Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Chelsea are back-in for Getafe's Marc Cucurella. The English club launched a first notice in March and now, according to latest news, the blues are willing to pay €30m for the 22-year-old left-back.

{AS}

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Chelsea are back-in for Getafe's Marc Cucurella. The English club launched a first notice in March and now, according to latest news, the blues are willing to pay €30m for the 22-year-old left-back.

{AS}

I know he's good offensively, but can he defend? 

8 minutes ago, Artandur said:

I know he's good offensively, but can he defend? 

I have to admit i have only seen him play once. there he looked a bit wild. I am not sure he is any better than Emerson defensively. But apparently we are looking for an attack-minded fullback not defensively super solid one.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

I have to admit i have only seen him play once. there he looked a bit wild. I am not sure he is any better than Emerson defensively. But apparently we are looking for an attack-minded fullback not defensively super solid one.

Well at least he can run, that would already be a step up from alonso i guess 

23 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

{AS}

no

hard pass

short (he was always listed at 1.72m at Barca, not he has magically grown 3cms at Getafe?), I was not impressed with him at Barca

he is shit defensively too

and in almost 3700 minutes (including mostly in pinball La Liga), 1 goal, 6 assists all comps

€30m for him is MADNESS

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

{AS}

The last few Spanish players we bought have not turned out great at all...

43 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

But apparently we are looking for an attack-minded fullback not defensively super solid one.

If this is true then Alex Telles. 

13 goals and 12 assists this season. 

But with Pulisic, Havertz, Werner and Ziyech upfront not sure we need offensive type? I think these boys will produce so much forward that I am fine with other midfielders and full backs being more defensively oriented. 

12 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

But with Pulisic, Havertz, Werner and Ziyech upfront not sure we need offensive type? I think these boys will produce so much forward that I am fine with other midfielders and full backs being more defensively oriented. 

Apart from Ziyech they are all more finishers than creators. a bit more creative input from the fullbacks wont hurt

no
hard pass
short (he was always listed at 1.72m at Barca, not he has magically grown 3cms at Getafe?), I was not impressed with him at Barca
he is shit defensively too
and in almost 3700 minutes (including mostly in pinball La Liga), 1 goal, 6 assists all comps
€30m for him is MADNESS

La Liga is better than Bundesliga, Serie A and Eredivisie and he plays just for Getafe. It is easier to assist or score when you play for Ajax or Porto and I would not give too much attention for assist and goal stats. Clubs like Ajax or Porto are very dominant in their leagues. Getafe is just a mid table team at best. Me personally, I do not know that guy. I would go for Gosens or Telles. But I do not think that any of those two will solve our defensive problems either. But at least they solve our offensive problems.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Telles is the penaldo taker of Porto, as far as I know.

27 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

or Gosens

c685e35b696928135c160d022556fea2.png

the only 3 Spanish players who actually (1 is not really due to insane price) I would be thrilled to see here 

Saúl Ñíguez   (insanely expensive, far out of our price range)
Ferran Torres   (and TBH, if we get Havertz, we are set for now in terms of left-footed wingers/SS/False Nine/AMF types in Havertz and Ziyech) <<< Pep wants him BAD, which sucks

Mikel Oyarzabal (far too expensive to be a backup winger, and he would never settle for that anyway)

maybe Pau Torres, but not 100% sold on him yet )another one Pep is looking at)

Sergi Roberto is 29yo in February, so zero long term value there

Gaya gas a 100m euro release clause, so Valencia can jog on

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

La Liga is better than Bundesliga, Serie A and Eredivisie and he plays just for Getafe. It is easier to assist or score when you play for Ajax or Porto and I would not give too much attention for assist and goal stats. Clubs like Ajax or Porto are very dominant in their leagues. Getafe is just a mid table team at best. Me personally, I do not know that guy. I would go for Gosens or Telles. But I do not think that any of those two will solve our defensive problems either. But at least they solve our offensive problems.

Cucurella is a LMF, he played TWO games at fullback all season (out of 45 played) and I mean MF, not LWB, as they play with back 4, a 4 4 2 formation

Getafe bought him off Barca for £9m, now, after one meh season (they finished 8th, 33 points behind RM and choked away a  Europa League place) they want to triple the price, lololol

Getafe went winless in their last 5 games, and scored ONE goal total, they won ONE of their last 12 La Liga games, and were shut out in 7 of those games, including v Levante, Alaves, Osasuna, Espanyol, and Celta Vigo (3 of those are bottom 5 teams, none are in the top half, other than Osasuna at 10th)

Cucurella has major fail (and another £27m shit down the loo on a middling fullback, who doesn't even PLAY FB or even wingback) written all over him

he is small, weak, poor defensively

7 EL games, zero goals, zero assists

he hasn't scored a goal in almost 8 months, has 2 assists since October, every assist was against a shit team, except for one v Athletic Bilbao (in August 2019, lol)

I cannot stress how unhappy I am going to be if he is who we buy for a LB