Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

It's no wonder why this forum isn't as good as it once was.... the negativity is borderline embarrassing.

I'd argue the positivenes is borderline embarrassing in the last few years regarding us. People would gladly close their eyes and pretend Lukaku, Olmo, Rice, Koulibaly and others are world class plauers instead of admitting they are mediocre football players who combined have zero chance of taking us to the top. All our hope resides in some youngsters we bought and hope they turn good because for certain Rice and Olmo won't.

14 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

I'd argue the positivenes is borderline embarrassing in the last few years regarding us. People would gladly close their eyes and pretend Lukaku, Olmo, Rice, Koulibaly and others are world class plauers instead of admitting they are mediocre football players who combined have zero chance of taking us to the top. All our hope resides in some youngsters we bought and hope they turn good because for certain Rice and Olmo won't.

Guardiola would not stand for this shite. Koulibaly would've been out of the team from his first game. He would've demanded power over transfers or left unlike yes man potter. 

1 minute ago, Hashishi said:

Guardiola would not stand for this shite. Koulibaly would've been out of the team from his first game. He would've demanded power over transfers or left unlike yes man potter. 

This or maybe Potter wants these mediocre players and is bad in the transfermarket. The big issue is moving these players on when they inevitably fail.

I read rumours about us wanting to get rid of Koulibaly already, good luck doing that after we gave him a long contract on big wages. I reckon Romelu will still be on the books 2 years from now as well.

This club is getting assassinated in front of our eyes with all these big long contracts on all kind of average players. At some point the owner won't be able to buy anyone even if he is willing to keep spending because we won't be able to shift the deadwood.

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

@TheHulkhello Bert @Hashishi hello Ernie, didn't realise you too Muppets were Chelsea fans.

Very original. Did you come up with that all by yourself? I can see you're one of the fans who would be ecstatic to be a top10 team. All of you will be calling for his head when potter leads us to 3 successive 9th place finishes.

16 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Very original. Did you come up with that all by yourself? I can see you're one of the fans who would be ecstatic to be a top10 team. All of you will be calling for his head when potter leads us to 3 successive 9th place finishes.

who do you want as our manager?

and NO, Tuchel is not an option, he is not coming back and we were playing dreadful football under him at the end

we have (minus the final piece, a sporting director) a whole new, top class management team in place, and are going to a multi-club level

I highly doubt we will do several stupid buys like we did in the chaos after Roman was forced out and Boehly had to wing it

2 hours ago, DDA said:

It's no wonder why this forum isn't as good as it once was.... the negativity is borderline embarrassing.

Yes, this forum was great place once. But that has not gone because of negativity, but because of dreadful way this club was managed. People mostly could criticize and write negative things and got tired of doing so. I said prior Lukaku signing we are getting  midtable status. We will be top ten club in the rang of West ham, Aston Villa and Everton without relegation battles hopefully. I am not being negative, I am realistic. We may be run as Borussia Dortmund without farmers league. Once we accept that, we will be able to look forward to every game and every point and negativity will hopefully  be reduced.

Edited by laura90

1 minute ago, laura90 said:

Yes, this forum was great place once. But that has not gone because of negativity, but because of dreadful way this club was managed. People mostly could criticize and write negative things and got tired of doing so. I said prior Lukaku signing we are getting  midtable status. We will be top ten club in the rang of West ham, Aston Villa and Everton without relegation battles hopefully. I am not being negative, I am realistic. We may be run as Borissia Dortmund without farmers league. Once we accept that, we will be able to look forward to every game and every point and negativity will hopefully  be reduced.

I do not believe this for a second.

