Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

30 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I see so many say, 'but but, buy an established star CF'

well

there is just not that many viable buy CFs to choose from:

I agree. But in that case, letting go of Havertz is a strange move

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I understand with older players but going there in prime... 

Money is the main motivator for most modern footballers. This is just the beginning of what could become a shitstorm, unless something intervenes as in China.

Think people should only start getting concerned about the Saudi league when actual top talents at big clubs in their prime years decide to go there when they have offers from big European clubs. For now it’s all either mid 30’s stars who are after one last mega paycheck before retiring or players who have stagnated at big clubs (like Ziyech, Koulibaly etc) and don’t have top shelf offers in Europe.

When you start seeing players aged 22-28 starting to go there from massive clubs then we have a problem.

It’s a miracle. Saudi literally to the rescue. God I hope Lukaku goes there for a decent fee, what a turnaround that would be. My only other desire for his career is that we use him to serve food at Cobham and clean the toilets until his contract is up.

Feels like we’ll 100% be seeing some activity this coming week. Get KK, Mendy and Ziyech out the door before they or the Saudi’s change their minds. Jackson should be sealed this week and Nkunku should be officially announced if Fabrizio is to be believed.

Doubt we’ll be able to get Caicedo or some other midfielder in this week, though.

Now if only we could get someone to take Pulisic, RLC, and CHO off our books we’ll have cleared out nearly all of the deadwood. And we’ll have also cleared out some massive wages.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Now if only we could get someone to take Pulisic, RLC, and CHO off our books we’ll have cleared out nearly all of the deadwood. And we’ll have also cleared out some massive wages.

With just Madueke, Mudryk and Sterling we may keep Pulisic since we need 4 wingers. Depends where will Nkunku play. But definitely it will be beneficial to have him for USA pre season. 

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You never know CHO may stick around as backup winger (if both Pulisic & Ziyech are sold this summer), I don't see massive amounts of interest in him as he was pretty average for Leverkusen on loan. 

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

It’s a miracle. Saudi literally to the rescue. God I hope Lukaku goes there for a decent fee, what a turnaround that would be. My only other desire for his career is that we use him to serve food at Cobham and clean the toilets until his contract is up.

The best hope to get Lukaku off the books is to use him in some sort of swap deal with Inter Milan...win win, he gets to play for the club that he cares so much about and we get a useful player in return. 

We can’t get rid of all our English players if mount RLC and CHO all leave this window we are going to need to get players to replace them. We can’t just use u21 players otherwise we won’t be able to register some first team players.