Richarlison

Chelsea4

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea if this lad is any good but as a player type he would fit in well, being capable of filling in two positions of need (striker / winger). If Conte knows the guy and it's him who wants the signing then I'm all for it.

Another waste of money. We have already many talent in same position. Besides, he is not a type(like llorente) that we need

Wallace, Piazon, Nathan, Kenedy,, Brazil league prospects have never been successful

5 minutes ago, scargo said:

Another waste of money. We have already many talent in same position. Besides, he is not a type(like llorente) that we need

Wallace, Piazon, Nathan, Kenedy,, Brazil league prospects have never been successful

Disagree. Chelsea should always look to buy talent. I don't know this guy at all, but a quick look at what people wrote on him when he was close to joining Ajax/Milan suggests that there is plenty of potential there. Ajax was close to buying him for a very high fee by their standards, and with their eye for talent that is a strong endorsement. Worth the risk in my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, Styl1994 said:

not really when we have Bogo and Musonda 

Chelsea should act as a meritocracy. If someone is good enough, they will play. Youth integration shouldn't stand in the way of us recruiting players and potentially missing out on the next world beaters. 

3 hours ago, scargo said:

Brazil league prospects have never been successful

I think it's luck of the draw with Brazilian players it's like trying to pick the gem outta the average ones look at Gabriel Barbosa from Inter he's been a flop then u look at Gabriel jesus he going to be a gem of a player 

Some comments about him from different reddit threads (I personally know nothing about him):

"He needs to leave this summer, still quite raw but huge potential seeing as hes built like a gazelle. Milan would be ace but stepping stone in a weaker league would be a good idea. If he tidied his mistakes up a bit he could be a Cristiano lite."

"Good up and coming player. Is he worth that much? I don't think so, but after the money that was fropped for Vinicius Jr. nothing surprises me anymore. Richarlison can definitely be worth that price if he continues developing like he has."

"He's our second top scorer this season with 14 goals, but is a bit raw, he still has a lot to develop. He can do both (
on whether he is a striker or winger), he will be a great striker, he finds himself on scoring positions quite often, but he needs time to develop"

"He's been the best talent in that U20 team so far (i.e Brazils U20 team)."

"He is worth it. I don't know how David Neres is doing there, but he wasn't proven in Brasileirão yet. Richarlison is already proven."

"Agreed. We played against Fluminense yesterday and playing against Richarlison was an absolute nightmare. He drew and scored the penalty last night."

"Plays winger or secondary striker, skilful with the ball, almost ambidextrous, relatively fast, and very young. Good prospect!"

"Definitely worth 12M, if not more. He kinda remembers me Gabriel Jesus but a bit less physical and a bit more skilful."

12 hours ago, scargo said:

1 - none of those players were good in the professional. Dont know if its only poor scout system or another thing.

2 - A strong scout system in Brazil/France/Argentina should be a pretty obvious strategy.

Chelsea never signed ONE top player right from Brazil. Only kids with few professional experience and gambles.

3 - Richarlison has the same age as Gabriel Jesus(20), he(Richarlison) was supposed to be better, but in 2016 Gabriel Jesus was in the richest team of the continent and current Brazilian champion - Palmeiras, while Richarlison was playing for a poor/struggling Fluminense and had two injuries in the feet.

Now he's carrying this poor team filled with U-20.

4 - If Gabriel Jesus cam be starter in the EPL, Richarlison can do it too, he's an overall better player.

I think i was the first to talk about the player here, but he will not come to Chelsea, he will sign for Ajax.

8 hours ago, Hazardinho Gaucho said:

1 - none of those players were good in the professional. Dont know if its only poor scout system or another thing.

Definitely poor scouting. From just their YouTube videos is was clear that neither Wallace nor Kennedy were going to be good enough so if their recruitment was about finding potential first teamers then that was a fail. If there was another, financial, aim behind the plan then maybe it was a success. We do not, and will never, know the detailed figures but it is possible.

2 - A strong scout system in Brazil/France/Argentina should be a pretty obvious strategy.

Agreed.

4 - If Gabriel Jesus cam be starter in the EPL, Richarlison can do it too, he's an overall better player.

I have not been as impressed by Gabriel Jesus's skill set as many people seem to have been, so I'm ready to believe what you say here. Especially since, unlike the lads I mentioned above, Richarlison shows well in his YouTube videos. Those videos made me want to move on to watching all touches recordings. I was put off a bit though by a post from a Brazilian football watcher who says that Richarlison is not particularly good and that a Fluminense teammate of his, whose name I've forgotten, is a much better prospect.

9 hours ago, Hazardinho Gaucho said:

Chelsea never signed ONE top player right from Brazil. Only kids with few professional experience and gambles.

3 - Richarlison has the same age as Gabriel Jesus(20), he(Richarlison) was supposed to be better, but in 2016 Gabriel Jesus was in the richest team of the continent and current Brazilian champion - Palmeiras, while Richarlison was playing for a poor/struggling Fluminense and had two injuries in the feet.

Now he's carrying this poor team filled with U-20.

I think i was the first to talk about the player here, but he will not come to Chelsea, he will sign for Ajax.

Do you know for a fact that he is joining Ajax? 

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Definitely poor scouting. From just their YouTube videos is was clear that neither Wallace nor Kennedy were going to be good enough so if their recruitment was about finding potential first teamers then that was a fail. If there was another, financial, aim behind the plan then maybe it was a success. We do not, and will never, know the detailed figures but it is possible.

Agreed.

I have not been as impressed by Gabriel Jesus's skill set as many people seem to have been, so I'm ready to believe what you say here. Especially since, unlike the lads I mentioned above, Richarlison shows well in his YouTube videos. Those videos made me want to move on to watching all touches recordings. I was put off a bit though by a post from a Brazilian football watcher who says that Richarlison is not particularly good and that a Fluminense teammate of his, whose name I've forgotten, is a much better prospect.

The guy was probably talking about WENDELL(19); Richarlisons teammate.
He's a very skilfull box2box who scores amazing long ranges.
I agree, Wendell is a superior footballer, but is hard to compare since he's part of the defensive system and attacking players tend to have more highlights in the football world.

When you see the media talking about some new Brazilian player, is better to search his name in the papers: O Globo; O Lance, G1; Espn Brasil.
The translation Portuguese/English in the Google is pretty good and its easy to realize what's the real opinion on the player.

About the guy saying he's not particulary good, of course is an opinion; but Brazilian fans will say that about the vast majority of attacking players..they have a unrealistic standard in their minds. Kaka, Rivaldo, Bebeto, etc; all were booed by their fans in their time. The typical Brazilian fan only supports the club, not the players.

Richarlison had two injuries last year and was struggling in the start of this season to gain form; but now you can see he's getting better and better month after month.

Dont know if will be wc. Probably. But is NT material for sure.

About Gabriel Jesus; he's not a trick winger. More like a player with impact in the games and good IQ to find spaces.
Not saying he's average, some players you just dont know why they're good, like Thomas Muller.

Richarlison is better than GJ imo because he  can finish with both legs with same level.
GJ has a weak left.

By what i know he's going to Ajax.

Ajax have ended their interest in Chelsea and Manchester United target Richarlison, who is believed to be on his way to the Premier League this sum

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/07/31/ajax-end-interest-in-brazilian-with-claims-chelsea-and-manchester-united-target-premier-league-bound/345234/#ixzz4oPMiRgG7

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You