Vesper 30,237 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 31 minutes ago, Special Juan said: He's done an Odenwingie QPR forced to lock Peter Odemwingie out of Loftus Road after West Brom refuse to give striker permission to speak to club https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/qpr-forced-to-lock-peter-odemwingie-out-of-loftus-road-after-west-brom-refuse-to-give-striker-permission-to-speak-to-club-8476046.html Confusion surrounded the future of West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie tonight as he arrived in London for talks with QPR, only for his club to deny giving him permission to do so. Rangers boss Harry Redknapp earlier spoke of his interest in the wantaway Nigerian, and when the player was interviewed in London speaking of his excitement about a move, it looked as though a deal was on. But West Brom reacted quickly by releasing a statement which read: "Albion have moved to clarify developments regarding Peter Odemwingie after the striker was filmed a short while ago arriving at Loftus Road. "The club can confirm they have held further discussions with QPR today but those talks have so far proven fruitless and no agreement has been reached. "Albion would also like to make clear that Peter has not been given permission to speak to QPR about a potential move." Albion's words came just minutes after Sky Sports News interviewed the 31-year-old as he drove into London. Sky Sports News then reported that QPR locked Odemwingie out of Loftus Road to ensure they did not break any rules concerning transfers. The striker has been critical of West Brom on Twitter over recent weeks but he tonight gave a nod to that being in the past, saying: "It's fine. West Brom was my home but this is a new chapter. I love West Brom and always will. "I am optimistic. A few good players have arrived here (at QPR) and I am happy with the trust Harry Redknapp has in me. "The last few results have given us a chance to stay up. I don't think the owners will bring in so many players if they don't think it will happen. "I hope West Brom are happy with what they will get and they hope to get players themselves." While Odemwingie was in front of the cameras, Redknapp was giving an interview to London Call-In, during which he confirmed his interest in Odemwingie, Jermaine Jenas and Andros Townsend. "Peter Odemwingie has pace, great movement," Redknapp said. "I like him and is a player that has always given us problems when I was at Tottenham "I think if we can get Odemwingie he would be a great signing for us, but whether we can pull it off I am not sure." The acquisition of Jenas looks like being an easier one for Redknapp, with the Tottenham midfielder also turning up at Loftus Road ahead of what he expects to be an 18-month deal. He told reporters: "That's initially. I am fit and ready to go, it's a top club and I am confident the manager can make sure the club stays up. I know Harry well, spent a lot of time with him at Tottenham and know him well enough. "It's a top club, has some good players and not in that bad a position. They're four points off safety and can definitely claw that back." Earlier in the day, Rangers broke their club transfer record when they signed Christopher Samba from Anzhi Makhachkala after triggering a release clause believed to be more than £10million. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
YorkshireBlue 3,285 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 If this was dead, we would surely know by now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Superblue 6,372 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said: Will be a meltdown on here if it doesn’t happen for whatever reason and somebody else goes and signs Enzo in the summer 😂 I think this transfer this month has been built up as its now or never (as in January only) and I would totally agree that it’s that sense. We 100% won’t get a clean run at him in the summer and will be outside the CL spots undoubtedly so I don’t think he will move here come the summer. We better hope there is a plan B, and has Jorginho officially moved to Arsenal or not? Surely though he must look at our current predicament and assume that it is likely we won't be in the Champions League next season anyway, so I'm not sure if it's as big a problem as some people think it is. All the players that have recently joined have spoken about being sold on the long term project here, and I would say the proof is there by being able to get a number of highly rated younger players signing very long deals at the club to tie them down here long term. I assume that the club has spoken to Enzo, whether directly or indirectly and sold him on something similar. Now I agree, whether we get a free run in the summer will be debatable, although the numbers in question limit just how many clubs would be looking at him and there's also the likes of Bellingham potentially on the move in the summer too whom top clubs will be eyeing. But I don't see a situation where he'd be willing to come here now, but unwilling in the summer just because we're not in the Champions League for a season. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 30,237 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 4 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said: If this was dead, we would surely know by now. as I posted before Enzo Fernández will remain at Benfica https://www.rtp.pt/noticias/benfica/enzo-fernandez-vai-continuar-no-benfica_d1463956 The Argentine footballer will continue to play for Benfica, according to RTP. Chelsea did not satisfy the financial demands demanded by the reds . Benfica demanded immediate payment of the termination clause, the English paid the 120 million but in several installments. The president of the incarnates Rui Costa proved to be intransigent . It is at this point very unlikely that Chelsea will pay the clause under the conditions required by Benfica. The transfer market closes at midnight and until that moment anything can happen, but a source related to the transfer assured RTP that Enzo will remain at Benfica . The player is away from the team, does not line up tonight and has shown that he does not have the psychological conditions to play against Arouca. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