25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

and NO, Tuchel is not an option, he is not coming back and we were playing dreadful football under him at the end

we have (minus the final piece, a sporting director) a whole new, top class management team in place, and are going to a multi-club level

I highly doubt we will do several stupid buys like we did in the chaos after Roman was forced out and Boehly had to wing it

We're strongly linked to Badiashile and Rice, so yeah several more stupid buys are likely. Nkunku might be the odd one, think he will be a star.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

https://www.squawka.com/en/outright-markets/top-10-best-out-of-work-managers/

According to this article on squawka, best free agent managers atm are:

1.Zidane (questionable whether he should be top of the list)

2. Tuchel

3. Poch (please no)

4. Bielsa (my absolute favourite manager of all time, maybe apart from mourinho)

5. Benitez (wouldn't be popular here)

6. Lopetgui (now at wolves)

7. AVB (tried and the shoe doesn't fit)

8.Quique Setien

9. Sean ducking Dyche 

10. Javi Garcia

Honourable mentions from a quick scan of transfrmarket: Luis Enrique, Roberto martinez, Joachim Low, Jurgen Klinsmann, Roy Hodgson, Gio Van Bronkhorst, Steven Gerrard ( please god no), Di matteo ( god bless his soul for our first CL), Andrey Shevchenko and Henk Ten Cate( LOL)

We should not have sacked tuchel. End of. That was a mistake. The dreadful football was down to the mediocre players not the manager at the end of the day. There was no synergy between the players because half our team was new. We should've stuck with him like arsenal stuck with arteta. Arteta is half the manager tuchel is and potter is a quarter. Tuchel should've been given time and resources to transition the team to 433. 

To answer your question though, I would've gone for bielsa. He managed to implement an amazing style of play at LEEDS. With Bamford leading the line!! Imagine what he could've done with our resources. Even guardiola sings praises for him.

Edited by Hashishi

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

We're strongly linked to Badiashile and Rice, so yeah several more stupid buys are likely. Nkunku might be the odd one, think he will be a star.

we have been linked to Rice for years

Badiashile to this level of linkage is new

I think (as Gvardiol is not leaving this summer barring some insane £130m or more bid, so why would RB take £100m or 105m now when they will bet close to £100m in 2024 with his €110m release clause which kicks in then?) that the smart play is to lock up Evan N'Dicka on a free THIS summer (or even see if we can pull him in January for a small fee)

BUT we will have to scupper Arsenal, as they have already agreed to terms with him

we also should REALLY be trying for Skriniar, another freebie in June 2023 (it so far looks like he is not going to renew with Inter)

we will be fighting at least PSG, plus others there, but if we go all in now, we could lock it up, and we have a real piece of bait: Koulibaly, who Inter still rate a lot

THEN, we trying in 2024 to pull Gvardiol (hopefully we have CL to offer for the 2024/25 season)

The main problem with him will be Real Madrid and Citeh

Piero Hincapie is in the left-footed CB mix as well, as is Gonçalo Inácio

these are the top valuation CBs

c189f86903e13ad2b8188b4054dea566.pngd60d9580ddae6c33372f5e3e9d7f5ec9.png

Gvardiol in 2024 and then Skriniar, Pau Torres (hell no) Timber (not sold on him and he is short) and Badiashile now are the only ones available, and we are in for them

zero chance Bastoni leaves if/when Skriniar does and ATM Skriniar is a better CB IMHO, Bastoni has stalled out a bit, and is not the paciest, and makes positional errors at times

there seems to be this huge myth (and not just with CBs) that there are all these available WC players that we are just ignoring

it just isn't true

the main one I wish he had been successful with (we tried hard but he loves Barca) is Ronald Araújo

WE pulled out of the deal for Kounde (thank fuck), and injury or not, Fofana was a top ranked CB, still is (for now, let's all hope he truly recovers)

Marquinhos, de Ligt (not sold on him) and Kimpembe (no chance he is leaving PSG and after this summer he is too old to buy for big cash, as in 2024 we would be buying a player who will only give us ONE sub 30yo season) all said nope

ranking 26 to 60 for CBs, only the following are available  

José María Giménez (always injured)
Aymeric Laporte (he turns 30yo at the end of next season)
Min-jae Kim  (poison dwarf time and not sold on him atm)
Robin Le Normand 
Evan Ndicka 
 left footer
Edmond Tapsoba   not sold on him atm 
Mohamed Simakan 
Piero Hincapié 
left footer
Gonçalo Inácio   left footer
Merih Demiral (knee inflammation injury atm)

same names as I have been saying for ages

Edited by Vesper

1 hour ago, Hashishi said:

1.Zidane (questionable whether he should be top of the list)

