Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

You go in a time machine and get one of these players in their prime who are you taking for the current Chelsea team

Petr Cech 2005-2012 

John Terry 2005-2010 

Ashley Cole 2006-2012 

Eden Hazard 2012-2019 

Didier Drogba 2006-2010

22 minutes ago, Styl1994 said:

You go in a time machine and get one of these players in their prime who are you taking for the current Chelsea team

Petr Cech 2005-2012 

John Terry 2005-2010 

Ashley Cole 2006-2012 

Eden Hazard 2012-2019 

Didier Drogba 2006-2010

Toss up between Drogba and Ash.

1 hour ago, Styl1994 said:

Petr Cech 2005-2012 

John Terry 2005-2010 

Ashley Cole 2006-2012 

Eden Hazard 2012-2019 

Didier Drogba 2006-2010

I would go: 

Terry - Need the leadership on the pitch

Cech - I have no faith whatsoever in Kepa

Drogba - Need the goals

Hazard - As above 

Ash - Great player but there are alternative LB's out there that we can get for a reasonable fee and LB is not as important as the other positions above. 

14 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I would go: 

Terry - Need the leadership on the pitch

Cech - I have no faith whatsoever in Kepa

Drogba - Need the goals

Hazard - As above 

Ash - Great player but there are alternative LB's out there that we can get for a reasonable fee and LB is not as important as the other positions above. 

for once (not saying with you btw) I have to say that would be my exact order too

“Only three” Premier League clubs can spend money this summer

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/04/three-premier-league-clubs-can-spend-money-summer/

Only three of the 20 Premier League clubs will be able to spend money on transfer fees this summer, Sky Sports report tonight.

Their source is former Liverpool and Spurs director of football Damien Comolli, whose main role nowadays is being a source for transfer rumours, it seems.

He explained that this transfer window will be “very different” due to the coronavirus – you don’t have to be a director of football to know that – but he had the detail that only three clubs will actually be able to spend any money.

He probably means net spend – so teams will be buying, but only as much or less than they spend.

We think Chelsea are likely to be among those three clubs – they haven’t done any business for two windows, and they are independently backed by a billionaire.

If anyone is going to be able to take advantage of this unique situation, it’s going to be Chelsea.

snip

9 hours ago, Styl1994 said:

Petr Cech 2005-2012 

John Terry 2005-2010 

Ashley Cole 2006-2012 

Eden Hazard 2012-2019 

Didier Drogba 2006-2010

I use my time machine to mess with your post so I'm allowed to pick two of them, then take Eden & JT. :)

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

“Only three” Premier League clubs can spend money this summer

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/04/three-premier-league-clubs-can-spend-money-summer/

Only three of the 20 Premier League clubs will be able to spend money on transfer fees this summer, Sky Sports report tonight.

Their source is former Liverpool and Spurs director of football Damien Comolli, whose main role nowadays is being a source for transfer rumours, it seems.

He explained that this transfer window will be “very different” due to the coronavirus – you don’t have to be a director of football to know that – but he had the detail that only three clubs will actually be able to spend any money.

He probably means net spend – so teams will be buying, but only as much or less than they spend.

We think Chelsea are likely to be among those three clubs – they haven’t done any business for two windows, and they are independently backed by a billionaire.

If anyone is going to be able to take advantage of this unique situation, it’s going to be Chelsea.

snip

Taking out the window we could be the biggest benefactors of this given the strength of our youth system.

19 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Taking out the window we could be the biggest benefactors of this given the strength of our youth system.

Well yes, however it all depends on what happens with Pedro, Willian and Giroud and the market. For me, if they go and we cannot buy then we will be in serious trouble as the only players still out on loan that could possibly come in and take a position in the squad are all CM/DM's; Pasalic, Baka and Ampadu. That would leave us seriously short up front and goals are already our biggest problem. Lets hope there is still enough in the kitty to sort out another CF, AM and GK at the very least. 

Chelsea fans go nuts at Alex Telles transfer twist - and send this Leicester City message

Leicester City transfer news: Fans of the Stamford Bridge side have been reacting to a twist in their chase for Alex Telles and what it might mean for a Ben Chilwell transfer

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/alex-telles-chelsea-transfer-news-4059932

Chelsea fans aren't excited about the prospect of signing Leicester City's Ben Chilwell after their chase for Porto's Alex Telles took a twist.

Paris Saint-Germain are in for Brazilian Telles for around €25 million, according to reports, with the 10-goal left-back set to sign for the French champions.

Telles was linked with a move to Chelsea, with the 27-year-old available for a cut-price fee with his contract up at the Estadio do Dragao next summer.

But now he's set to snub Frank Lampard and sign for the Parc de Princes side, report Brazilian outlet Gauchazh, with Chilwell now a realistic target for Chelsea should they opt to sign a left-back in the summer.

Chilwell wouldn't come cheap though and City 's owners would hold out for a big fee having done the same with Ryiad Mahrez and Harry Maguires' moves to Manchester City and Man United respectively.

It's doubtful Chilwell would even move from the club he has grown up at as Brendan Rodgers ' side look on course to finish above Chelsea this season when it resumes from the coronavirus break.

Not that Chelsea's fans want them to sign Chilwell, anyway.

Here's what they've had to say on social media...

"If PSG sign Alex Telles for £25m & Chelsea sign Ben Chilwell for £60m I’m actually going to cry," one said.

"Chilwell 85m this summer smh," another added.

While a fourth said: "Watch us end up with Chilwell."

"And my club wants to sign Chilwell for a world record fee," another said.

"Knowing us we’ll spend 80+ million on Chilwell," said another.

"Chelsea about to get fleeced for Chilwell too," added a seventh.

"It'll be such a shame if we get Chilwell," another said.

"You want me to take this club seriously when we're letting Telles go for £25m," said another.

"Watch us end up with Alonslow for another session or try bargaining £70m for Chilwell now," a tenth added.

7 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

From what I’ve see so far I’m fairly certain our board won’t pay that ridiculous amount for Ben Bloody Chilwell. 

I am taking it that you're disregarding the transfers for Kepa, Bakayoko and Drinky.