Injury List out of Control

Injury list as long as a very, very long thing now. Its a crisis . No two ways about it. Drogba , Deco, Carvalho, Joe Cole and, of course, Essien. Ashley Cole, has a back strain, and Scolari has said that both Terry and Alex played most of the game injured.

Terry, once more, was feeling his back – a worrying recurrence for club and country – while Alex had an arse strain apparently.

On the positive some of the reserves could get some action, but wouldnt be surprised to see some acquisitions in January

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the drogba-injury is just the top of it all.

what was the injury he suffered from during the summer ?

was it the leg ? don´t hope so.

maybe he started playing again too early....

but there is one thing that keeps me up ...

the rest of the team is not injured :

Cech, Ballack, Lampard, Bosingwa and blah are all great players which can make the difference

and our reservebank looks better than any other EPL-first team ( ;) )

just one thing is annoying me in every match this season : the attacking and forward-positions don´t look great at the moment.

maybe we shouldn´t have sold Sheva.....just maybe he would have been better than Anelka

the drogba-injury is just the top of it all.

what was the injury he suffered from during the summer ?

was it the leg ? don´t hope so.

maybe he started playing again too early....

but there is one thing that keeps me up ...

the rest of the team is not injured :

Cech, Ballack, Lampard, Bosingwa and blah are all great players which can make the difference

and our reservebank looks better than any other EPL-first team ( ;) )

just one thing is annoying me in every match this season : the attacking and forward-positions don´t look great at the moment.

maybe we shouldn´t have sold Sheva.....just maybe he would have been better than Anelka

Good point. Sometimes Bosingwa looks the most attack minded player on the pitch. I can see a new attacker in January coming, and hopefully some of the injuries are very short term.

i was happpy watching DiSanto coming in and being right there .

with him we have a great oppertunity in the future.

and also Bridge was impressive i think.

seems as if Scolari wants the back-wings to play also forward

with Bosingwa and A.Cole we have exactly these typ of players...

also Bridge can do that, i realized...

lets have a look at our injury-list

Essien - out for long-term.

Drogba ?

Deco ?

Carvalho ?

.....does anybody know more about their injuries ?

Last night it was the sort of game where Crespo would have knocked in a couple.

Quick -lets recall Pizarro ! He's knocking them away now ! Scored again last night and is a a local hero. :)

Do we have the recall option on him?

''Chance killer'' like it :). The one last night was just a knock in at the post apparently.

Do we have the recall option on him?

Not sure we can recall him just like that. Di Santo showed a few promising touches, thought he was going to score with his first touch last night......

If we had managed to sign Robinho, we'd be fine right now. We'd have four senior wingers, one of which can also play as a centre-forward (Kalou) and we wouldn't be worrying.

Shows how much difference a player makes. We'll just have to consider Sinclair as first team, tis all.

Crespo was released, so no recall on him.

We should be OK. Losing Drogs again sucks ass, but if we can Anelka to play like he was in the preseason and keep Mikel and CB's healthy, we will be OK. Deco should be back soon, BTW.

If we had managed to sign Robinho, we'd be fine right now. We'd have four senior wingers, one of which can also play as a centre-forward (Kalou) and we wouldn't be worrying.

Shows how much difference a player makes. We'll just have to consider Sinclair as first team, tis all.

I'm thinking this could be Sinclair's chance. If we don't even give him chances considering the injuries we're getting, then I'm afraid we won't ever give our youngsters chances (bar Mikel).

Cech, Bosingwa, JT, Alex, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Ballak, Malouda, Kalou, Anelka

This would be our starting line up for Sunday with the bench comprising of: Belleti, Ivanovic, Ferreira, Sinclair, Di Santo.(not too great in the attack).

Villa are playing their best football and we seem to draw alot of games at home. Our home record could be under threat this sunday.

By the way...2 weeks back when the Man Utd game happened, we were told Deco is out of 2 weeks. I hope he returns for the Villa game, and im also hoping JoeCole to be ready by sunday.

Scolari said last week that deco and carvalho would be available after the international break..

if one of the CB's keep fit, just drogba would be a long term injury without cover, and even there if anelka and kalou grab the opportunity, they have been waiting so long for, we should be OK..

for essien we just got cover in form of mineiro, ivanovic should do a decent enough job at CB if called upon and carvalho and deco are just about a week or two away.. So may be terry could be rested then..

It is a worry but you only have to look at our bench and our reserves to see how much talent we got. I do think however the whole "sexy football" approach will be lost for a while, at least until everyone comes back because you can't really play that type of football when you have people coming in and out of the starting team. As long as we win games it doesn't worry me though.

Our injuries have been a bloody nightmare for the past few seasons really. With Drogba out now though its really important to get Deco back otherwise I cant really see where the goals are going to come from.

I said a while back that Scolari cutting our squad back and not having a plan B when we didnt get Robinho showed some naivety on his part about the demands of the Premier League, and the latest batch of injuries highlights that.