Chelsea 1 - 0 Newcastle

Jase

1 minute ago, Johnnyeye said:

tbh that was a penalty, Chalobah was so stupid, we got really lucky there

yup can have no complaints here. could have easily lost. then again we did get shafted by a dozen refs before and this is literally our first time getting lucky.

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Tre and Hyundai still on the advert board

wtf

b1496061892ff08c63234e6932f26ce0.jpg

this is probably how they wanted it. stop paying the money and still showcase their logos.

At least we now know which sponsors stick with the club and who are little cowards. Once we get a new owner in, we will be able to negotiate more lucrative contracts. Esp Hyundai has not even withdrawn from Russia and is one of the most bought brands over there. Such hypocrisy.

Even before the contact in the box that should’ve been a pen, Chalobah had like 3 chances to get the ball out of there. A big, strong CB should’ve easily defended that. Just terrible.

Much as I have long been critical of Christensen due to him being physically soft for years, when it comes to being calm and intelligent on the ball he is miles better than Trev.

Once the ownership stuff is settled and we get to the summer I pray the plan is still to bring in at least 1 new CB. Trev cannot be an every game starter for a team with great ambitions.

Just now, Pizy said:

Even before the contact in the box that should’ve been a pen, Chalobah had like 3 chances to get the ball out of there. A big, strong CB should’ve easily defended that. Just terrible.

Much as I have long been critical of Christensen due to him being physically soft for years, when it comes to being calm and intelligent on the ball he is miles better than Trev.

Once the ownership stuff is settled and we get to the summer I pray the plan is still to bring in at least 1 new CB. Trev cannot be an every game starter for a team with great ambitions.

Jules Kounde...

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Yes. Of course Chalobah is young (altough lets be honest with almost 23 not that young), but I got the feeling he isn´t good enough for Chelsea, atleast not for the starting XI. People got carried away a little bit after he scored on his debut. Some even said he is already better than Christensen which is way over the top. 

First full season in the Prem, after initially being told he'd be out on loan. 

He's done a fine job. Feel you lot are nitpicking. Of course he isn't ready to be an undisputed starter ala Rudiger, but he has shown enough to be a valuable rotation option.