YorkshireBlue 3,285 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 5 minutes ago, Vesper said: as I posted before Enzo Fernández will remain at Benfica https://www.rtp.pt/noticias/benfica/enzo-fernandez-vai-continuar-no-benfica_d1463956 The Argentine footballer will continue to play for Benfica, according to RTP. Chelsea did not satisfy the financial demands demanded by the reds . Benfica demanded immediate payment of the termination clause, the English paid the 120 million but in several installments. The president of the incarnates Rui Costa proved to be intransigent . It is at this point very unlikely that Chelsea will pay the clause under the conditions required by Benfica. The transfer market closes at midnight and until that moment anything can happen, but a source related to the transfer assured RTP that Enzo will remain at Benfica . The player is away from the team, does not line up tonight and has shown that he does not have the psychological conditions to play against Arouca. Nothing from anybody eles Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DDA 9,957 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 Why would our owner and Co even persue a deal if they demanded ghe release clause with no wiggle room.? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 30,237 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 2 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said: Nothing from anybody eles I am not 100% saying it is dead, but when the number one most reputable source in the nation, their BBC if you will, makes a pretty definitive statement like that well, the fat lady is getting warmed up Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sovieticus 743 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 Costa19 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 30,237 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 6 minutes ago, DDA said: Why would our owner and Co even persue a deal if they demanded ghe release clause with no wiggle room.? there must be more than meets the eye is all I can think Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Special Juan 28,156 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 Still firmly on this. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fulham Broadway 17,338 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 Scared of FFP. Just pay what they fucking want and then make up excuses or pay bribes about FFP later, like Man City, Real Madrid do Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 30,237 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 crazy that we are turning down 45 to 50m quid from NUFC for Gallagher when that sale (due to knock-on amortisation multiyear effects as explained by others before) would make it possible for use to close out Enzo Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
YorkshireBlue 3,285 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 9 minutes ago, Vesper said: I am not 100% saying it is dead, but when the number one most reputable source in the nation, their BBC if you will, makes a pretty definitive statement like that well, the fat lady is getting warmed up The BBC is a robbing set of cunts, lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Special Juan 28,156 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 Talks are now between TB, Egbhali and and Rui Costa- the owners are now fully engaged Vesper and cfccrost 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 30,237 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 1 minute ago, YorkshireBlue said: The BBC is a robbing set of cunts, lol they pale in comparison to Tory scum and fucking Leave rotters Fulham Broadway 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheHulk 2,493 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 Don't trust him. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
OhForAGreavsie 6,082 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 33 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said: Exactly OFAG - there's no way if the situation was reversed they'd let him come to us- especially at 12m. Case in point: CFCW put in a bid for an Arsenal player last week and the player asked for permission to speak to us. Arsenal would have been crazy to allow her to move and to their main rival for the WSL title, and one of their main rivals for the Champions League, so it was no surprise when they smacked the bid down instantly. What is more they made it crystal clear that the deal would never happen. Fulham Broadway 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ZAPHOD2319 4,822 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 Fulham Broadway 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 30,237 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 oh, THIS can fuck right off (doubt it is true) he is rubbish, 2 goals in 56 games the past 2 seasons https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/Chelsea-transfer-news-blues-have-just-made-move-for-set-piece-specialist-compared-with-david-beckham/ Chelsea have reportedly just made a move to try sign Bayern Munich’s Marcel Sabitzer on transfer deadline day. Speaking on Sky Sports this afternoon, German reporter Uli Koehler has claimed that Chelsea and Manchester United have made late moves in this window for Sabitzer. It is understood that the Blues, along with Man United, have made an offer to sign the 28-year-old midfielder. Apparently, there’s conversations ongoing with Bayern Munich’s sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic about a potential deal. Koehler told Sky Sports: “I’ve just got a call that here behind me at the building is Hasan Salihamidzic having his phone in his hand and talking to Chelsea and Manchester United about a deal for Marcel Sabitzer. He has an offer from both clubs. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Magic Lamps 11,692 Posted January 31, 2023 Share Posted January 31, 2023 3 minutes ago, TheHulk said: Don't trust him. Yeah ofc fabrizio keeps beating a dead horse to maintain attention if the bbc of Portugal have confirmed him staying, he most probably will. Exactly bc public TV is a scam legally defrauding millions of ppl they have to be reliable otherwise even more questions will be raised about their legitimacy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.