Diego Laxalt

the wes

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laxalt is left-footed and plays as a trequartista. He is physically strong and very versatile  Laxalt has described himself by saying that: My strengths are speed and endurance. I'm a left footed midfielder who can fit in other positions. He has compared himself to the Inter Milan legend Álvaro Recoba, who is also a Uruguayan midfielder.

Diego Laxalt Characteristics

+ Strengths

Defensive contribution
Strong

- Weaknesses

(Player has no significant weaknesses)

Diego Laxalt's Style of Play

• Likes to play short passes
  • Likes to tackle

I've seen him play 4 or 5 times. Based on that, he'd be a solid squad player, but no better than Alonso. Where Alonso can cross, this guy can't. Where this guy can position himself well, Alonso can't (to the same extent - he's good, but this guy is flawless in positioning.) This guy is faster, but less creative. There is no need for him, in my opinion. 

I like the look of him very much judging by Youtube videos. Within first 2 minutes I can say when there's definitely something wrong with the player and I was surprised not to pick up glaring flaw. I have not seen a minute of him in full game but I'm positive. Guy looks fast, great stamina, has natural hassle which is triggered whenever he has to chase the ball, decent technique and lastly looks able to keep momentum in attacks and bring others to the game.

I'm charmed by whole 20 minutes I have seen of him. Potential issues?  Right foot and hopeful crosses rather than placement.

6 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I like the look of him very much judging by Youtube videos. Within first 2 minutes I can say when there's definitely something wrong with the player and I was surprised not to pick up glaring flaw. I have not seen a minute of him in full game but I'm positive. Guy looks fast, great stamina, has natural hassle which is triggered whenever he has to chase the ball, decent technique and lastly looks able to keep momentum in attacks and bring others to the game.

I'm charmed by whole 20 minutes I have seen of him. Potential issues?  Right foot and hopeful crosses rather than placement.

The disagreement I would mention here is over what you say about his technique. To me it seems better than decent. In fact  I would call it outstanding. As I said earlier, if he joins, I think he would instantly become the most technically able player in our squad.

Have you watched any all touches videos of Laxalt? I definitely think that is worth doing and there are  some available.

From watching him, I have formed the opinion that too many of his involvements come to nothing because of the decisions he makes. You may see this differently of course. If his technique was less good I might argue that he should be ruled out for that reason. With such excellent technique however it's hard to avoid wanting to take another look. 

On 16/12/2016 at 7:33 PM, scargo said:

Average player.

Better we wait 2 or 3 years, him make a name for himself, have 10 other teams clamouring for him, and then we try and get him. Then he won't be average, so he'll be good enough for us. 

Never ever should we buy a player who looks like a solid fit in our system and looks full of potential. 

Better we wait 2 or 3 years, him make a name for himself, have 10 other teams clamouring for him, and then we try and get him. Then he won't be average, so he'll be good enough for us. 

Never ever should we buy a player who looks like a solid fit in our system and looks full of potential. 

Exactly! He's young, solid, looks like fitting for our formation. We need some backup for Marcos Alonso and Lexalt could be the answer. Maybe in few years he would establish himself as first team player.

I would be happy if we get him in january.

Wysłane z mojego ALE-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka

7 minutes ago, Cripen said:

Exactly! He's young, solid, looks like fitting for our formation. We need some backup for Marcos Alonso and Lexalt could be the answer. Maybe in few years he would establish himself as first team player.

I would be happy if we get him in january.

Wysłane z mojego ALE-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Its not a backup we want for Alonso its an upgrade and use Alonso as backup.

This lad looks capable enough to do it maybe.

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Its not a backup we want for Alonso its an upgrade and use Alonso as backup.

This lad looks capable enough to do it maybe.

Maybe, maybe not.

I know Marcos isnt world beater, but he's solid. Dont know if Laxalt is better than him, but definitely got potential to be.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You