• Rudiger (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

Luiz is injured all the time these days. Really missing his creativity from the back. 

Btw, how do you think Rüdiger has done? That peach of a ball to Zappacosta with his weaker foot was very impressive. 

It's been an exhibition match defensively. All the time in the world on the ball as well. Don't have anything to say about the defenders because of it.

Just now, The Skipper said:

How is he?

Rudiger is the better athlete and Rüdiger is also easily better on the ball. On pure defensive skills, Cahill isn’t that great either. Sure, he’s more experienced but he’s also 7 years older than Rüdiger. 

Cahill's the better defender and I've been a Cahill critic from day one. I see why Conte picks Cahill over Rudiger.

1 minute ago, DYC. said:

Cahill's the better defender and I've been a Cahill critic from day one. I see why Conte picks Cahill over Rudiger.

Please elaborate on how he’s the better defender as I don’t see it. Rüdiger has played almost as much (maybe even more) as Cahill this season too.

Cahill gets picked because he’s club captain. Are you saying he’s better than Luiz too then? 

Man, really, I think maybe you're confused?
Cahill only knows how to back away from the ball, freaks out when the ball is passed to him and there's an opponent within 2m to him. He's not fast, his positioning average. He defends well with his head and decent clearances, but that's it, man

Please elaborate on how he’s the better defender as I don’t see it. 

Cahill gets picked because he’s club captain. Are you saying he’s better than Luiz too then? 

I honestly don't see what you see in Rudiger. In the biggest games Cahill gets picked above Rudiger and I get it. It's not like he's a class above him but I trust his positonal sense, concentration and communication skills over Rudiger's.

Luiz has never been an option on the side.

You want Cesc to play false 9?

I want our most creative player to play in a game where we badly need him. Barkley can't pick up a pass to save his life from the looks of it.