• Barkley
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Hazard
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

Just now, Yeboii said:

What really is annoying with Alonso is that we have a player that is quicker than him, Hazard likes a lot, can do the same free kick as him, will be much more worrying for the opponents and has been patiently waiting for a while for a chance to show this. If anything, you would think Sarri would realize that Alonso can get fatigued and give Emerson a shot in the league. He had a great game against Liverpool, which is a much better team than Tottenham tbh.

Emerson always looks like he is proud to be a blue. Even tapped the badge when he scored against Liverpool and hugged the intruding fan before the players.

doesnt matter emerson cant defend set pieces. we would have roberto carlos on the bench too

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, whats happening said:

doesnt matter emerson cant defend set pieces. we would have roberto carlos on the bench too

Thats weird, in my opinion he is alright at set pieces. I know Alonso is better since he is taller, but Emerson has showed that he can score from a set piece while also defending them against teams that relied on them to get something out of the game.

Chelsea fans thrilled with N’Golo Kante’s display against Tottenham

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/analysis/chelsea-fans-thrilled-with-ngolo-kantes-display-against-tottenham/

Chelsea were narrowly beaten 1-0 by Tottenham on Tuesday night, but many of the club’s supporters on Twitter singled out midfielder N’Golo Kante for praise following his efforts.

The Blues were beaten 1-0 at Wembley in the first leg of the Carabao Cup semi-final, with Manchester City facing Burton Albion on Wednesday.

Maurizio Sarri’s side dominated for large spells without finding the breakthrough, but one lapse in concentration in the first-half allowed Harry Kane to convert a penalty to give the hosts a slender leader ahead of the return tie at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea were excellent in large spells and played like the home side, but once again a lack of cutting edge in the final third cost them.

snip

We have scored only ONE first half goal in the last SEVEN games. ONE in SEVEN!

D 0-0 Bournemouth
D 0-0 Leicester
D 1-1 Watford
D 0-0 Crystal Palace
D 0-0 Southampton
D 0-0 Nottingham Forest
L 0-1 Tottenham

8 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Thats weird, in my opinion he is alright at set pieces. I know Alonso is better since he is taller, but Emerson has showed that he can score from a set piece while also defending them against teams that relied on them to get something out of the game.

those are not my words but the managers.

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

they brought in the VAR and then rigged it, sounds like english refereeing. 

The camera angles shown during the VAR were also rubbish. Everything from the side and none close enough to see whether there was actually contact. Then, in the subsequent TV replays, they showed Kane lean into Kepa and dive to win the penalty. He initiated the penalty and it shouldn't have been one. What a joke!

48 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

There is no single solution to this team, Pulisic signing is in the direction. This side definitely needs players like Pulisic and CHO; pacy, direct, and technical players.

We need a creative midfielder in the final third, need someone with pin point passing.

FBs that can stretch and overload the opposition.

And of course a striker is also needed. 

Yes, of course we need more than one player to revitalise this team.

Although I have not seen enough from Christian to convince me that he really is a step in the right direction, lets say for the sake of argument that he is. Is that enough? Don't we need to find players who upgrade us all the way up to the level we want to reach in that player's position, not players who only take us closer to that destination?

Perhaps you didn't mean 'a step in the right direction' in the way I've interpreted it. Perhaps you believe Christian is exactly the player we need in his position and that this takes the team a pace forward. If that's what you mean, I don't agree but let's hope you're correct.

1 minute ago, Vybzkartel said:

Lets be honest Sarri will never drop Azpi and Alonso but they are the main problem at the moment. I would rather win or lose 3-2 than this shit we are being served at the moment. 

Main problem? They are an issue but changing them isn't going to turn into a goalscoring machine all of a sudden. The midfield and forward positions are arguably more of an issue.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

The camera angles shown during the VAR were also rubbish. Everything from the side and none close enough to see whether there was actually contact. Then, in the subsequent TV replays, they showed Kane lean into Kepa and dive to win the penalty. He initiated the penalty and it shouldn't have been one. What a joke!

Still we only have ourselves to blame. the offisde trap was poorly timed to make it that close and kepa should not come out like that when a player is headed to nowhere. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Main problem? They are an issue but changing them isn't going to turn into a goalscoring machine all of a sudden. The midfield and forward positions are arguably more of an issue.

I think it will help decongest the middle. Its so easy to defend us at the moment because everyone cuts back into the middle so just crowding the middle usually stops us in our tracks. This is why CHO has been a breath of fresh air, he hugs the touch line. If our fullbacks made overlapping runs it would help pull some of their defenders out of position instead of just staying in the middle to park the bus. Look at how City do it. 

It's a massive problem that people on TV don't seem to understand the rules of the game though.

The fact that Sky are reporting VAR "successfully" gave them a pen, then Sarri brings his laptop that shows Kane is CLEARLY offside, he is well offside going by the rules, look how far forward he is leaning, yet on Sky analysis it's a clear pen, even at half time someone was saying its a clear red. Unbelievable. 

Why draw a line across the feet when the line should be drawn at the "usable" body part furthest forward i.e. head/shoulders. Ridiculous.

VAR makes these debates worse lmao, every argument ends in VAR is always right when clearly it isnt.

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

That is reassuring.

It's true though.

Like it or not to assume Sarri was going to come in and Chelsea were going to compete with Liverpool and City sides where their coaches, who are top class, have got them to such a high level, was daft. They are elite coaches that have won and have had a long term to work their teams. Napoli was a process that took him time to get right yet people believe that Sarri was going to come in and instantly win trophies, or so youd expect reading some of the posts on here regarding how disappointed or how people are losing their faith with Sarri... hes a good coach, I hope people give him a chance, tonights performance was good against a top team in terms of how we played, just we were lacking final ball and goals.