2. Tuchel

3. Poch (please no)

4. Bielsa (my absolute favourite manager of all time, maybe apart from mourinho)

5. Benitez (wouldn't be popular here)

6. Lopetgui (now at wolves)

7. AVB (tried and the shoe doesn't fit)

8.Quique Setien

9. Sean ducking Dyche 

10. Javi Garcia

Poch would be the only viable one

ZZ will likely never be a manager in the UK, he doesn't speak English well at all and has said he doesn't want to learn it, nor manage in the UK

the rest are retreads

Bielsa?????? HELL NO

as for these

1 hour ago, Hashishi said:

Luis Enrique, Roberto martinez, Joachim Low, Jurgen Klinsmann, Roy Hodgson, Gio Van Bronkhorst, Steven Gerrard ( please god no), Di matteo ( god bless his soul for our first CL), Andrey Shevchenko and Henk Ten Cate( LOL)

Roy the fossil????

of the rest

Enrique is overrated IMHO (but not a disaster), so is Martinez 

maybe Löw

Tuchel had to go, he was fighting with the owners and playing dreadful football

I loved him as a manager, but this is Chelsea

we chop heads

Potter will be chopped eventually

I rate

Julian Nagelsmann (if he is sacked at Bayern, which is unlikely atm, he has only lost one league game all season and won his CL group with ease) He was my number one choice here for ages

Lionel Scaloni

Diego Simeone (but a bad fit for us I wager)

plus

2 Danes

Kasper Hjulmand

Thomas Frank

plus

Abel Ferreira (I posted about him when he was still at a smaller Portuguese club (Braga), he went on to win back to back Copa Libertadores with Palmeiras)

Zlatko Dalic 

Roger Schmidt (Benfica)

Stefano Pioli

Christian Streich (Freiburg, 2nd in the table)

Franck Haise (Lens, 2nd in the table)

Gian Piero Gasperini (Atalanta)

Oliver Glasner (Eintracht Frankfurt)

Régis Le Bris (Lorient)

Hansi Flick

Urs Fischer (Union Berlin)

Sérgio Conceição (Porto)

Philippe Clement (Monaco)

and one to watch

Karel Geraerts (Royale Union Saint-Gilloise)

Newcastle United considering Romelu Lukaku move

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2022/12/25/newcastle-united-considering-romelu-lukaku-move/

Newcastle United are reportedly planning to launch a shock bid for the out-of-favour striker Romelu Lukaku, who flopped for Belgium at the World Cup.

According to Italian outlet Calciomercato, Newcastle United are plotting an ambitious approach for Chelsea flop Romelu Lukaku next summer. However, the report adds that any prospective move for the Belgian hinges on Newcastle finishing in the top four this season.

Lukaku originally joined Chelsea from Anderlecht back in 2011 and had promising loan spells with West Bromwich Albion and Everton before joining the latter in a permanent move in July 2014.

A high-profile switch to Old Trafford three years later proved disappointing for the Belgian striker, but he rediscovered his shooting boots in Serie A after joining Inter for around £70 million in the summer of 2019.

An impressive output of 64 goals in 95 appearances not only helped Inter land their first Serie A title in over a decade but he was being regarded as one of, if not, the world’s best strikers during that period before he moved back to Chelsea for in a reported £97.5 million deal in August 2021.

And although he scored 15 goals in 44 appearances, the Belgian striker endured a tough time and largely struggled to make a serious impact during his second spell at Stamford Bridge. He subsequently returned to Inter in the summer on a season-long loan deal, with niggling injury issues and a lack of fitness limiting his minutes.

Off the back of a calamitous World Cup outing against Croatia that saw Belgium crash out of the tournament in the group stages itself, Lukaku is desperate to return to being a star man for Inter in the second half of the season to boost his chances of securing a permanent exit from Stamford Bridge next summer. And Newcastle United have now emerged as a possible option.

Newcastle looked a little under-strength upfront earlier this season, with new boy Alexander Isak, Callum Wilson, and Allan Saint-Maximin all picking up muscle injuries at various points, but Howe will soon have a multitude of options battling it out for only three starting slots in his favoured 4-3-3 formation.

