Faouzi Ghoulam

the wes

18 minutes ago, manpe said:

Excellent signing if true. Exactly what we need.

Is he that good? I dont want two LBs (LWBs) that would cost 50m combined and we would still need to replace them in long run.

Just splash the cash on someone like Sandro in summer then.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Is he that good? I dont want two LBs (LWBs) that would cost 50m combined and we would still need to replace them in long run.

I was in favour of signing Alonso in the summer because I believed his atributes could help our team. I think that has worked out well but this lad is an Alonso upgrade for sure. Ghoulam offers the good continuity skills which are vital for a wing back, but he brings more pace and more power than Marcos which makes his defensive game more solid too.

7 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I was in favour of signing Alonso in the summer because I believed he could help our team. I think that has worked out well but this lad is an Alonso upgrade for sure. Ghoulam offers the good continuity skills which are vital for a wing back, but he brings more pace and more power than Marcos which makes his defensive game more solid too.

I agree. The more I check up on this guy the more I like him

Like you I also thought Alonso would be good for us but this chap looks on a different level. But I dont know what would happen with Alonso.

5 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I agree. The more I check up on this guy the more I like him

Like you I also thought Alonso would be good for us but this chap looks on a different level. But I dont know what would happen with Alonso.

Hopefully he can be persuaded to stay. Ghoulam as a starter, with Marcos as the backup gives the kind of depth we'd like our squad to have in every position. Whether he would stay depends on what options he might have and it's hard to guess what those would be.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I was in favour of signing Alonso in the summer because I believed he could help our team. I think that has worked out well but this lad is an Alonso upgrade for sure. Ghoulam offers the good continuity skills which are vital for a wing back, but he brings more pace and more power than Marcos which makes his defensive game more solid too.

Im more than happy we ended with Alonso too, despite first doubts, he did realy good job so far. But IMO I dont see Ghoulam as someone that will give us the quality in the long run. From physical perspective, he looks quick and strong who can run alot, but on technical level and intelligence, Im not so sure.

Then again I cant remember much of him, I saw some Napoli games but he never realy impressed me I guess, thats why I dont remember if he was any good.

I think he gives us a great option for a different type of LWB, Marcos will still get lots of games and so would this guy. As we all know Wing Back is the most tiring position on the field which is often overlooked in how solid Marcos has been. Give Conte another option and another problem for our opponents to gameplan against. Ghoulam, Alonso, Moses, Semedo and we went from needing positional depth to one of our team strengths.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

It is not that easy, Sandro is vital to Juventus. Juventus doesnt often sell vital pieces. I like the pairing of Alonso and Ghoulam, gives Conte options and changes the look of our team depending who he chooses for the game, keeps other teams on their toes.

On January 25, 2017 at 9:54 AM, Unionjack said:

Do you warch him alot? Ive asked Napoli supporters and they absolutely love him

I've seen him a couple of times to be fair..

But All I've heard from people who watch Napoli often are that Ghoulam and Hysaj are without a doubt the best FB pairing in world football. 

Sarri is one of the most underrated managers in Football, and the tactical/technical attributes that all their players need to pull off what he asks is very impressive. Which is why we were in for Koulibailly, and now Ghoulam. 

He should develop a great understanding with Hazard. Would really pleased if this transfer comes true. 

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, the wes said:

http://talksport.com/football/napoli-full-back-faouzi-ghoulam-stalls-over-new-deal-giving-chelsea-hope-luring-target

Ghoulam stalls over a new deal with Napoli we could get him at good price in the summer 

Agent Kurt Zouma has to do a solid here. (Both played together at St. Ettienne). 

Don't like these rumours linking him to Bayern Munich as they look to replace Philip Lahm. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7.2.2017 at 4:55 PM, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Agent Kurt Zouma has to do a solid here. (Both played together at St. Ettienne). 

Don't like these rumours linking him to Bayern Munich as they look to replace Philip Lahm. 

The lure of Bayern Munich can be strong. But lahm is a right sided player for Bayern, ghoulam only plays on the left iirc. I think they want him as back up for Alaba. But we could offer him first team action and better wages so it might be an even contest unless Bayern win the CL ofc.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

The lure of Bayern Munich can be strong. But lahm is a right sided player for Bayern, ghoulam only plays on the left iirc. I think they want him as back up for Alaba. But we could offer him first team action and better wages so it might be an even contest unless Bayern win the CL ofc.

Thank you for this straw. I will gleefully clutch at it. :)

Just need to look at Benatia's decline Some players are happy to waste away their best years in the hope of getting a chance.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You