Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

It will be a bit weird see havertz playing for them but we need cash and he has been with us for 3 years and never reach his potential... in spaces we saw great things but not good enough to keep him

he can go for me

the same with mount, tbh 

good player but I think he will never be good enough to challenge for a premierleague title 

we need better players and above that we need players that want to be here 

the players that wan't play for Chelsea they can go! 

16 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Gallagher and 25m for Caicedo seems fair. 

Perhaps, but there is no way that Chelsea don't split that agreement into two separate transactions. 

We can bank the Gallagher money as full profit for FFP, whilst spreading any fee for Caicedo over his contract length. 

Unless they allow the part exchange to be treated as two separate transactions for accounting purposes for FFP, if we just swapped Gallagher to bring the Caicedo fee down, the FFP benefits from that deal will be spread out over the next 5 years or so, instead of immediately.

6 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Perhaps, but there is no way that Chelsea don't split that agreement into two separate transactions. 

We can bank the Gallagher money as full profit for FFP, whilst spreading any fee for Caicedo over his contract length. 

Unless they allow the part exchange to be treated as two separate transactions for accounting purposes for FFP, if we just swapped Gallagher to bring the Caicedo fee down, the FFP benefits from that deal will be spread out over the next 5 years or so, instead of immediately.

We have tons of players we signed on long contracts that will be accounted in next years regarding FFP.  Since selling academy players is pure profit correct me if I'm wrong but it would be beneficial to sell them in multiple windows over the next years. We can make 300m profit now but what about next years when we have no one to sell? Mount, RLC and CHO will generate around 100m pure profit this summer. More than enough. Would be good to have Gallagher and Chalobah for example for next season. 

8 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

That is a concern for me, I rather want him to be a Matic where occupies the center and protect the back four, allow Enzo more freedom.

I think Enzo benefits more from a more box to box player so he can dictate the play from deep, ala Pirlo/Gattuso.

His main strength is how he controls games and gets the buildup moving quickly (11 succesful long passes a game on average under Potter/Bruno). Playing him further forward would totally negate that strength.