Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool

Jase

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't like Ruben that high up the pitch. He needs to be running with the ball from slightly deeper rather than trying to run on to the ball like Costa or something. He was fairly invisible because of this. 

After a bright start from Willian we kind of just ignored the right side of our team as the half went on. 

Can also still see the warning signs due to the lack of pace in our defense. Caught out or nearly caught out several times. Further evidence that a new CB is an absolute necessity. 

Seriously, how shite are Cahill and Terry at carrying or passing a football? They're absolutely crippling our press resistance at the moment.

Whoever thinks you don't need ball playing centre-backs is a dinosaur. 

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Don't like Ruben that high up the pitch. He needs to be running with the ball from slightly deeper rather than trying to run on to the ball like Costa or something. He was fairly invisible because of this. 

After a bright start from Willian we kind of just ignored the right side of our team as the half went on. 

Can also still see the warning signs due to the lack of pace in our defense. Caught out or nearly caught out several times. Further evidence that a new CB is an absolute necessity. 

I think that for Conte we're stocked in CM. We have Matic, Kante, Fabregas, Oscar (who I think if we keep, will be played there) and all those might be ahead of him in the picking order.

So I guess he really liked the kid, but is looking for alternatives on how he could be more used. I also think he's a B2B player, but would he have many chances if we continued to play him there? It's a tough decision, I don't agree with Conte's take of this so far, but he's the professional manager instead of me, so I'll wait and see.

I like our pressing.

I'm especially enjoying Cesc and his workrate. He could always pick out the good passes (like the one that launched Willian) but I saw him defending a lot and putting in great tackles. Commentator picked up on it as well. I'm pleased. Hope he keeps it up.

Great not to see Ivanovich on haha (i know it's because of an injury)

Not really impressed with Moses, Matic, RLC and Traore. Would like to see Bats come on. 

Come on you Blues!

15 minutes ago, Barbara said:

It's obvious we need to sharpen the tactics, but we look so composed overall. I really like how we've been moving with the ball and especially without  (of course, some of our players don't know much about being composed,I'm talking in general).

I like how we quickly switch to the 4-5-1 when we don't have the ball. I also like how we've been moving fast to the attack. I also saw some bite pressing the opposition. Azpili - as usual, but also Moses, Cesc, RLC.

I think once we really get used to the new plan and ace it, we'll be a joy to watch.

The transition from defense to attack needs more work, imo. Need more triangles to get out of Liverpool's pressing in the middle and more diagonal passes to the wings.

Just now, CHOULO19 said:

The transition from defense to attack needs more work, imo. Need more triangles to get out of Liverpool's pressing in the middle and more diagonal passes to the wings.

which  is the sharpening part I've mean in the first line. We need to sharpen a lot,but the general reaction, plan and work seems to be working