Chelsea Women Thread

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Jas said:

Close to having both James siblings at the club...

Not a fan of this deal for two reasons. Firstly, it is in the midfield and back four that we need to improve to catch up/keep up with Europe's elite. Secondly, I'm not a fan of Lauren James. She is Callum Hudson-Odoi;  much potential but very little output up to now and little sign yet that this is going to change.

24 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

She is Callum Hudson-Odoi;  much potential but very little output up to now and little sign yet that this is going to change.

CHO is very young and if you look his output in terms of goals and assists per minutes I think he is pretty good for his age.

For me still most exciting player from the academy for the future.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Not a fan of this deal for two reasons. Firstly, it is in the midfield and back four that we need to improve to catch up/keep up with Europe's elite. Secondly, I'm not a fan of Lauren James. She is Callum Hudson-Odoi;  much potential but very little output up to now and little sign yet that this is going to change.

A Centre back has been signed...to me it's a good deal only need to add a quality left back...

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm hoping Aniek Nouwen will be a good contributor but I confess I don't now anything about her.

She is a quality centre back and can comfortably slot in midfield playing the dm position just hope she settles in quickly and easily...

6 hours ago, Alabama said:

She is a quality centre back and can comfortably slot in midfield playing the dm position just hope she settles in quickly and easily...

Thank you. I've only seen a very limited highlights package of her.

In the puff piece when Nouwen signed, Emma described her as a ball paying CB. That is exactly the profile we need because, in my opinion, only Maren of our 'first choice' back four is truly comfortable in possession. In recent seasons we've conceded many chances and quite a few goals because defenders failed to control the ball, miscued after lashing at it wildly, or played very poor passes. Better footballers in the back four will improve the stability and the fluidity of our team.

First and foremost recruits must be Champions League quality defenders but in the women's game, no less than the men's, to be a top-level defender requires being technically good too. If youngsters come through the academy with 'squad player' level abilities only that's one thing, but i see no point going to the market to recruit anything other than a player who ticks all boxes for her position. That's especially so given the fact that we have have a virtually unrivaled employment package to offer female footballers.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The women's opening match of the 2021/22 season away to Arsenal will take place at the Emirates Stadium. The game will be played on September 5th with a 12:30pm kick off. Tickets go on sale on Wednesday 11th of August through the Arsenal website. Ticket link below.

Emirates Stadium to host WSL matches | News | Arsenal.com

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

• 1 month later...

Saw a bit of England women against Luxemborg England women celebrating like winning world cup after every goal against team who are 123 in world rankings. Terrible sportsman/womanship not sure that a word but England men won't be celebrating with kneeslide and hugging each other after 8th goal against Andorra next week. People talk about role model like cliche but rubbing opponent nose in it was for me unnecessary and show bad example a boys school team would give Luxemborg ladies a run for money.

1 hour ago, Jap Si. said:

Saw a bit of England women against Luxemborg England women celebrating like winning world cup after every goal against team who are 123 in world rankings. Terrible sportsman/womanship not sure that a word but England men won't be celebrating with kneeslide and hugging each other after 8th goal against Andorra next week. People talk about role model like cliche but rubbing opponent nose in it was for me unnecessary and show bad example a boys school team would give Luxemborg ladies a run for money.

Didn't watch so can't comment but generally speaking sportsmanship is better in the woman's game both on and off the pitch.

P.S. I ask everyone to join me in boycotting international football during international breaks. Don't buy match tickets, don't watch on TV, don't listen on radio, don't follow online, don't discuss on social media. The vast majority of us hate international breaks so let's stop whining about them and try to do something instead. If football fans refuse to engage with international breaks they would die and the regular interruption of the club season would stop. This then allows the club season to be completed in a shorter span of time meaning it can start later and finish sooner. That leaves time for an international season during which all international football can be played. The same amount of time is dedicated to the international game but all at once rather than scattered throughout the year. In fact it would get more time since an international season reduces the number of days currently 'wasted' while squads gather and breakup several times a season.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

20 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Man Utd 1 v Chelsea 6

just wanted to type that

It was a good, fun, trip. As the fan's coach was pulling out of the motorway services on the way back, the player's coach was just pulling in. Despite cries of, "Go back!" The driver headed on to London. Poor bloke probably just wanted to get home.

53 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

P.S. I ask everyone to join me in boycotting international football during international breaks. Don't buy match tickets, don't watch on TV, don't listen on radio, don't follow online, don't discuss on social media. The vast majority of us hate international breaks so let's stop whining about them and try to do something instead. If

Despite the whole country going mad for Euro's in the Summer. International breaks are important for fans to watch their country play easier for whole family to go generally cheaper especially friendly and if you support Stockport is good to travel abroad or to London to support team when usual there are handful of you. You support big team in Chelsea others not so lucky think of them except yourself for once.  I read post of yours saying you don't go to Chelsea away game is that another boycott by you ? lot of fans support club and country home and away not in armchair.

1 hour ago, Jap Si. said:

Despite the whole country going mad for Euro's in the Summer. International breaks are important for fans to watch their country play easier for whole family to go generally cheaper especially friendly and if you support Stockport is good to travel abroad or to London to support team when usual there are handful of you. You support big team in Chelsea others not so lucky think of them except yourself for once.  I read post of yours saying you don't go to Chelsea away game is that another boycott by you ? lot of fans support club and country home and away not in armchair.

You've read what I had to say. Others have probably done the same. This was my wish and my intention. You have done what I hoped you would do. What anyone does beyond that is for them to decide. I have great respect for the people in this forum and their opinions are of interest to me. This is not true in your case.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You've read what I had to say. Others have probably done the same. This was my wish and my intention. You have done what I hoped you would do. What anyone does beyond that is for them to decide. I have great respect for the people in this forum and their opinions are of interest to me. This is not true in your case.

I'm devestated go back to watching box set of Midsomer Murders