Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

take solace I am not blaming her at all, zero blame, for De Bruyne leaving with no buyback, lolol

It's well known that KDB refused a) to go on loan again and b) to accept a binding buyback. Reports vary as to whether there was a sell on clause in the deal which took him to Wolfsburg .

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Based on what I’ve seen and read from French supporters, he’ll get eaten alive in this league. Not sure why we can’t recall Colwill and asses in the summer. 

Enzo didn’t just help Argentina win the WC, he completely transformed their midfield. They played with so much more fluidity and were also strong defensively. He’s doing the same thing at Benfica as well. 

Don't get me wrong, Enzo is a very good young midfielder but I don't think he transforms our current midfield setup for the price we would have to pay. 

11 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Are we actually linked with a new RB? Like solid links? Because Reece's recurring injury is a concern.

Still a few days till the window opens. I would expect azpi to play against forest in any case. There isn't enough time to buy a rb and have them settle, unless we throw them in at the deep end.

17 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Don't get me wrong, Enzo is a very good young midfielder but I don't think he transforms our current midfield setup for the price we would have to pay. 

If he's a good dm and doesn't have the occasional brainfart like jorginho then I think he does. We can play 433 or 4231 or 4222 or any other formation with 4 defenders as we don't have to pander to jorginhos lack of defensive ability. Put another dm hybrid like kone or caicedo next to him and suddenly we are defensively sound again and teams won't cut through our midfield like a hot knife through butter.

28 minutes ago, Vesper said:

take solace I am not blaming her at all, zero blame, for De Bruyne leaving with no buyback, lolol

she had nowhere near the power then, was not involved anywhere in that area

She was at fault for rudi and christensen leaving for sure though. Any other team would've had those contract negotiations wrapped up or sold them 2 seasons before the contract ends. The problem was Roman had no problem with spending on replacements, but the actual problem was it happened in a window with no quality CBs availible. 

She had little to no sporting knowledge which is why Lukaku was signed and for such a high price. At the end of the day she was just a business woman (albeit very good at negotiations) but failed in the sporting aspect sometimes. Its good to have females in these roles though, it brings good PR for the club, like when we had Eva Carneiro (only reason I hate mourinho is for calling her a b*tch for doing her job) running onto the pitch every week.

apparently the extra money (above the €120m release clause, which is actually a buyout clause) for Enzo is to cover his tax liability

as he has to trigger the clause, the club then gives him the money legally to buy out his contract

see this (it talks about Spain, but Portugal apparently has similar laws)

https://anfieldindex.com/8967/clause-what-clause-luis-suarez-story.html

Despite what popular media tells us, there is a difference between the two. Buy-out clauses are included in every contract in Spain. These clauses are peculiar in that it is the player (the party to that contract) that has to pay the fee. This means that a club will have to transfer the funds to the player who will then have to buy out his contract. In doing so the player incurs extra tax liability making an already complex transfer more expensive for the buying club.

Those prices are mad, mind-boggling what happened to football economy.

Don't want to be pessimistic, but looks like it goes much easier to Pool or City to make an impactful move for peanuts, whereas we will be after 4-5 100 million + players and there's no guarantee it will overhaul us, let alone we've overpaid for pretty much everyone in the previous window.

9 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

O Jogo say he may even not be involved Friday v Braga.  If that is the case, Benfica are probably wanting to accept, or about to...

Is he even back in training? Kova and Ziyech aren't back until today either

I don’t doubt at all that we’re very interested in Enzo Fernandez like every other big club is. But it’s most likely as a Declan Rice alternative for the summer.

We already have so many CM’s that several of them regularly go huge stretches without even seeing the pitch. And that’s with Kante not even playing this season. Gallagher, Chukwameka, Zakaria, and RLC may as well not even suit up every weekend if we buy another midfielder in January because they’d never play.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d take him in a heartbeat, but CM is our most overloaded position in the squad as it is. Our priority for this window needs to be a RB and if possible a goal scorer who can hit the ground running.