Chelsea v Man City

Jase

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really don't get how some are saying there isn't much hope, why? Despite a defeat in Paris where at times we played really well, there has been some really big plus points of late. Costa is back and firing again, Cesc is starting to find much better form and we may start now seeing fluidity down the flanks from our two wing backs in Rahman and Azpilicueta. City, if anything, are the team who are shot of confidence and look jaded, not us. Yes, they are still capable of beating anyone but at home and with our good form we can easily put these to bed.

What is of importance for me here is the starting 11 and that we remain with Rahman and Dave as our full backs. Dropping Rahman will be like a dagger in the heart for the lad after the PSG game. This City side look very shaky when teams get at them, and I'm not impressed at all by Kompany or Ottamendi this season at all. I'm not expecting Hazard to be dropped but what I do expect is he raise his game in this tie and starts actually talking on the pitch.

This is a very winnable game.

1 hour ago, BioHazard said:

I fancy us strongly against City. They haven't been performing great recently, and if they roll out some of the youngsters to boot then we should put them away no problem.

Youngsters can turn out better than senior players in some games so you never know.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I'd rather Man City play their real team than play their kids as is being suggested. Imagine if we lose to the pier youth team whilst we're playing our best XI...:P

If you rather the senior players over the youth because of possible banter, then...:blink:

Guus says John Terry will not be fit for this weekend's game. #CFC

Guus adds JT has been working with the physios out on the pitch but he still has too many problems to play this Sunday. #CFC

Guus hopes to have JT back for next weekend but he isn't certain yet and doesn't want to take any risks. #CFC

Guus says that while the absence of JT is a loss, he has complete confidence in his replacements as proven by the performance in Paris. #CFC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiddink says Falcao is the only other absentee for this weekend's game. #CFC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guus: 'Hazard was in a difficult situation but he has to step up. We have had some small talks. I hope he will do it soon.' #CFC

Guus says he has seen signs of Hazard at his best in recent weeks but he wants him to do it on a more consistent basis. #CFC

Guus says Hazard is very keen to be here, he has recently extended his contract and his family are also happy here. #CFC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guus says it is important all the players continue to take responsibility for their own individual performances. #CFC

Guus: 'I will make hardly any changes because we take the FA Cup very seriously.' #CFC

Guus says the history of the FA Cup must continue to be respected and we should not just think about the big clubs' concerns. #CFC

Guus says Man City were a bit unlucky in their last game and as a big team they are bound to react after two straight defeats. #CFC

Guus: 'Winning the FA Cup is a prestigious prize in England but also worldwide.' #CFC

Guus says it is not necessarily an advantage to us if Man City field some younger players. #CFC

Guus uses the example of our own Bertrand Traore as someone who has made the most of his time on the pitch recently. #CFC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guus on Baba Rahman: 'He's a gifted player, tactically good and very calm going forward. He has to focus on his tracking back.' #CFC

Guus says it is not necessarily an advantage to us if Man City field some younger players. #CFC

Guus uses the example of our own Bertrand Traore as someone who has made the most of his time on the pitch recently. #CFC

Guus says he was pleased with how his team performed during the week in difficult circumstances. #CFC

Guus says our forward play against Newcastle was very promising but stresses Sunday's game will likely be very different. #CFC

Guus: 'It's always a bonus when you win a cup. It's forever remarkable.' #CFC

3 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

If you rather the senior players over the youth because of possible banter, then...:blink:

The bantz has nothing to do with it. I just don't trust our team at the moment and wouldn't put it past them embarrassing themselves against City's B team.