• Pedro
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Christensen (sub)

Just now, Jason said:

Not a criticism on Morata but this!

Would Diego have fared better today? Maybe. But as I said above, we didn't help Morata or play to his abilities at all. He's a striker who thrives running in to space after a lay off, running the channels, and playing into his feet. All we did today is lob soft balls and hoped he could latch on. Hopeless in those circumstances.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Would Diego have fared better today? Maybe. But as I said above, we didn't help Morata or play to his abilities at all. He's a striker who thrives running in to space after a lay off, running the channels, and playing into his feet. All we did today is lob soft balls and hoped he could latch on. Hopeless in those circumstances.

Maybe, maybe not. Point is we needed someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck for us. With Costa, we could play to his abilities or he can do something and score out of nothing.

Did we play to his strength for that West Brom goal last season? No. That 4th goal against Stoke last year is also another example.

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Nah if you want to play to strength of morata then we should change the system. In this system, his first job is to be able to win the battle against opp cb and do layoff. He still struggle big time with the physicality of epl

Massive overreaction here. 0-0 against a direct rival is a good result in my book. Nothing pretty from either side but it's a point gained rather than two lost. Especially given the fixture list we've had and injuries.

Two points dropped because we won this last season. That's the best way to target a title winning pace.

Only way to make up for it is winning at the Emirates.

Luiz was the best player on the pitch bar that stupid red card incident. He has Lacazette in his back pocket and was just a beast on the pitch. Now he is out against City in that crucial game end of the month. Anyway, some may see as points lost. I am just glad we did not crumble after that red.

17 minutes ago, communicate said:

Nah if you want to play to strength of morata then we should change the system. In this system, his first job is to be able to win the battle against opp cb and do layoff. He still struggle big time with the physicality of epl

Which he did well in previous games. We played the ball into his feet in previous games, he controlled it nicely, and payed it off to a teammate. Today was all in the air it seemed like. 

3 minutes ago, obiwan92 said:

Two points dropped because we won this last season. That's the best way to target a title winning pace.

Only way to make up for it is winning at the Emirates.

Arsenal will do well to finish sixth.
If they are "direct rivals" what can be said about City-Utd ?

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Which he did well in previous games. We played the ball into his feet in previous games, he controlled it nicely, and payed it off to a teammate. Today was all in the air it seemed like. 

Nah I don't think he has played well personally other than Burnley game. Yes he has scored and assisted 4 goals but he has never won physical battle and he keep losing the ball whenever he is pushed and kicked fpfrom behind which is typical in epl

21 minutes ago, Stats said:

Luiz was the best player on the pitch bar that stupid red card incident. He has Lacazette in his back pocket and was just a beast on the pitch. Now he is out against City in that crucial game end of the month. Anyway, some may see as points lost. I am just glad we did not crumble after that red.

We have christensen as backup. I am not too worry about losing luiz

34 minutes ago, communicate said:

We have christensen as backup. I am not too worry about losing luiz

Luiz was a cut above our defenders today imo. What he brings to our team is so underestimated. Time will tell but City will tell a lot how much we can cope without him.