Sergio Aguero

Unionjack

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Not just this but SKY Sports News are absolute shite now in all honesty. Years ago when the yellow banner came up it was nailed on 100% certain, now they just get their shite links from Twitter and role them out in their own format.

Should name it Tancredi TV.

The only source I trust nowadays is bbc sports 

33 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Aguero has already stated he wants to return to Argentina at the end of his contract(2019). Dont want to deal with another striker that already wants out of England. 

Makes perfect sense we'd sign a player like that then.

Not just this but SKY Sports News are absolute shite now in all honesty. Years ago when the yellow banner came up it was nailed on 100% certain, now they just get their shite links from Twitter and role them out in their own format.
Should name it Tancredi TV.

I still feel they are very reliable. You just actually have to read what it says. Sky sources are still accurate. If they say "interested" then you have to realize that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to happen. I still believe we are interested in Aguero. If sky sources say things are close or are close to being done, I believe it too. They are very accurate, just pay attention to the wording.

All the stuff I'm seeing from journalists that actually cover City say there's no chance. It's a non starter.

Unlike the Alexis Sanchez situation, Aguero has no real reason to leave City. Unless Pep sees Jesus as the first choice #9, I suppose. 

2 hours ago, Jype said:

Would be the natural choice for Chelsea. Not because he's the best option out the but rather quite the opposite:

2006-07 the club had a choice between Torres and Shevchenko, decided to 'play it safe' by going after the more experienced bigger name striker who proved past it.

2010-11 the club had a choice between Agüero and Torres, decided to 'play it safe' by going after the more experienced bigger name striker who proved past it. 

2017-18 the club have a choice between Lukaku/Morata/Belotti and Agüero. See where I'm going with this?

Although i don't think he will be his best if he came to us, he won't be as bad as Torres. Torres turned into the worst striker in the league, Aguero won't fall that far.

It still pisses me till this day we didn't got him when he was at Atletico. Everyone knew he was gonna be a star, even Torres was more expensive than him and we paid the money.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Although i don't think he will be his best if he came to us, he won't be as bad as Torres. Torres turned into the worst striker in the league, Aguero won't fall that far.

Yeah, I agree.

But with his injury record I'd say there's a big risk he'll decline massively in his early 30s and there's been some signs of decline already. He's still scoring a lot of goals for City but it's clear by just looking at him that he's not as good as a few years ago, the goal instinct is still there but his movement has taken a hit with the injuries. I have no doubt he'd tear up the PL for couple more years if we got him but I think it's quite safe to assume he's not a player who'll age particularly well so I'd rather not have the club spend massive amounts of money on him and instead go for someone else. For a peak player Aubameyang is a much more lucrative option, at the moment I'd say he's the better player and has no history of injuries either. 

Of course there's the chance of making City look like mugs if we got Aguero and he leads us to a title or two like van Persie did for United, but I believe signing Aguero would only be a short term fix for 2-3 years max. For the right price why not, but pretty sure City would demand like £70M and it's a lot of money for a player who might only be good for a couple more seasons.

for an instant effect,,i'll take him over PEA. 60 million pounds means nothing if we can lifted up the PL / CL winner with goalscoring machine like him for at least 2 seasons. it's true about injury risk for him,,but we have a best medical dept. in league. so,,no worries for me...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

City wont let Aguero leave, they need him if they are to challenge for the title, its that simple, would i have taken Aguero here a few years ago? definitely yes, but its a huge risk, he´s too injury prone these days and a karnt, he would probably try to injure Luiz again in training :rolleyes:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You