengthen in attack desperately? 

Maybe, Lampard seems to rate Chilwell more than Telles. Many journos like Law and Nizaar keep mentioning that Chilwell has always been Lampard first choice target for LB.

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Being forced into Kepa was down to Granny not planning properly. That Summer their were the following GK moves in the PL: 

Leno

Dubravka (loan to perm) 

Alisson 

Foster

Guieta

Fabianski

Patricio

So there was really no need to painic. As for Baka and Drinky, there are strong question marks those were actually players that Conte requested and they were rather his 2/3/4th options, like Morata was instead of Lukaku. 

7 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Maybe, Lampard seems to rate Chilwell more than Telles. Many journos like Law and Nizaar keep mentioning that Chilwell has always been Lampard first choice target for LB.

Lampard isn’t bloody stupid. 80 million makes Chilwell look bang average. He even looks more average when you realise a superior player is available for less than half of that amount. 

Journals love linking us to English/domestic players but how many of them actually came to fruition?

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Lampard isn’t bloody stupid. 80 million makes Chilwell look bang average. He even looks more average when you realise a superior player is available for less than half of that amount. 

We'll see about that next season. 

8 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Being forced into Kepa was down to Granny not planning properly. That Summer their were the following GK moves in the PL: 

Leno

Dubravka (loan to perm) 

Alisson 

Foster

Guieta

Fabianski

Patricio

So there was really no need to painic. As for Baka and Drinky, there are strong question marks those were actually players that Conte requested and they were rather his 2/3/4th options, like Morata was instead of Lukaku. 

Ah yes, blame Marina. A lady who has virtually no say on who we target based on her job description, yet it’s apparently the cool thing to think she does. :lol:

Allison wanted Liverpool. Leno joined Arsenal before Courtois pulled his stunt. Other than that, virtually none of those keepers are better than Kepa or are the long term. 

Out of his own mouth, Conte said they were his targets. Danny fucking Drinkwater 

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Ah yes, blame Marina. A lady who has virtually no say on who we target based on her job description, yet it’s apparently the cool thing to think she does. :lol:

Allison wanted Liverpool. Leno joined Arsenal before Courtois pulled his stunt. Other than that, virtually none of those keepers are better than Kepa or are the long term. 

Out of his own mouth, Conte said they were his targets. Danny fucking Drinkwater 

Granny is clearly the one in charge of negotiating deals. Don't get me wrong, when we sell she gets great prices but incoming transfers are always an issue unless their is either a buyout or some sort of gentleman's agreement. I never said she was in charge of scouting but rather she is the one that needs to get things over the line. 

As for Courtios, his 'stunt' took place over the course of about 18-24 months as we spent ages trying to get him to re-sign. At what point during that time did it dawn on the board that we should be targeting other players as he was not going to sign? Because from the looks of it the club only accepted this in Aug 2018 by which point everyone had moved. Further, Kepa had a buyout of £18m in Jan 2018 (7 months prior to his actual signing) so it is clear we didn't rate him or even had him on our radar at that point. 

You say that, but all those GK's, other than Alisson went for peanuts and I would argue that Leno, Patricio and Dubravka are much better than Kepa. Further, with the way he has played since being here I am pretty sure Foster, Guitata and Fabianski would've had a good chance of displacing him if they were in the same squad. A save percentage of 56% is absolutely dire and anyone who thought a skinny 6"1' GK who stays stuck to his line with weak wrists was worth £74m needs sacking. Some of them may not be long term but they have all been better than Kepa since he has been here by every quantifiable measure there is. 

As for Conte where are the direct quotes saying he wanted Baka and Drinky? I think the only quote I heard him say about Baka was that he thought he was a good option but on the proviso he was brought in whilst Matic was sticking about and not as a direct replacement. 

11 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Chilwell is it then? Lampard must really rate him very highly to even let Telles sign for PSG.

Of course, I've no idea where the truth is in this report but I don't see why it should be assumed that this would be Frank's decision. Any player might choose PSG over Chelsea these days.

Granny is clearly the one in charge of negotiating deals. Don't get me wrong, when we sell she gets great prices but incoming transfers are always an issue unless their is either a buyout or some sort of gentleman's agreement. I never said she was in charge of scouting but rather she is the one that needs to get things over the line. 

As for Courtios, his 'stunt' took place over the course of about 18-24 months as we spent ages trying to get him to re-sign. At what point during that time did it dawn on the board that we should be targeting other players as he was not going to sign? Because from the looks of it the club only accepted this in Aug 2018 by which point everyone had moved. Further, Kepa had a buyout of £18m in Jan 2018 (7 months prior to his actual signing) so it is clear we didn't rate him or even had him on our radar at that point. 

