Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

I think that is what Poch wants. Hungry, fighting athletes that run for their team - and I support that. Stop with that pseudo fancy "ballers" a la Ziyech, Havertz and co. 

Exactly! Talent alone isn't enough to be competitive, and it's been that way for some time.

I'd rather have 11 Azpi's than 11 Neymar's any day of the week.

26 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Is he seen as a midfielder tho? At Ajax, he mostly played as right winger or center forward. 

I’d say so. One who plays with a solid base of two CM’s behind him. From all the highlights I’ve just watched he does almost all of his damage in the #10 area but is versatile enough to move all around the forward spots.

With Madueke and Sterling here I doubt we’d be targeting Kudus or any other AM to play on the right. And I assume Mudryk and Nkunku are the left sided options.

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’d say so. One who plays with a solid base of two CM’s behind him. From all the highlights I’ve just watched he does almost all of his damage in the #10 area but is versatile enough to move all around the forward spots.

With Madueke and Sterling here I doubt we’d be targeting Kudus or any other AM to play on the right. And I assume Mudryk and Nkunku are the left sided options.

he will probably will play in several positions

I think its a player to add deep to our attack in all positions 

Wow, from Cherki rumours to Kudus rumours, massively different players. Kudus has an incredible non-penalty xG but shit xAG, while Cherki is the complete opposite with an incredible xAG and shit non-penalty xG. Kudus makes very few progressive carries or passes while Cherki makes an absolute shit load. Confusing fmpov to go from one option to the other - perhaps it is as a result of preseason feedback from Poch or watching the players in USA by PW and LS?

I imagine both are being considered mostly to play as 10, much cheaper options than Felix, and good rotation for Nkunku who (depending on Jackson's form and fitness) may have to play as a 9. I think I'm keen. Squad could use him imo, tenacious / clever pressing, really feels like a Poch player whereas Cherki feels absolutely nothing like a Poch player.

Edited by Mhsc

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I rate Kudus over Cherki

I don’t want Cherki here at all, risk of being a broken record here but he has a lot of red flags and for me he needs to break through somewhere else (or stay where he is) and establish himself, show he can either put out the numbers (goals + assists) to make up for his lazy ass bad attitude or he can learn some work ethic and start putting in the miles and the graft for his team and add that to his current output. Just way too early for me, if we signed him it probably should be to loan him ffs.

Kudus is a different matter, just obviously a useful addition to the squad and Pochs approach. Probably be in serious contention to start vs Liverpool if we got him.