Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

28 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

Yet both of them are on the way out, mainly because of wages. We have to reward players with high wages not tempt them. If a player wants to come to Chelsea because of the wage package and not because the manager and the players around him we are doomed. Man U are the perfect example. We should offer respectable wage, but we don't have the revenue to be the biggest spenders. 

80k-120k is not high wages in this day and age- Kante is not on the way solely because of wages it's because he's a fucking cripple. As for Mount and the money offered and him rejecting it tells me he wants fuck all to do with the club. 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Of course we shouldn’t go crazy offering dudes 200-300k a week right off the bat, but apparently we’ve offered him midtable PL level wages. Probably a decent bump to what he’s earning currently but why would he choose a Chelsea side who are out of the UCL and who are offering half the weekly wage? He can go to PSG or United and probably earn huge money.

If anything, this should be the final summer where we DO offer huge wages in order to get us back into the top 4 ASAP. Then when we make it we step back a bit and trim the wage bill. 

We did that last summer, and look how that turned out. If the information below is correct, I'd say going to £100k would be fair, or walk away from the deal. Earning 5x your current wage should be enough considering his desire to join an EPL side instead of PSG.

If this was someone like Leao or Osimhen, I'd be more incline to agree with your thinking.

57 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Think he is currently on £20K/Week based on a little research online. 

Based on what Report_Portugal is saying we offered in terms of yearly net, its likely we are offering him £80K/Week gross. 

PSG are offering him £200K/Week gross.....

Edit: I'm going off the information here - Manuel Ugarte latest: Chelsea & PSG’s transfer offers, wage proposals, decision date - Absolute Chelsea

He's currently earning £25kpw, and we're offering him £143kpw~ (there's probably bonuses on top of that). Comparing us with the stupidity that happens in Paris is a non-starter (they are supposedly offering £358kpw). 

Edited by LAM09

Let's not forget the new contracts were supposed to be heavily relying on performance. It may as well be 80 base and another 120 in bonuses, difference in PSG he gets it just for showing up.

Everything shall be done in right proportions, but since we lack proper attitude and everyone here was crying to letting go of salarymen in our team, weeding out people who only care about money is right move, even if it means missing out on this month's Twitter's-sweetheart-new-world-beating talent. It's exactly what people wanted.

The "rebuilding" is also about getting players who really want to play for Chelsea or at least use us as a trampoline to Real.

1 hour ago, didi007 said:

It’s more like £40-50k a week

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

We did that last summer, and look how that turned out. If the information below is correct, I'd say going to £100k would be fair, or walk away from the deal. Earning 5x your current wage should be enough considering his desire to join an EPL side instead of PSG.

If this was someone like Leao or Osimhen, I'd be more incline to agree with your thinking.

Edit: I'm going off the information here - Manuel Ugarte latest: Chelsea & PSG’s transfer offers, wage proposals, decision date - Absolute Chelsea

He's currently earning £25kpw, and we're offering him £143kpw~ (there's probably bonuses on top of that). Comparing us with the stupidity that happens in Paris is a non-starter (they are supposedly offering £358kpw). 

I'm going off Record_Portugal report on his yearly net worth and considering England's 45% tax rate. 80kpw right now which will likely turn to 120-140kpw once we are in Champions League. 

Gonna be several fan favorite Chelsea players lacing them up for direct rivals this summer by the look of it. And perhaps I was wrong about us bringing in more than 1 new midfielder if RLC, Mount, and Kova are all sold within the first couple of weeks of the season ending. And Gallagher should really be following them.

If all of that happens then yes, we will absolutely need 2 coming in.

44 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Get the fuck outta our club.

We should make him train alone somewhere well away from any of our teams until Inter pay his book fee.

It's very important we send a clear message here after the way both parties behaved last summer.

Does feel kinda sad seeing us send basically our entire midfield over the last few years to direct PL rivals. First J5 and now soon Kova and Mount.

Jorginho has already been hugely upgraded with Enzo. I think Mount’s skill set and production can be easily replaced by any number of players we already have in our books. But Kova is pretty unique when he’s in form. I’ll be saddest selling him out of any of them.