• Kante
    • Bakayoko
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

It normally takes me an hour to calm down after a result that pisses me off and tonight is no different. We played pretty well in all honesty, Morata obviously should have scored at least 2 of those chances, but Arsenal were unlucky on the Sanchez shot and a couple others. Draw was a fair result, we do have to look over our shoulder a bit more but I'm really not that worried about securing a place in the Champions League.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

It normally takes me an hour to calm down after a result that pisses me off and tonight is no different. We played pretty well in all honesty, Morata obviously should have scored at least 2 of those chances, but Arsenal were unlucky on the Sanchez shot and a couple others. Draw was a fair result, we do have to look over our shoulder a bit more but I'm really not that worried about securing a place in the Champions League.

We did not play well.
And we could not have thrashed them for we did go ahead and they did not quite crumble to dust.
Nevertheless the chance Morata lost after their late equalizer was a match winner of course.

But whatever the nature of the game Morata's three chances is something beyond belief for a player of his -supposed- caliber.
If I change my mind about Morata now, it will have to be the biggest resurrection in history since Lazarus.

3 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

We did not play well.
And we could not have thrashed them for we did go ahead and they did not quite crumble to dust.
Nevertheless the chance Morata lost after their late equalizer was a match winner of course.

But whatever the nature of the game Morata's three chances is something beyond belief for a player of his -supposed- caliber.
If I change my mind about Morata now, it will have to be the biggest resurrection in history since Lazarus.

We obviously played well if we would have won 5-2 if Morata scored his sitters.

1 minute ago, Kieran. said:

We obviously played well if we would have won 5-2 if Morata scored his sitters.

What you say is impossible in football.
We could have won 2-1, 3-2, things might be better if Morata / Cesc scored in the 1st half but what you say is impossible in this kind of game.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

As much as Morata's finishing was beyond frustrating tonight - and he deserves to be criticized - the bigger concern here is our tendency to not take our chances - like clear chances - in the big games. Happened against United. Happened at Liverpool. And now Arsenal. Should have thrashed United but didn't. Should have beaten Liverpool but didn't. Should have thrashed Arsenal but didn't. All came down to poor finishing more than anything else.

vs Atletico also...

That's really worrying.

You have to be cool to be a striker.
I don't know if I 'm cool but I 'm not a striker.
Here is a psychological test done to me once (I failed).
I go to the mountains with the army for shooting practice with machine gun, together with all the other rookies.
It's my turn, I approach, the trainer says "oooh, look who is here, it's my good friend", "come here boy let's give it a go".
Then he suddenly changes mood -by design. He says "you clumsy idiot, son of a bitch, move fast, come on, come on, come on".
I screwed it up as a result. I even did something and the m/c gun turned around and pointed at the colonel in charge of the exercise. That was a capital b**shit, 5 days in the dungeons, but I was lucky the colonel pretended to look the other way.
After this I did some sh*tty shooting and left.
It shows that a man without cool blood and composure is rubbish !

As much as Morata's finishing was beyond frustrating tonight - and he deserves to be criticized - the bigger concern here is our tendency to not take our chances - like clear chances - in the big games. Happened against United. Happened at Liverpool. And now Arsenal. Should have thrashed United but didn't. Should have beaten Liverpool but didn't. Should have thrashed Arsenal but didn't. All came down to poor finishing more than anything else.
They are falling to the wrong players. I'd say at least 75% of our chances in those games have either fallen to Bakayoko or Morata.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
39 minutes ago, Jason said:

They are falling to the wrong players. I'd say at least 75% of our chances in those games have either fallen to Bakayoko or Morata.

If those had been half chances, then you can give an excuse. But they had been clear chances, which, no matter who, should have been converted. It's not just Bakayoko or Morata. Even Hazard, Fabregas, Drinkwater have all been guilty of missing them!

2 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

The look at the table is disturbing. Back to 3rd and just 3 points between us and 5th placed Tottenham (provided they beat West Ham tomorrow).

Feeling the same here but they do have a tough run coming up at the end of this month. United, Liverpool and Arsenal in consecutive games.

If those had been half chances, then you can give an excuse. But they had been clear chances, which, no matter who, should have been converted. It's not just Bakayoko or Morata. Even Hazard, Fabregas, Drinkwater have all been guilty of missing them!

Some players have to be given a pass because they excel elsewhere. Hazard's finishing lets him down on numerous occasions, but he can't be criticised because he has flair, is our best player, isn't part of his game and we would be a EL level side without him.

Those are a few of the comments you'll come across.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Some players have to be given a pass because they excel elsewhere. Hazard's finishing lets him down on numerous occasions, but he can't be criticised because he has flair, is our best player, isn't part of his game and we would be a EL level side without him.

Those are a few of the comments you'll come across.

Cesc missed one unworthy of him tonight.
Hazard misses sometimes, Diego also had some silly misses and look for similar elsewhere.
With Morats it's panic I 'm afraid, that's what it is.

Cesc missed one unworthy of him tonight. Hazard misses sometimes, Diego also had some silly misses and look for similar elsewhere.

With Morats it's panic I 'm afraid, that's what it is.

Cesc always seems to look for the perfect goal tbh. I remember him missing a simple chance recently, as he elected to chip it rather than smash it pass the GK. Morata has scored goals at the highest level for big clubs (scored in the CL semi & final whilst at Juve), so nerves really shouldn't be an issue.

Shame most of the chances that have fallen to him as of late haven't been instinctive situations.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
10 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Cesc missed one unworthy of him tonight.
Hazard misses sometimes, Diego also had some silly misses and look for similar elsewhere.
With Morats it's panic I 'm afraid, that's hat it is.

Cesc always seems to look for the perfect goal tbh. I remember him missing a simple chance recently, as he elected to chip it rather than smash it pass the GK. Morata has scored goals at the highest level for big clubs (scored in the CL semi & final whilst at Juve), so nerves really shouldn't be an issue.

No nerves are an issue.
Go to the Stoke thread.
I can tell you about Greek player legends, from the time I used to go every Sunday - everyone knows.
They actually do score great goals, against big opponents too, but how ?
They are also assets to their club.
But you don't call them strikers.

At the same time there are some slow motion characters who are strikers. It's in the mind.

You know who is the coolest in the world ?
It's Nacho Scocco of River Plate.
Killer force, usually lobs the ball over the keepers. The crazy Pele goal of 1958 against Sweden is his cup of tea.
A notch below making to the Argantine national team, played in Mexico, Greece, Sunderland for a spell then back to Argentine.
Now he is 35 but he is the killer.