Alex Sandro

iceboy

1 minute ago, Georgy said:

Oups I meant RWB and RW.

Don't think we've been lnked strongly with anyone who could cover RWB. Dani Alves was the only one and he seems to be on his way to City. Any rumours linking us with a RW have been dead as of late.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BlueStorm1003 said:

Don't think we've been lnked strongly with anyone who could cover RWB. Dani Alves was the only one and he seems to be on his way to City. Any rumours linking us with a RW have been dead as of late.

Sky was reporting were in for Ox a few days ago.

Wasn't he deployed more as a centre-midfielder this season by Le Arse though? I guess that's why I forgot about him. Only ones I cold think of were Sanchez and Mahrez. And a very weak rumour of Domenico Berardi that died as quickly as it came.

Alex Sandro is a great player, what is better is that this looks more like Conte transfer and we are signing a player which the manager wanted. It's good that the club believes in Conte and tries to bring his targets. Good job to the board if the deal actually becomes a fact.

#Chelsea expect to take their spending for the week to £97.9million if they can complete the £61.2million deal for Alex Sandro. [Express]

#Chelsea will set a new transfer record this week by signing Alex Sandro and Tiemoue Bakayoko for a combined £100million. [Mirror]

#Chelsea want to make Alex Sandro the world’s most expensive defender this week after making an improved bid worth just over £61m. [Mirror]

With Romelu Lukaku, who #Chelsea value at £75million, also in Conte’s sights, their spree this summer could hit around £250million. [Mirror]

1 hour ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

Wasn't he deployed more as a centre-midfielder this season by Le Arse though? I guess that's why I forgot about him. Only ones I cold think of were Sanchez and Mahrez. And a very weak rumour of Domenico Berardi that died as quickly as it came.

I think if we get Ox, Conte will try to slot him in that RWB place or so I've seen other Chelsea fans say. As for RW I really hope we don't get Mahrez or anyone who isn't world class. I'd rather play with Willian and Pedro than signing another stop gap.

56 minutes ago, Georgy said:

I think if we get Ox, Conte will try to slot him in that RWB place or so I've seen other Chelsea fans say. As for RW I really hope we don't get Mahrez or anyone who isn't world class. I'd rather play with Willian and Pedro than signing another stop gap.

The vast majority of clubs would love Willian and Pedro in their teams. They both have the ability to be game changers and they both proved at times last season that when teams are preoccupied with Hazard, they can produce.

They may not be at Hazard's level but no team has a world class player in every single position, but those players are still of a high standard.

I would not swap either of them for Mahrez. I agree it would have to be a real top class player to replace them, otherwise it's pointless for the sake of buying.

Wonder what would be going through Alonso's head if we made this signing. Coming off a great season where he started just about every match and having only been here a year. Going from a nailed on regular to a bench player overnight. I'll feel bad for him to be honest.

35 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wonder what would be going through Alonso's head if we made this signing. Coming off a great season where he started just about every match and having only been here a year. Going from a nailed on regular to a bench player overnight. I'll feel bad for him to be honest.

Chelsea gave him unique opportunity and exposure to the football world. There was a bit uproar that he was omitted from Spain squad. Some people are questioning why Chelsea are bringing the second best left-back in the world. Look at this. This time last year Alonso was nobody. 

I want to see him play as a LCB a few times. He could be very good there. His dealing with crosses is usually top notch, he can pass and deal with the pressure reasonably. 

BTW Like this type of question. Thinking straight, semi-long term, pretending like it's completely normal situation that we're signing top class player and not giving a hint that we're passing out on the floor in complete ecstasy. Riiight... 

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If he has any sense then he has to be grateful for the opportunity to be playing in such a team in any capacity.

5 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Wow, Chelsea are actually going to pull off an ambitous transfer worth more than £32M. I never thought I'd see the day Marina would pull it off. 

Hazard + Sandro on the left?

Tears in my eyes.

Absolute tears bro. Dream signing. 

14 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Chelsea gave him unique opportunity and exposure to the football world. There was a bit uproar that he was omitted from Spain squad. Some people are questioning why Chelsea are bringing the second best left-back in the world. Look at this. This time last year Alonso was nobody. 

I want to see him play as a LCB a few times. He could be very good there. His dealing with crosses is usually top notch, he can pass and deal with the pressure reasonably. 

BTW Like this type of question like it's completely normal that we're signing top class player and we shouldn't be in complete ecstasy on the floor not even pretending of thinking straight and semi-long term. 

Playing at CB robs him of the opportunity to do what he's best at, though, which is bombing down the flank and putting in good crosses. I'm sure he'd do an admirable job as an emergency CB but surely his future isn't there.

Just now, Pizy said:

Playing at CB robs him of the opportunity to do what he's best at, though, which is bombing down the flank and putting in good crosses. I'm sure he'd do an admirable job as an emergency CB but surely his future isn't there.

So he needs to getting used to it. Emergency option. 2nd choice LWB. Doesn't mean he won't play +30 games. He can easily slot ahead of Cahill for the place in 3 men block which I assume will be Van Dijk - David Luiz and Azpilicueta. Not bad at all. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You