You say that, but all those GK's, other than Alisson went for peanuts and I would argue that Leno, Patricio and Dubravka are much better than Kepa. Further, with the way he has played since being here I am pretty sure Foster, Guitata and Fabianski would've had a good chance of displacing him if they were in the same squad. A save percentage of 56% is absolutely dire and anyone who thought a skinny 6"1' GK who stays stuck to his line with weak wrists was worth £74m needs sacking. Some of them may not be long term but they have all been better than Kepa since he has been here by every quantifiable measure there is. 

As for Conte where are the direct quotes saying he wanted Baka and Drinky? I think the only quote I heard him say about Baka was that he thought he was a good option but on the proviso he was brought in whilst Matic was sticking about and not as a direct replacement. 

So what players exactly have we missed out on that Marina is held responsible? 

Arsenal had a deal struck with Leno before the World Cup even started, whereas we just finished winning the FA cup. You are being pretty critical to suggest the board are fools for not anticipating Courtois to go AWOL when they were doing everything they could to have him extend. 
Clubs knew we were desperate, hence them having all the bargaining power. Were you this critical of Kepa last season when he came third in clean sheets? 

Conte in 2017 - “For me, the midfielders are very important because I need midfielders with specific characteristics. Danny has those.”

Conte also stated how he wanted to directly replace Matic with Bakayoko by easily transitioning him. 

This took a 2 minute google search.  

Look at the transfers we've made since compared to what Conte's made at Inter. We've gone after technically accomplished players while Antonio has carried on approaching the same type of profile of player to what we brought in his second season. Less than a year at Inter and he's been aiding United's rebuild more than anyone.

4 hours ago, King Kante said:

If you take the Kepa comparison out of the equation, none of them is suited to be our #1, except Alisson.

Telles to psg
Werner to liverpool
Sancho to man utd

Might as well get the ban back
We will end up buying mediocre players again and be stuck in 4th place infinitely...rather we dont spend at all and stick it out with youth
0 killer instincts from the board

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

there were a SHEDLOAD of other options besides Kepa, ALL of them far cheaper (Oblak was the only one more expensive, and he turned us down flat after we met his monstrous £92m (at the time) release clause, which is now even higher, £105m)

I still think we give Kepa one more year, but I am not 100% sure on that, and we really, desperately need a better backup/competition if we keep him, like Sven Ulreich or Salvatore Sirigu or even Vicente Guaita

I would perhaps even go for (if they will come) Predrag Rajkovic or Ugurcan Cakir, who have WC potential, but will want to start I assume

Chilwell for £45-50m (not a pound more) I can live with, but we are foolish to not sell both Alonso and Emerson if at all possible and also buy Robin Gosens (if we do indeed foolishly miss out on Telles) as well (I doubt we do this though, I can see us rolling with Chilwell and Alonso, with alonso basically never to be sold for shit, as he is soon 30 (December this year) and will rapidly devalue, fucking Marina was a cunt to turn down £45m for him from RM in 2018)

Watch James Justin quickly become better than Chilwell is, lol, if Leicester do sell Chilwell and roll with Justin. It would be just our luck.

14 hours ago, Fernando said:

Problem with Telles is that he is a last pick. For many years no one went for him and now.....I don't know if we should be going for him at this time. Think the ship has sailed. 

lol at 'last pick' and we were STUPID to not buy him years ago

he is still only 27, but I do agree that this summer is it

the bloke is close to, if not at world class, has been for ages

21 goals (10 this year so far) and 52 assists in 3 and 2/3rds years (in Europe against sides like Mbappe's Monaco, Liverpool last year, RB Leipzig, etc), plus a couple goals) and a top 10 in the world corner kick taker (superb at free kicks as well)

the only LB's I rate over him atm (Jordi Alba and Alex Sandro are now too old to remotely consider buying, Alba especially, he is done asa top player, turns 32 this coming season and is a shadow of what he was 5 years back)

Andrew Robertson  (who is only 15 months younger than Telles, btw)  
then the 3 Bayern LB's
David Alaba    (playing at CB now, and he is soon 28, he is 6 months older than Telles)
Alphonso Davies  (my pick to be the best LB in the world within 2 or 3 years max)
Lucas Hernández (CB is his main position at Bayern)

Theo Hernández (my first choice to buy, unless Alaba comes cheap, which is highly doubtful)
Ben Chilwell  (£80m is insanity)  
José Gayà (only do to age v Telles) 

Alex Telles

rounding out my top LB's in terms of buyable ages

Ferland Mendy
Robin Gosens
Renan Lodi
Lucas Digne
Alejandro Grimaldo
Sergio Reguilón   
Luca Pellegrini

youth buy  Rayan Aït Nouri (turns 19 in June)

16 hours ago, King Kante said:

If you watched how we play under Conte you understand why drink water and bakayoko made sense that sense.