Chelsea 7-0 Norwich

Jase

6 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

They were all there for the start of the Chelsea game. At halftime of our game Rebecca Lowe said Beer and Food for everybody is on us from the food trucks. They made good on that announcement. 

damn, that was like 3 or 4 am for them

2 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

You can only beat the team in front of you. Dont care if only Norwich weve been capable of being surprised by teams like them

Lovely performance. Need to keep this going

Leave Southampton aside but what implications, if any, does this performance have for team selection going forward?

19 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I still can't believe but, every extra clean sheet notched up shortens the odds. Here's hoping you've been right all along.

I would start to think it's possible if Edou was largely unbusy but these last two games aside we've been relying on him too much for my liking.

18 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Leave Southampton aside but what implications, if any, does this performance have for team selection going forward?

I would like to think of this fluidity in our game remains in Lukaku's absence he'll have to work his way back in (ala adapt to us instead of the other way round).

Unfortunately I think he will be straight back in regardless however.

41 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

How far are we looking ahead when you said "going forward"?

We can only beat what is front of us and it's good that we put 7 past Norwich but on the other hand and let's be real here, they were appalling and offered no resistance whatsoever. We can be happy yes but shouldn't get carried away at all.

Tuchel already said out loud that one good performance means nothing for CHO as he wants consistency from him. Havertz was OK but was expecting more from him today given the state of the opposition. 

And would like to think that Newcastle and Burnley - despite still being winless at the time of writing - would pose more of a challenge for us to break them down. Surely they won't be as crap as Norwich. 

Don't care how crap the opposition was.

We NEEDED a game to pad our stats and raise our goal difference., and this was perfect.

Liverpool and City constantly do this against the lower teams.

Also I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembered the Carlo days.

Remember that time Drogba had to leave for the AFCON and everyone feared for our attack? Ended up thumping Sunderland (or was it Villa) by 7 goals with Anelka, Lampard & Malouda combining beautifully.

Shades of that match.

Edited by Blue Armour

8 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Don't care how crap the opposition was.

We NEEDED a game to pad our stats and raise our goal difference., and this was perfect.

Liverpool and City constantly do this against the lower teams.

Also I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembered the Carlo days.

Remember that time Drogba had to leave for the AFCON and everyone feared for our attack? Ended up thumping Sunderland (or was it Villa) by 7 goals with Anelka, Lampard & Malouda combining beautifully.

Shades of that match.

That team was different. We scored goals for fun but also ended up conceding 32 goals. Of course it is important not to be impotent in front of the opponents box but we were nowhere near this stable defensively under Carlo.

38 minutes ago, Jase said:

Tuchel already said out loud that one good performance means nothing for CHO as he wants consistency from him. Havertz was OK but was expecting more from him today given the state of the opposition.

Tuchel does not put a foot wrong. Quality individual.

I also thought Kai was OK today. Certainly better than his cameo on Wednesday. A start against Southampton would give him an opportunity to build some momentum but I expect TT will be juggling that with the competing priority of protecting Kai for next weekend.

9 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Tuchel does not put a foot wrong. Quality individual.

I also thought Kai was OK today. Certainly better than his cameo on Wednesday. A start against Southampton would give him an opportunity to build some momentum but I expect TT will be juggling that with the competing priority of protecting Kai for next weekend.

If we rest Havertz on Tuesday, then who is gonna lead the line against Southampton?

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Tammy against Wolves under Lampard

shit, i totally forgot that one, it was the game Tomori scored that screamer, all goals were scored by academy products( Tammy 3x, Mount, Tomori)

Edited by Johnnyeye