Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

We will not get mbappe, am going to try out this as nice as I can, we are not a top tier team, yes we won the league a few times and the CL but if any of you think we can compete with , Barca RM PSG BM juve MUFC, then you kidding yourself! Man city will beat us to players and in the next few years Newcastle will also beat us to players.

We've beaten United to many players in the past.

7 hours ago, Jype said:

Were they really?

Since the Calciopoli there was only maybe a few year period (around 2015-2019) when Juve's pull was at it's highest point and at that time they were definitely ahead of us. Anytime between 2006-2014 absolutely no chance the majority of players would have chosen Juve ahead of Chelsea and lately their aura of success has been on a steady decline once again, way before all this dodgy financial stuff that's been doing the rounds in the last couple of months. 

They had a really good period of success when the rest of the Serie A were at their lowest which, for a while at least, increased their pulling power but I definitely wouldn't put them in the same category as RM, Barca and Bayern. For all their domestic success Juve haven't even won the UCL in almost 30 years ffs. 

Juve have the worst record  in EC/CL finals

9 finals, only 2 wins, 1985 and 1996.

Benfica is the only other fail team close to them

7 finals, only 2 wins

Atletico Madrid are horrid too

3 finals, zero wins

Only other teams with multiple finals and no wins are Reims and Valencia, 2 finals no wins for each.

If Bayern lose another final, they will only have 6 wins, 6 losses from 12 finals.

Until Pessi came, Barca only had only one win (1992) in 4 finals.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Anyone know anything about this player?

Combine this with Zakaryan and I must admit I'm delighted to see us looking to be more proactive when it comes to identifying and buying players much earlier.

1 hour ago, Superblue said:

Combine this with Zakaryan and I must admit I'm delighted to see us looking to be more proactive when it comes to identifying and buying players much earlier.

6 hours ago, Superblue said:

We are stockpiling again. Have to see if any signings come off yet

Fabrizio Romano's Daily Briefing

BREAKING: Cristiano Ronaldo receives CRAZY €200m per season offer - details on club, length of contract, and more

https://caughtoffside.substack.com/p/breaking-cristiano-ronaldo-receives

Cristiano Ronaldo is available on a free transfer, something really incredible on the market. Bayern Munich stated in the last 24 hours that they would not be signing Ronaldo. Newcastle are also not planning on going for Ronaldo, so we have to see what happens.

Ronaldo is 100% focused on the World Cup with Portugal.

But, things are happening behind the scenes with the situation of Ronaldo and his agent Jorge Mendes. I can now confirm what has been reported that Al Nassr have made a crazy proposal to sign Ronaldo.

The proposal is a concrete, written offer until June 2025. Two and a half year deal for Ronaldo is going to be discussed. It’s now up to Ronaldo to decide the potential length of the contract.

It’s true, the proposal is around €200m per season. This is not a new proposal. Al Nassr made an important bid for Ronaldo during the summer transfer window, but he refused the offer. They were interested before his contract was terminated with Manchester United.

Now, Al Nassr are back, with Ronaldo now a free agent. The offer isn’t just offering him a salary of €200m a year. Part of this offer is sponsors, merchandise agreements etc.

It is not yet a done deal or agreed by Ronaldo as I’m told that people close to the 37-year-old are trying to understand the full details around the sponsorship and image rights.

Ronaldo isn’t just a fantastic player but he has many contracts outside of football so his lawyers are weighing up whether everything matches together. Ronaldo will discuss this proposal after the World Cup and decide once the tournament is over.

It’s also important to see if a European or Champions League club join the race to try and hijack the deal.

But yes, Al Nassr want Ronaldo and they know they have a chance after offering a crazy proposal. We will now wait to hear about Ronaldo’s decision.