RZ Pellets 0-3 Chelsea

Jase

13 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Most of all I hope to see some sort of progress, even slight, in the team's behaviour.

Would agree. It is going to take some time (hopefully not too long) for our guys to learn the quick, fast pace, attacking style Conte wants. The first game was interesting as you could see Conte telling the guys to push the play, but instead we would bring the ball near the area and then start walking the ball all around allowing the other team to set their defense and make penetration only possible via perfect passing. Looked like last year, especially early when we would look for 1-0 wins until our defense started leaking like a leaky boat. Willian does this a lot as does Hazard (did not play Saturday). Love Willian, but he and others are just too methodical most of the time, much like Arsenal. This comes from the Jose training. We have got to break this. Even Costa appears to have changed from the free running player the first half of 2014-15. Jose is still in the heads of these guys in my opinion.

I look forward to a change in style. Look back at how we played in 2012-13. Gotta get the mojo back and then some.

Come on you Chelsea!!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you want Ivanovic dropped from a preseason friendly? 

If he isn't in the plans of Conte then we're going to need to buy a new fullback. If he is, then at the very least I want him to be as physically ready as possible for the new season. 

25 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

If he isn't in the plans of Conte then we're going to need to buy a new fullback. If he is, then at the very least I want him to be as physically ready as possible for the new season. 

As if his fitness is the only problem.

24 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

To actually see other options as well as him being absolute average. There are enough games between now and the season opener with WHU to get him and everyone match fit.

It runs a lot deeper than fitness in the case of Branislav Ivanovic.

4 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

As if his fitness is the only problem.

Are you saying you'd rather seen an unfit Ivanovic start the season at RB for us?! :P

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

To actually see other options as well as him being absolute average. There are enough games between now and the season opener with WHU to get him and everyone match fit.

It runs a lot deeper than fitness in the case of Branislav Ivanovic.

True, but if a fit Ivanovic is disastrous, how bad is an unfit Ivanovic?

The thing is we have't got any real other options which the real issue here, not whether or not he starts a friendly match. 

Just now, CHOULO19 said:

Are you saying you'd rather seen an unfit Ivanovic start the season at RB for us?! :P

True, but if a fit Ivanovic is disastrous, how bad is an unfit Ivanovic?

The thing is we have't got any real other options which the real issue here, not whether or not he starts a friendly match. 

I mean we could be really really adventurous and jump right out the comfort zone and go Azpi RB and Kenedy at LB, can that be any worse than what Ivanovic showed us last season or the shit he served up in the last game?

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I mean we could be really really adventurous and jump right out the comfort zone and go Azpi RB and Kenedy at LB, can that be any worse than what Ivanovic showed us last season or the shit he served up in the last game?

Definitely not worse, but I think most would agree definitely not up to the standards of a team like Chelsea. 

I would rather have him physically ready to sit on the bench or in the stands for a whole season.
Azpi+Kenedy is not up to the standard required at Chelsea; Ivanovic is not up to the standard required at Hull.

7 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Definitely not worse, but I think most would agree definitely not up to the standards of a team like Chelsea. 

But unfortunately this is what really poor transfers windows have done for us, left us exposed and lacking real quality in areas we need.

5 hours ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Is this game going to be available to view on chelsea tv to non-subscribers like the last one?

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/07/chelsea-in-austria-action--free-online-tonight-.html

Go with a 4-4-2 and test how the youth as well as the regulars fit into this formation.

Costa————Traore

Moses———RLC——————Chalobah———Willian    

Baba————Terry——————Ivanovic————Aina

Begovic

Second half bring in Batshuayi, Oscar, Kenedy etc.