Add to that an in-form Miguel Almiron, and Joelinton also competing for wing position, the Magpies have wealth of attacking options these days. While Howe could benefit from adding another versatile striking option, signing a 29-year-old out-of-sorts striker, Lukaku, on massive wages is exactly the polar opposite of the canny recruitment they have carried out as of yet.

His failure in Qatar with Belgium perfectly epitomizes all of Lukaku’s limitations as a target man. He looked exhausted and he no longer has the power or durability of his prime years.

The Inter Milan striker’s first touch has been publicly criticized for being a letdown, affecting his link-up play, which is crucial for Eddie Howe’s system. Furthermore, adding another out-and-out striker could hinder club-record signing Isak’s progress at St James’ Park.

While there’s no denying a confident and motivated Lukaku can well resurrect his flailing career, Newcastle would do well to dodge this expensive bullet, especially now that they are under the close watch of FFP following their splashing in the last two windows. To that end, 25-year-old Borussia Monchengladbach and France attacker Marcus Thuram would be the perfect low-cost versatile striker option.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Newcastle United considering Romelu Lukaku move

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2022/12/25/newcastle-united-considering-romelu-lukaku-move/

Newcastle United are reportedly planning to launch a shock bid for the out-of-favour striker Romelu Lukaku, who flopped for Belgium at the World Cup.

According to Italian outlet Calciomercato, Newcastle United are plotting an ambitious approach for Chelsea flop Romelu Lukaku next summer. However, the report adds that any prospective move for the Belgian hinges on Newcastle finishing in the top four this season.

Lukaku originally joined Chelsea from Anderlecht back in 2011 and had promising loan spells with West Bromwich Albion and Everton before joining the latter in a permanent move in July 2014.

A high-profile switch to Old Trafford three years later proved disappointing for the Belgian striker, but he rediscovered his shooting boots in Serie A after joining Inter for around £70 million in the summer of 2019.

An impressive output of 64 goals in 95 appearances not only helped Inter land their first Serie A title in over a decade but he was being regarded as one of, if not, the world’s best strikers during that period before he moved back to Chelsea for in a reported £97.5 million deal in August 2021.

And although he scored 15 goals in 44 appearances, the Belgian striker endured a tough time and largely struggled to make a serious impact during his second spell at Stamford Bridge. He subsequently returned to Inter in the summer on a season-long loan deal, with niggling injury issues and a lack of fitness limiting his minutes.

Off the back of a calamitous World Cup outing against Croatia that saw Belgium crash out of the tournament in the group stages itself, Lukaku is desperate to return to being a star man for Inter in the second half of the season to boost his chances of securing a permanent exit from Stamford Bridge next summer. And Newcastle United have now emerged as a possible option.

Newcastle looked a little under-strength upfront earlier this season, with new boy Alexander Isak, Callum Wilson, and Allan Saint-Maximin all picking up muscle injuries at various points, but Howe will soon have a multitude of options battling it out for only three starting slots in his favoured 4-3-3 formation.

Add to that an in-form Miguel Almiron, and Joelinton also competing for wing position, the Magpies have wealth of attacking options these days. While Howe could benefit from adding another versatile striking option, signing a 29-year-old out-of-sorts striker, Lukaku, on massive wages is exactly the polar opposite of the canny recruitment they have carried out as of yet.

His failure in Qatar with Belgium perfectly epitomizes all of Lukaku’s limitations as a target man. He looked exhausted and he no longer has the power or durability of his prime years.

The Inter Milan striker’s first touch has been publicly criticized for being a letdown, affecting his link-up play, which is crucial for Eddie Howe’s system. Furthermore, adding another out-and-out striker could hinder club-record signing Isak’s progress at St James’ Park.

While there’s no denying a confident and motivated Lukaku can well resurrect his flailing career, Newcastle would do well to dodge this expensive bullet, especially now that they are under the close watch of FFP following their splashing in the last two windows. To that end, 25-year-old Borussia Monchengladbach and France attacker Marcus Thuram would be the perfect low-cost versatile striker option.

Callum Wilson is better than him. I don't see why they would want him. We're going to have such a problem unloading this piece of crap.