Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Saul is the one player I'd replace Kante with 

Thomas Partey is a more like for like with Kante, although a notch below

Saul is great at LB, but HATES playing there, and is a superb CMF

Saul or José Giménez is who I would demand

Giménez has not been as dominating without his partner in crime, Godin, and tbh, Felipe was their best CB this season, arguably the best season of any CB in La Liga

Saul is the best pure CMF in the world, atm, IMHO, so Saul for me, just kick in the diffrence (which is still HUGE as his release clause is insane)

but it is all pipe dreams, AM will NEVER go for that

Thomas, yes, but then we get fucked, as his release clause is only 42m, so they would have to still pay us something, say £13m (the £8m difference plus £5m inconvenience fee)

Saul can only leave Atletico Madrid if release clause is paid

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2020/04/21/5e9e0abb22601d05138b4571.html

If Saul Niguez is to leave Atletico Madrid then it will be for 150 million euros, the price stated in the midfielder's release clause.

When he signed his current contract in 2017, committing to the club until 2026, this was the agreed fee that would see him released from his contract and Atletico Madrid will stick to that.

They won't negotiate a lower transfer fee with any clubs who may want to sign the Spaniard.

snip

btw

AM only get 60% of his sale price, as 40% of Saul is owned by 40% by QSI (headed by Jorge Mendes and former United executive Peter Kenyon)

12 hours ago, Mana said:

I was crying for Aubameyang when there are strong rumours he want out of Dortmund.

Now? Nah, he’s old - you will get 1..maybe 2 years MAX out of him before his legs are gone.

We need a CF though. We all know Abraham is too young/premature to permanently lead the front line.

We could have him back in the day but Conte thought Morata/Lukaku were better options :rolleyes: 

This article from The Athletic says we aren't actively pursuing Coutinho - despite suggestions elsewhere - due to Lampard having plenty of other attacking options, the club having to deal with the virus crisis financially and Coutinho's wages (he's earning more than Kante right now). The article also says we are keeping a close eye on Havertz...

1 minute ago, Jason said:

This article from The Athletic says we aren't actively pursuing Coutinho - despite suggestions elsewhere - due to Lampard having plenty of other attacking options, the club having to deal with the virus crisis financially and Coutinho's wages (he's earning more than Kante right now). The article also says we are keeping a close eye on Havertz...

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Kante makes more (£290K/pw vs £240K/pw) but £240K/pw is madness for Coutinho

Havertz would be great but Grealish could be had for perhaps half the cost (Villa are SO fucked financially, and COVID-19 is a potential death blow)

now THAT all said

Havertz is also a left footer, and plays at RW at times

so he would solve (as we have the same type of player already in Ziyech) our RW AND AMF issues completely

and Havertz is far more doable than Sancho

that would be a really interesting play

as it sorts out a LOT of shit

and then we so do NOT need Coutinho and do not need Grealish or Maddison, or any other wingers or AMF

Havertz has even played at CF (had a goal and an assist against Eintracht Frankfurt as a CF, and a goal at CF against Rangers) and has killed it at times asa RWer as well

so very interesting indeed

25 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Don't forget acquiring Werner and Havertz would mean a chance to piss off both Bayern and Pool.

lol, now you are even getting MY hopes up about Werner

I will so gladly eat crow for a week IF we can snatch him from under those scouse vermin's nose!!!! :cig:

lol at Juve

IF Alex Sandro was one year younger, I would do it, but he is 30yo on January 26, 2021, so has two, MAX 3 decent years left

Report: Chelsea to be offered the chance to sign historical left back target (Swap offer for Emerson)

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/04/report-chelsea-offered-chance-sign-historical-left-back-target/

There have been many occasions over recent years where Chelsea have continued to be linked to the same player season after season.

One of those players over recent times is Juventus left back Alex Sandro, whom of which I lost count of the times I’ve read that Chelsea were close to signing him, such as this report from ESPN in 2018.

However, the Brazilian international never arrived for whatever reasons, and Chelsea ended up signing Emerson Palmieri from Roma instead.

Now in an ironic twist to the story, Chelsea could be offered another chance to sign Sandro, in exchange for Emerson.

According to Tuttosport (as cited by Football London), due to the financial uncertainty as a result of the global pandemic, Juventus could propose a swap deal with Chelsea offering Sandro in as part of the deal to sign Emerson – who they are targeting this summer.

Sandro turned 29 in January and was initially targeted by Chelsea in his peak, so it is unclear if they would pursue him again now.

snip

also lol @ >>>>>>> 

However, the Brazilian international never arrived for whatever reasons

the reason was Juve fucked us over, strung Marina on like a trout on a hook for three fucking straight years!!! we would meet their price, then they would raise it, then do it again.

The summer of 2017 was OUTRAGEOUS shitbaggery by them, they so so so fucked us hard in the batty, and not even some choklad or a kiss.

Would Havertz be worth the sort of figures being talked?

I know he had a superb season in 2018/19 but my understanding is he hasn't reached those heights this season which would be a worry to me. I don't really watch any German football however so maybe I'm wrong and he's still playing well but his goal output definitely isn't anywhere near as good as it was the prior season.

Struggling to think where Coutinho could even go if not here. I think someone like Arse or United would bring him in on loan if they fail signing their main targets. Otherwise he rots back on Barca's bench because they've given up on him.

I'm still on board with us signing him. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I trust The Athletic more than Daily Express. :ph34r:

I already gave 2 links for Coutinho's salary, not just the Express

here are more, including Forbes and the Guardian

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephentudor/2020/04/11/leicester-city-should-not-be-dismissed-in-the-race-to-sign-coutinho/#4c8ce2042a14

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/06/philippe-coutinho-join-barcelona-142m-deal-liverpool

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/barcelona-weekly-wages-salary-first-team-stars-revealed-messi-coutinho/9

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2885889-analysing-the-big-barcelona-transfer-rumours-being-mooted-for-2020

https://sportzwiki.com/football/philippe-coutinho-net-worth-endorsements-salary

The Sun is all over the place, they have said £11m a year (only £212K per week) in one article, and £290K per week in another, but it is the Sun, they lie like Trump

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Rumor is his agent. Apparently he’s Arsenal bound and the rumor to us is just a fabrication to hurry Arsenal into buying. 

So my sources tell me. 

Arsenal makes sense to take over Ozil? 

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Struggling to think where Coutinho could even go if not here. I think someone like Arse or United would bring him in on loan if they fail signing their main targets. Otherwise he rots back on Barca's bench because they've given up on him.

I'm still on board with us signing him. 

I'm not totally against bringing Coutinho here, but it's a move that I could do no more than accept very unenthusiastically. I'd certainly see no point in signing him if he wasn't slated to be in our top team, but how would he fit in that team?