Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I hope we get the best from him. Seems like a nice guy that is very happy to be with the club.

as long as he is fully recovered, I think he has monster potential

before he was injured he was one of the top trad destroyer type DMF's on the planet

obviously he probably doesn't have the multi-skilled toolkit that a Rice or Tchou or Kimmich has (or a Kouadio Koné)

but in terms of a physical roadblock, he was right up there

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

as long as he is fully recovered, I think he has monster potential

before he was injured he was one of the top trad destroyer type DMF's on the planet

obviously he probably doesn't have the multi-skilled toolkit that a Rice or Tchou or Kimmich has (or a Kouadio Koné)

but in terms of a physical roadblock, he was right up there

A roadblock is exactly what we need ATM. As long as he can win the ball back and pass it quickly, he should be a monster here.

I see that along with Reece and Mount, Mendy is also going to be offered a new deal. But should we really be rushing to offer Edou a new contract? Are we sure he’s our best long term solution? He can be a fantastic shot stopper when in form but also makes so many silly errors and let’s in a few that he shouldn’t. His distribution can look serviceable sometimes and woeful others.

We should definitely hold off on any contract offer until we’ve seen the type of season he has. 

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I see that along with Reece and Mount, Mendy is also going to be offered a new deal. But should we really be rushing to offer Edou a new contract? Are we sure he’s our best long term solution? He can be a fantastic shot stopper when in form but also makes so many silly errors and let’s in a few that he shouldn’t. His distribution can look serviceable sometimes and woeful others.

We should definitely hold off on any contract offer until we’ve seen the type of season he has. 

Same can be said about any other goalkeeper in the world mate.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Mendy stresses me out far too often

I hate two things above all else

PGMOL robberies and then STUPID errors that lead to goals

15 minutes ago, Kong said:

Same can be said about any other goalkeeper in the world mate.

odds are much lower though with these

Thibaut Courtois
Alisson
Jan Oblak
Ederson  
Gianluigi Donnarumma
Marc-André ter Stegen 
Mike Maignan  (has been superb)

15 hours ago, Jype said:

We'll see. There's an obligatory buy clause included in the loan but it will only get triggered if he plays a lot of games for them. If he doesn't perform they could easily just bury him in the stands like Milan did with Bakayoko to avoid paying a fee for the permanent transfer.

In his first start he got hooked at half time even though another one of their CBs had just gotten sent off with two yellowsso early signs aren't so great.

That isn't a good start, then. Let's hope he picks up for everyone's sake.

44 minutes ago, Vesper said:

odds are much lower though with these

Thibaut Courtois
Alisson
Jan Oblak
Ederson  
Gianluigi Donnarumma
Marc-André ter Stegen 
Mike Maignan  (has been superb)

I'd say only Mike Maignan is even remotely obtainable from that list.

33 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

If the club got Mendy, they could probably got Maignan as well instead, for some reason they didn't, perhaps Cech rated Mendy higher. And mix of Donnaruma looking for money move + Raiola to deal with, c'mon… 

Maignan was still available at that time.