Frank Lampard

the wes

I can see why Lampard gets so much stick - he's been one of Chelsea's most influential players for so long and yet he just doesnt perform anywhere near that level for England.

Ive never agreed with the booing though - its counter-productive. If you watch every England player, they look tense. None of them play with the same confidence they do for their clubs, simply because they know their own supporters will cheer them on no matter what. With England though, theyre all too aware they'll get stick no matter what.

England fans are fickle though. How long ago was it they decided Beckham was public enemy number one and now they couldnt get further up his arse if they tried - despite the fact he doesn't contribute anywhere near as much to the game now.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lampard in 2004 was Englands best player voted by the fans, he was magnificent in Euro2004 and was the best player in the world between sort of 2003-2005, no doubt. between 2003-2006 lampard was a different player to what he is now. He still scores the goals for Chelsea but he doesnt dominate the midfield like he once did. He doesnt really do that much anymore. For England, he has been useless in the last 2 years. I dont agree with the booing, they are gonna make him feel and play worse, the fans are sposed to do their best to support players in bad form but he really isnt showing anything. If he plays badly against croatia, i think he wont be playing much more in an England shirt.

Lampard is a professional and he will carry on playing for England for as long as he is happy.

It just pisses me off how much stick he gets when a couple of years ago they voted him the best player, but its not just Frank thats failing to perform. Beckham has done fuck all for England lately but they wouldn't dare boo him would they.

But I wouldn't blame Frank if he turned around and said fuck off but i cant see him doing that he's living the dream playing for his country

As much as i love Lamps he hasn't performed that well for England since before the 2006 world cup although the same could be said about other players. I do think he gets blamed and criticized a bit too much especially when he's subbed he gets booed off like hell at times....My best England 11 wouldn't have Lampard in it im afraid but 2 years ago maybe it would have.

Rooney is crap for England beyond crap but yet he dont get booed and critised etc

And I dont think we're gana beat Crotia anyway no matter who we play,Gerrard didnt exactly inspire us into the Euros anyway.Yeh he's a good player but still,last time we played Androa with him in the midfield again we were crap first half.

Edited by Laylabelle

Well Frank hasn't give up on England so he is hardly being egotistical.

Well that was my point :P

With England its because he has a bunch of shitebags behind him as fans and as such there is no confidence among any player.

Rooney is crap for England beyond crap but yet he dont get booed and critised etc

Rooney set one of Cole's goals up against Andorra to be fair and besides, he hasnt scored 20+ a season for his club for years either so any difference in his form wont be as obvious as Lampards.

I actually thought the supporters went a little easier on Lampard against Andorra than they have in the past - although with Setanta playing silly buggers and censoring half of what the crowd were chanting anyway, I guess its difficult to really judge that.

Rooney set one of Cole's goals up against Andorra to be fair and besides, he hasnt scored 20+ a season for his club for years either so any difference in his form wont be as obvious as Lampards.

I actually thought the supporters went a little easier on Lampard against Andorra than they have in the past - although with Setanta playing silly buggers and censoring half of what the crowd were chanting anyway, I guess its difficult to really judge that.

To my mind early all the England players are mediocre when you take them out of the multi-national Premiership. This is down to foreign skill masking their average ability, and they're playing for England, including the manager with tens of millions of pounds in their back pockets , no national incentive, knowing their club wage packet is far more important.

If England are to improve there needs to be a removal of dead wood from the FA downwards replaced with hungry young players who have something to prove.

If England are to improve there needs to be a removal of dead wood from the FA downwards replaced with hungry young players who have something to prove.

Totally agree with that, but it'll never happen. Everyone said Capello would be different, he'd be 'his own man' and make bold decisions but it isnt happening. Yet again another England manager comes in and picks the usual suspects irrespective of form.

So is he lacking the bottle people said he had or is he just another 'yes man' for the FA who was happy to wreck his reputation by being paid enough?

Totally agree with that, but it'll never happen. Everyone said Capello would be different, he'd be 'his own man' and make bold decisions but it isnt happening. Yet again another England manager comes in and picks the usual suspects irrespective of form.

So is he lacking the bottle people said he had or is he just another 'yes man' for the FA who was happy to wreck his reputation by being paid enough?

To my mind he is neither hungry, nor that interested. The £6 million a year till 2012 ensures a contract pay off when the inevitable demise/non qualification occurs. England dont need a bloke whose prime motivation is adding to his £20 million art collection, nor a hapless Mcclown who'd rather be Dutch. England need passion, and that doesnt come from fat cats - I dont know -gave up with England a few years ago -Holloway ? even Keegan, at leat theyd have a bit of soul - but I agree the established usual suspects need to be culled.

To my mind he is neither hungry, nor that interested. The £6 million a year till 2012 ensures a contract pay off when the inevitable demise/non qualification occurs. England dont need a bloke whose prime motivation is adding to his £20 million art collection, nor a hapless Mcclown who'd rather be Dutch. England need passion, and that doesnt come from fat cats - I dont know -gave up with England a few years ago -Holloway ? even Keegan, at leat theyd have a bit of soul - but I agree the established usual suspects need to be culled.

Definitely not Keegan - been there, done that and I never want to endure another game like his last one in charge for England tbh - it felt like a very long journey home.

Back to Chelsea, anyone see any similarities with the large pay packet and apparent lack of hunger/interest as far as the managers go? Its early days I know, but I hope my concerns about Scolari are unfounded.

• 3 weeks later...