Sheva to get chance, Carvalho staying put

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has indicated that he plans to keep Andriy Shevchenko at Stamford Bridge.

The Ukrainian international has been strongly linked with a move away from Chelsea this summer after struggling to hold down a regular place in the side.

Shevchenko's former AC Milan club have been continually linked with a move for the 31-year-old, while Sampdoria have also been credited with an interest in the striker.

However, Scolari has played down talk of a move and has assured Shechenko he figures in his plans.

"Last season he made 12 starts and scored eight," Scolari told the Daily Star.

"Yes, he is a player for Chelsea. If I see him in training and if I believe in him, I will put him on the field."

Boost

Meanwhile, Scolari has received a boost with the news that Ricardo Carvalho has pledged to stay at the club.

Carvalho was believed to be on the shopping list of former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan, with the player not ruling a reunion with the Portuguese tactician.

The Portuguese international has now played down the rumours, saying he is looking forward to the challenge of a new season at Chelsea.

"It is good to see all the people again, fighting for the club like we have for the past few years," Carvalho told The Times.

If this news is true, it is excellent news. I've always been a fan of Sheva, I hope now he will get the chance he deserves. Nothing needs to be said about Riccy, he's world class and its a no brainer that we're better with him in the side.

Edited by BlueLion

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there was much doubt of Riccy staying with Scolari in charge. Sheva can still offer us something i think, and i hope we will see more from him this season. Although i think he is already carrying an injury as i havn't seen him involved in any of the training sessions shown on CTV.

Oh no not sheva agian he is finished !

Loads of fans said that about Drogba and Ballack first season - Scolari might be able to get the old Sheva goal hunting again...or you could be right, and Abramovich has had a word with Scolari about keeping his mate on.

Loads of fans said that about Drogba and Ballack first season - Scolari might be able to get the old Sheva goal hunting again...or you could be right, and Abramovich has had a word with Scolari about keeping his mate on.

I am sure that Roman isn't encouraging anyone to keep and play Sheva. If that was the case he would have played a lot more last season under Grant!!!

I think Sheva has been given a lot more stick than he deserves. He has had some very good performances and just because his goals record hasn't been that good (even though his goals to games ratio last season was pretty decent) he has had a lot of stick.

When Sheva was made the focal point of our attack we saw glimpses of the old boy coming back. Then he picked up that injury which basically kept him out for the rest of the season.

He works his bollocks off and doesnt go all Drogba-esque.

Tbh, I'd like to see us use him as our main striker and get rid of Drogba. Sheva obviously isnt as pacey as he was before and with Deco added to the team, he'll have someone who can pick out the passes to put Sheva in on goal. He still has that vision to get into positions to score.

I have faith in him.

wooooo great news :), im so happy for shev he has tried so hard and before h got injured he was actually doing really well, i hope he comes back and scores a bag this season :)

Yeah I think he has been given a lot of unfair critism just cause he aint banging the goals in like he used to.

But he works his arse off and plays well.

I hope he gets more chances next season to show us what he's capable of.

This is fantastic news that both are staying.

Do one Mourinho, Carvalho's ours :D

Sheva should be given a chance,i want him to get a chance to shine.As for Riccy great news as it seem's Jose won't get any Chelsea player.

Roman should offer him Ben Haim he is also a former Chelsea :lol:

Thrilled that Sheva and Riccy are staying. I know Sheva can do well if he is given a chance, injury permitting. And who knows, with Deco Sheva may be back to his best. Riccy is the best in the world, I'm glad to hear that is going to stay too :)

Lampard and Drogba can take their Arses out of CFC. But someone like Carvalho is a HUGE LOSS!!!...So is Sheva just for the kinda Human Being he has been. I am soo happy Riccy is staying and as far as Sheva is concerned, the guy hasnt uttered a word inspite of being maligned and insulted and ridiculed in the press and by fans across. Something for Drogba to learn from. Scolari said that last season Sheva scored 8 from 12 starts and he was actually unfortunate to get injured while he was playing his best football at CFC.

Tbh, I'd like to see us use him as our main striker and get rid of Drogba. Sheva obviously isnt as pacey as he was before and with Deco added to the team, he'll have someone who can pick out the passes to put Sheva in on goal. He still has that vision to get into positions to score.

I have faith in him.

:541: :541: :541: = Tri blue

When Sheva was made the focal point of our attack we saw glimpses of the old boy coming back. Then he picked up that injury which basically kept him out for the rest of the season.

He works his bollocks off and doesnt go all Drogba-esque.

I have faith in him.

Spot on. He was a success at Milan because Pirlo and Kaka supplied him with opportunities. Balley and Deco can do the same.

I'm delighted with Carvalho's news : Carvalho is indispensable to the club : he's a world class defender ! It would have been very stupid to sell him. I hope he gonna make another excellent season ;)

Sheva ? I hope he gonna find back the way to the net. He has behind him 2 very unlucky seasons but as someone said he has a great behavior, no moaning because he was on the bench for a long time, no whining, no attacks towards the staff nor team mates.

Anyway for me Drogba MUST GO ! He let us down way too many times last season with his ridiculous shows on and off the pitch. He's nothing but a mercenary.

Edited by Hingis

I'm glad to hear those news. :D Riccy is ours and he is one of our best defender ever. However, it's good to knew that Sheva is still with us. I believe he can do better and show an excellant performance next season (i can't wait for the next season anyway).

Well that is possible. He barely got any games last season, but he scored 8 goals last season, which is still an important contribution. Plus in games such as Villa at home, he looked as good as ever. I'm sure he'll come good.