• Matic
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)

6 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Luiz an absolute rock at the back today. My MOTM. Cahill did very well to redeem himself. Champions performance that. We ain't losing this title. 7 more wins and its done.

what a season he´s having, the season of his life, he has silenced all his critics, from pundits to fans, Conte has done wonders for Luiz´s confidence and performance levels, we were all guessing when we brought him back to the Bridge, but it was all worth it, masterstroke signing in my opinion.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

what a season he´s having, the season of his life, he has silenced all his critics, from pundits to fans, Conte has done wonders for Luiz´s confidence and performance levels, we were all guessing when we brought him back to the Bridge, but it was all worth it, masterstoke signing in my opinion.

This is what I was hoping for when he was here before under Jose. I was sure Jose would curtail his eccentric bits down significantly but I guess the move to PSG helped with that. But Conte has taken him to the next level. One more season like this and he's a bonafide world class centre back, no one can tell him anything. I'm delighted to have him back in the team because it looks like for most of it he's cut the bad stuff he used to do out a lot. Guy has been the best centre back in the PL this season, and is a huge leader in this team clearly. Absolute warrior. 

Credit to Antonio who is always so good with defenders like him. Tis why I also have quite high hopes for Christensen. Think Antonio will guide him well.

4 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

This is what I was hoping for when he was here before under Jose. I was sure Jose would curtail his eccentric bits down significantly but I guess the move to PSG helped with that. But Conte has taken him to the next level. One more season like this and he's a bonafide world class centre back, no one can tell him anything. I'm delighted to have him back in the team because it looks like for most of it he's cut the bad stuff he used to do out a lot. Guy has been the best centre back in the PL this season, and is a huge leader in this team clearly. Absolute warrior. 

Credit to Antonio who is always so good with defenders like him. Tis why I also have quite high hopes for Christensen. Think Antonio will guide him well.

Yep, think we're all set for CB's with Andreas coming back and Zouma finally reaching full fitness. Wingbacks and midfield our most important areas of improvement assuming we keep hold of all our attacking players.

7 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

youre right, the PSG move helped him a lot, now he´s the real deal and its showing, i hope he keeps on improving, he still has so much to offer. Conte will make sure Luiz keeps playing at this level.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yep, think we're all set for CB's with Andreas coming back and Zouma finally reaching full fitness. Wingbacks and midfield our most important areas of improvement assuming we keep hold of all our attacking players.

Love the overrating of Christensen and Zouma.

0mKXcg1.gif

We came on top off a very physical game and handled it well despite an average performance by quite a few players. Costa needs to be benched next game, feel he is taking his place for granted. 

Valuable 3 points for us ... let keep it rolling Blues!!!

23 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

i find it baffling that teams are set out to play like this against us, just kicking our players, what a disgrace for the game, just play football for farks sake, such bad sportsmanship, but it shows how well we are doing this season and its messing with everyone´s heads. Cheers

I was reminiscing back to school when we played one touch football or no contact football - we'd beat every team 9-10 nil under those conditions !

Thought we played well. You'd think we were 2 goals down reading this thread during the game.
RLC was a runaway best on ground for me. His physicality in the middle changed the game for us. Really nice hold up play as well as a few great link ups.

I think he can grow with the team. Not ready for constant minutes but he can serve a purpose.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Whilst it was tough, it was always going going to be tough. Hazard missing and against a very physical side who battle for everything. Now hold that thought "They battle for everything" if this had been Arsenal they would of caved in, and that's the difference between us and them and a lot of us in this league...We stand up, we never shirk our responsibility and we scrap if it's a scrap and play football when it's needed.

This was as terrific performance in so many ways.

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I was reminiscing back to school when we played one touch football or no contact football - we'd beat every team 9-10 nil under those conditions !

yeah, but for me not so great as i grew up playing as a goalkeeper haha, i got a lot better with time :D

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Love the overrating of Christensen and Zouma.

0mKXcg1.gif

The thing is, there aren't many outstanding CBs out there at the moment, so we might as well work with what we've got. Christensen and Zouma have pretty high ceilings anyway. 

We knew it was going to be a dig deep, dirty game and there wasn't really any suprizes.

Not all games are beautiful with flowing passes and long dribbles.

Some like today you just gotta dig in and wait for your chances to come.

A wins a win and I'll take them as they come.

1 down 7 to go! Chelsea%201_zpslxgfqido.gif

5 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

The thing is, there aren't many outstanding CBs out there at the moment, so we might as well work with what we've got. Christensen and Zouma have pretty high ceilings anyway. 

Having high ceiling is one thing but whether or not they fit Conte's style is another. Christensen will maybe get a look in next season but Zouma may not. He's a bit like a Cahill. Can defend when sitting back but average 1-v-1 and looks cumbersome on the ball.